Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not allowed to use my words against me, that's not fair! 😅

Disclaimer for everyone who thinks I hate Inart: I love inart, cancelled my HT Batman to get inarts, got two Aragorns on order and Gandalf. I had Joker on order but cancelled because both portraits I think are lacking. I know very much so how a lot of photos can do real injustice to a portrait, but for the most part, even the better photos don't look good enough for me in terms of realism and likeness to have kept it, among other reasons.
All good man. I'm more or less just pulling your leg. We like what we like :duff I do particular find the jail sculpt to be lacking as I've voiced before, but I'd be hard pressed to really find any issues with the normal sculpt in terms of likeness and/or realism.

Also I've been ragging on Hot Toys recently, sold all but two of them, they've been putting out crap.

In saying that the amount of ragging on this particular piece is funny, I'm not even favouring Hot Toys.

Anyway, play arts Kai did the best Jokor already.
Is there ragging on this piece? 🤔 Seems to be a lot of ppl liking what they're seeing just maybe not enough to pull the trigger if they have the InArt already. I do agree with a lot in this thread that the sculpted hair looks better than the rooted though. However, my compulsion to own as many options/accessories as possible will make me want to try to get the rooted and then just pick up a sculpted head parted out later.

Those shots from ACGHK look really good. Not a huge fan of rooted hair, and the sculpted hair looks especially good on this figure. I still haven’t gone for the InArt single figure, so if I can’t get that one for retail I may take it as a sign to just pick up the HT version.

From what I was told it's around $730, £570 UK money.

I really do like the sculpt alot more than I thought, even sculpted looks fantastic. No denying each one has it's own bonus points.

The hair volume on Inarts was a bit much the repaints and hair show the likeness better.

Img_2023_07_27_21_28_19.jpeg
Img_2023_07_27_21_28_13.jpeg

From what I was told it's around $730, £570 UK money.
Really? That sounds like grey HK market money to me. Or overpriced UK retailers.

As on a previous post, if it’s $433 in HK, $600 would be about right at Sideshow. Maybe $650. $730 seems a stretch from $433.

Theoretically, I suppose I could have a Hit Me Joker (HT) and a Grenade Joker (InArt)... and that Jail Joker.
That’s exactly what I’m thinking now. Damn this hobby!

Looks like we’ll have the same issue with the grenade rig as with InArt where the straps push the coat out at one side. HT should have made their rig removable.
08AC618E-7FE2-4FFC-9C78-1518C5196397.jpeg

Really? That sounds like grey HK market money to me. Or overpriced UK retailers.
As on a previous post, if it’s $433 in HK, $600 would be about right at Sideshow. Maybe $650. $730 seems a stretch from $433.
In the U.K. you basically have to add £100 to Sideshow's price as we get charged 20% VAT on the combined total of the figure plus shipping, and also have to pay the shipping company’s admin fee for the pleasure. If it’s $600 at Sideshow, it’ll be nearer $800 for us.

The sculpted looks like the superior offering at the moment but I figure a skilled hand could make the most out of HT’s rooted hair.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking now. Damn this hobby!

Looks like we’ll have the same issue with the grenade rig as with InArt where the straps push the coat out at one side. HT should have made their rig removable.
View attachment 652254

In the U.K. you basically have to add £100 to Sideshow's price as we get charged 20% VAT on the combined total of the figure plus shipping, and also have to pay the shipping company’s admin fee for the pleasure. If it’s $600 at Sideshow, it’ll be nearer $800 for us.

The sculpted looks like the superior offering at the moment but I figure a skilled hand could make the most out of HT’s rooted hair.
True, but the comment wasn’t just UK specific, as I read it. That’s why I said in my post that it sounded like UK charges at $730 or grey market. I’m currently UK and rarely use UK retailers any more.

True, but the comment wasn’t just UK specific, as I read it. That’s why I said in my post that it sounded like UK charges at $730 or grey market. I’m currently UK and rarely use UK retailers any more.
Same, never buy from UK retailers now. It's twice as much as buying from Hong Kong. Sideshow is only cost effective if you have a lot of points.

I already got the rooted inArt figure so I am thinking of just going with the sculpted for this HT release.
It should be fairly simple to have the sculpted head re-rooted by a third-party if I do go that path, correct?

I am thinking that HT will likely release the interrogation scene Joker later on but purely focused on that specific scene with multiple portraits, etc. I am hoping a metal table as well... I am crossing my fingers at least since I recently let me DX11 go. lol

Same, never buy from UK retailers now. It's twice as much as buying from Hong Kong. Sideshow is only cost effective if you have a lot of points.
I used points a few years back and they declared full retail value on the parcel. Customs stung me big time. So a cheaper figure wasn’t remotely cheap.

Certain angles it looks a lot like their 1/4 Joker. Rooted looks just as good at the sculpted hair.
right?? I think it's looking great overall. But something about the sculpt just reminds me of the quarter scale final product, can't put my finger on what it is

Back