Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My custom 1/4 Joker HS
724864c8533b7e30e8aae27ce25a5af4.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

That Joker is SICK. If only the Hot Toys one looked like that. :clap

Here's my thoughts on it. I love the figure, it looks great to me, yes the head sculpt could be fixed a little bit here are there and the hair could have been sculpting differently, but I'm very happy how it is and I can't wait for this figure to come out. The things that really need to be fixed is the chin just a little bit and the hair and that's it I think. Still like how this guy looks and we'll do pics and a review on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a positive note, this figure is very likely to increase in value in the long run just because it is a hot toys ledger joker, so people can see it as a potential investment.

Here's my thoughts on it. I love the figure, it looks great to me, yes the head sculpt could be fixed a little bit here are there and the hair could have been sculpting differently, but I'm very happy how it is and I can't wait for this figure to come out. The things that really need to be fixed is the chin just a little bit and the hair and that's it I think. Still like how this guy looks and we'll do pics and a review on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree and will be keen to see the review!

There will be at least three 1/4 custom heads made for this figure less than a month of its release. There will be many options if you do not like the standard head with the figure.

My custom 1/4 Joker HS
724864c8533b7e30e8aae27ce25a5af4.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Ok now that’s badass!!! Really puts the hot toys to shame. And that’s the point, why am I spending all this money on a headsculpt that can’t even compete with custom?? Hot Toys is a multi million dollar company right now they should really do better... I canceled my p.o cause I can’t have this in my collection and I really don’t want to spend hundreds more on a headsculpt just to improve a figure that shouldn’t of had to been improve haha I’m sorry if that’s crazy to ask for haha

And that’s really the enterbay sculpt!! Wow man wish enterbay stayed in the movie game they had great sculptors...

There will be at least three 1/4 custom heads made for this figure less than a month of its release. There will be many options if you do not like the standard head with the figure.

That's all well and good...but people shouldn't have to shell out for a new sculpt which will probably cost somewhere near to the price of the figure itself..

That's all well and good...but people shouldn't have to shell out for a new sculpt which will probably cost somewhere near to the price of the figure itself..

I mean... I hate to say it, but you're not obliged to buy this. If you don't like this buy one that you do like and don't have to buy parts for.

I don't think the sculpt is as close as it could or should be... I have it on order, though, and there's not a chance in hell I'll buy parts or swap outs for it, if I didn't think this looked good enough I'd look for something else. But I'm guessing you're a different type of collector that obsesses over all the nuances and subtleties in how close a figure looks. Which is fair enough, to an extent I do too, but at this scale I think Hot Toys will offer the best quality, fair enough maybe not the best likeness, but pros and cons and all that.

It sort of comes down to entitlement, you like Hot Toys, you want to buy a good Hot Toys Joker, you don't think it's up to scratch yet feel compelled you still have to buy it because you want it to be good and it almost is great. Now out of the anger at Hot Toys not getting it 100% feel like you have to buy replacement parts for it. Eh, on the one hand I get the frustration that a company of Hot Toys level hasn't got it as close as they should, but the other tells me if you don't think it's all that and worth the price point, may as well just build or make your own or buy another.

Tell me about it aren't ppl spending 2K-3K for the 1/6 from Adam GU. I don't understand why Hot Toys doesn't do a consumer poll on their sculpts, I understand not EVERYONE will be happy but the majority of Heath Ledger fans know his likeness.

I mean... I hate to say it, but you're not obliged to buy this. If you don't like this buy one that you do like and don't have to buy parts for.

I don't think the sculpt is as close as it could or should be... I have it on order, though, and there's not a chance in hell I'll buy parts or swap outs for it, if I didn't think this looked good enough I'd look for something else. But I'm guessing you're a different type of collector that obsesses over all the nuances and subtleties in how close a figure looks. Which is fair enough, to an extent I do too, but at this scale I think Hot Toys will offer the best quality, fair enough maybe not the best likeness, but pros and cons and all that.

It sort of comes down to entitlement, you like Hot Toys, you want to buy a good Hot Toys Joker, you don't think it's up to scratch yet feel compelled you still have to buy it because you want it to be good and it almost is great. Now out of the anger at Hot Toys not getting it 100% feel like you have to buy replacement parts for it. Eh, on the one hand I get the frustration that a company of Hot Toys level hasn't got it as close as they should, but the other tells me if you don't think it's all that and worth the price point, may as well just build or make your own or buy another.

I guess we all see things differently...for me that proto head sculpt is 'at best' mediocre and an embarrassment to the memory of Ledger's joker...

It's 2018....EB gave us a better sculpt over five years ago...so i was expecting HT to raise the bar and give us something special...especially at this scale and price point.

I thought the PERS system would have been a given as it looks and works great on TDK batman...rooted hair would have been welcomed too!
But sadly we get neither...which i could forgive if the head sculpt had blown me away in likeness to Ledger...but no it's awful and a huge disappointment..
Again i still believe/hope that the production sculpt will be tweaked.

I do have the EB version which i'm still more than happy with...but i'd like this version too...as then i can have both the different looks from the mobster and interrogation scenes on display..

Tell me about it aren't ppl spending 2K-3K for the 1/6 from Adam GU. I don't understand why Hot Toys doesn't do a consumer poll on their sculpts, I understand not EVERYONE will be happy but the majority of Heath Ledger fans know his likeness.

$6.5k I believe was the latest.

I just wish HT was consistent. Seeing that accessory pack for the Infinity War Iron Man makes me wish they’d do that stuff for all their lines, but there’s no way in hell. I’d love the option of getting alternate heads/clothing options/etc.

I just wish HT was consistent. Seeing that accessory pack for the Infinity War Iron Man makes me wish they’d do that stuff for all their lines, but there’s no way in hell. I’d love the option of getting alternate heads/clothing options/etc.

Yeah I noticed the treat some releases better then others, even when it’s the same character.

Back