Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im still hope that HT improve my custom Enterbay HS....
ad2320f0929977309aea2ee7885d0ac2.jpg
cc2036b796d24b15ba3301100b9f9d42.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

I wouldn’t even bother with the hot toys I think you got a great joker right there. Just go after the loose hot toys tie, socks and some of the weapons and your all set.

I wouldn’t even bother with the hot toys I think you got a great joker right there. Just go after the loose hot toys tie, socks and some of the weapons and your all set.
Yes.... I Will put this head on the HTs body if they dont improve anything...

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

How much does that cost? Amazing sculpt.

At this point I think it's a waste of time expecting HT to improve the sculpt. They had an entire year to change the finish on the QS009 Batman from satin to matte and didn't bother. They left Bale's eye colour incorrect also. Really simple changes so if they didn't bother with those no way are they going to redo this sculpt.

I'll use the stock sculpt as a place holder until I can find a custom I consider better but at a reasonable price...i.e less than the price of the figure.

HT have been getting away with poor likenesses for years. Nobody seemed to care that RDJ didn't look like RDJ until, what, Mk VII or mechanic Tony Stark or whatever. Fair enough I guess 'cause IM is all about the suit.

The entire SW OT cast minus Leia was phoned in, but fans swallowed it 'cause wahaddya gon do? They're done with T2 after three average takes on T800 Arnie and an ok-at-best Robert Patrick.

They've got by on a handful of stellar sculpts over the years, but there are few iconic characters they've really done justice to. I can't see them being bothered to improve on this one... they know they'll sell enough of them to not have to bother.

HT have been getting away with poor likenesses for years. Nobody seemed to care that RDJ didn't look like RDJ until, what, Mk VII or mechanic Tony Stark or whatever. Fair enough I guess 'cause IM is all about the suit.

The entire SW OT cast minus Leia was phoned in, but fans swallowed it 'cause wahaddya gon do? They're done with T2 after three average takes on T800 Arnie and an ok-at-best Robert Patrick.

They've got by on a handful of stellar sculpts over the years, but there are few iconic characters they've really done justice to. I can't see them being bothered to improve on this one... they know they'll sell enough of them to not have to bother.

Yup I have to wonder if they didn’t do this figure to shut up the collectors who have the 1/4 TDKR figure? That’s probably why they haven’t been show casing it because “ they don’t want to hear the opinions and have to be forced to fix it” so they figure they keep everybody waiting and build up some hype by not showing it so by the time they sale out people will start to realize how off the sculpt really is to the actor/character.

Yup I have to wonder if they didn’t do this figure to shut up the collectors who have the 1/4 TDKR figure? That’s probably why they haven’t been show casing it because “ they don’t want to hear the opinions and have to be forced to fix it” so they figure they keep everybody waiting and build up some hype by not showing it so by the time they sale out people will start to realize how off the sculpt really is to the actor/character.

The weird thing is: it’s not even like that, anymore. Back when that figure cane out, people could still post on their Facebook page with constructive criticism/opinions/whathaveyou. Now, they have even less reason to fix things because people have no place to talk about it. I still just think the Yulli thing is super annoying. Every artist has their strengths and weaknesses, and that isn’t to say she isn’t very talented, but when an artist hasn’t been able to get a specific likeness or character down after four tries or more, it boggles the mind why they’d draw from that same well the next time around...

The weird thing is: it’s not even like that, anymore. Back when that figure cane out, people could still post on their Facebook page with constructive criticism/opinions/whathaveyou. Now, they have even less reason to fix things because people have no place to talk about it. I still just think the Yulli thing is super annoying. Every artist has their strengths and weaknesses, and that isn’t to say she isn’t very talented, but when an artist hasn’t been able to get a specific likeness or character down after four tries or more, it boggles the mind why they’d draw from that same well the next time around...

On the other hand, Arnie Kim makes one dud and he's out the door. There must be more to it than that, maybe the loss of the Bruce Lee license and who knows what other negotiation stuff going on at the time, but that was the optics...

It is time for digital sculpting.

Oh wait never mind. Why push that when people still buy sub par sculpts.

Competition is key. A recent example, look what Figuarts Star Wars did to The Black Series.

It is time for digital sculpting.

Oh wait never mind. Why push that when people still buy sub par sculpts.

Competition is key. A recent example, look what Figuarts Star Wars did to The Black Series.

Honestly my 2 cents I never got into hot toys because they had “sculptors” I got into them because they made aweasome figures that looked like the movie counterparts. So if it comes down to digital sculpts to fully enhance 100% accuracy then let’s do it. I mean don’t they already use digital files for the iron man suits???

I mean those sculpts are stunningly beautiful but I cannot believe the money people pay for some of these custom heads. Absolutely outrageous amounts of $$. I'm all for people spending their money on whatever they want as long as it's not bringing harm to themselves or anybody else, so do what you want I guess but anybody that buys one of those 1K+ heads are getting completely gouged. I'm sure plenty of time, effort and skill are required but there is no way that price is justified.

I mean those sculpts are stunningly beautiful but I cannot believe the money people pay for some of these custom heads. Absolutely outrageous amounts of $$. I'm all for people spending their money on whatever they want as long as it's not bringing harm to themselves or anybody else, so do what you want I guess but anybody that buys one of those 1K+ heads are getting completely gouged. I'm sure plenty of time, effort and skill are required but there is no way that price is justified.

Yeah for sure. Beautiful work but asking way too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:horror That's me out then! Amazing sculpt but the price of a Prime 1 statue, no way.

Yeah I rather go on by the prime one joker than that sculpt which is amazing but too much.

There will be at least three 1/4 custom heads made for this figure less than a month of its release. There will be many options if you do not like the standard head with the figure.

which is the only reason I ordered this. It just depends what the cost of one is going to be all said and done.

I guess we all see things differently...for me that proto head sculpt is 'at best' mediocre and an embarrassment to the memory of Ledger's joker...

It's 2018....EB gave us a better sculpt over five years ago...so i was expecting HT to raise the bar and give us something special...especially at this scale and price point.

I thought the PERS system would have been a given as it looks and works great on TDK batman...rooted hair would have been welcomed too!
But sadly we get neither...which i could forgive if the head sculpt had blown me away in likeness to Ledger...but no it's awful and a huge disappointment..
Again i still believe/hope that the production sculpt will be tweaked.

I do have the EB version which i'm still more than happy with...but i'd like this version too...as then i can have both the different looks from the mobster and interrogation scenes on display..

I had the EB version years ago, and yea, makes no sense why HT couldn't improve upon it all these years later. The EB sculpt is way better.

Yeah I rather go on by the prime one joker than that sculpt which is amazing but too much.

I've tried to love the Prime version, but for the price, the pose bugs the hell out of me with the facial expression. I don't have many figures at all, but I'm pretty desperate for a great Heath without spending crazy money. I feel like this figure with a custom head is my best option right now.

The sculpt is much better than Prime1's Joker though, well maybe not, I mean the Prime1 joker sculpt was made by adam, so the problem IMO is the weak paint job and the sculpted hair. Rooted hair is a must on Ledger's Joker

Back