Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were in the same movie! Batman goes after the imposter batmen and checks out the robbed bank with Gordon that the joker was in. Yeah they weren't in the same scene but it was the same movie. But I see what your saying. I love the sculpted eyes on the begins. I always felt like the 1/4 TDKR looked off with the moving eyes.

Ah so they were, I'd completely forgotten about that!

They'll look great together and work perfectly for my needs. Begins is my favourite ever Superhero origin movie and Ledgers Joker the best live action portrayal of a comic book villain.

Ah so they were, I'd completely forgotten about that!

They'll look great together and work perfectly for my needs. Begins is my favourite ever Superhero origin movie and Ledgers Joker the best live action portrayal of a comic book villain.

Oops sorry I mean the Chinese mob guy moved the mobs traced cash where Gordon goes to attack which is where batman meets Gordon. Yeah I'm so used to all these years looking at the enterbay release that I'm okay with joker being paired with the begins suit. And who knows maybe hot toys give us another 1/4 TDK suit! I mean they had to of paid for the right to do the joker right? Enterbay had that license and lost it. I own the armory batman so I really like the look and proportions on that figure and I have him with my DX11 joker.

I have the Batman 1/4 TDKR but I heard the size is not really 1/4, Hot Toys can improve this version

That's what I heard years ago. I'm not sure if it was confirmed but collectors who own boba fett and iron man if batman was in scale or not. Hot toys seems to throw curve balls as frvas the height goes on figures. I don't know if they base it on actors true heights or the characters heights? Haha I didn't think the HT batman looked too bad compared to enterbay joker so I'm sure the HT joker be fine.

Heath was slightly taller than Bale, so with Bale in the suit they should probably be about the same height.

Heath was slightly taller than Bale, so with Bale in the suit they should probably be about the same height.

No he shouldn't be near the same height, the Joker is wearing flat shoes, whereas Batman is wearing big boots, Batman should be the taller one out of the two. That being said, EBs is probably oversized, given it has very long legs, HT's will most likely be in scale.

6415c25f0d9713945824259e89861774.jpg

Just need a joker in the middle of these two now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with ShadowGuardian.

Well one of the complaints about the QS001 was that he was a lot shorter than the EB Joker. Think about it, Ledger was 6' 1 and Bale is 6 feet even, an inch is not that big of a difference. Add big boots to someone that is 6 feet, they will be taller than some one who is 6'1 if they wear very flat shoes that don't give them a height increase as little as an inch.

Well one of the complaints about the QS001 was that he was a lot shorter than the EB Joker. Think about it, Ledger was 6' 1 and Bale is 6 feet even, an inch is not that big of a difference. Add big boots to someone that is 6 feet, they will be taller than some one who is 6'1 if they wear very flat shoes that don't give them a height increase as little as an inch.

QS001, in spite of its quality, indeed looked undersized next to my other quarter-scale figures and statues. I think it could have been at least a quarter or a third of an inch taller (not counting the bat-ears), and some proportionally added girth/mass as well.

Makes some people wonder what they'd do to this 1/4 Joker and the Begins suit figure in terms of scale. Would they make it uniform to QS001?

Darkavatar, you have both QS001 and Sideshow's PF counterpart, yes? Any significant differences on the size?

QS001, in spite of its quality, indeed looked undersized next to my other quarter-scale figures and statues. I think it could have been at least a quarter or a third of an inch taller (not counting the bat-ears), and some proportionally added girth/mass as well.

Agreed.

Makes some people wonder what they'd do to this 1/4 Joker and the Begins suit figure in terms of scale. Would they make it uniform to QS001?

Yeah I wonder that to.

Darkavatar, you have both QS001 and Sideshow's PF counterpart, yes? Any significant differences on the size?

Good question, but that's hard to say since the PF is in a crouching position, and my QS001 isn't. I am not the best poser so I am not sure I would be able to replicate the pose of the PF on my QS001. Plus I have done the height "mod" on my QS001 as well, so it wouldn't be as accurate as a stock one.

Agreed.

Yeah I wonder that to.

Good question, but that's hard to say since the PF is in a crouching position, and my QS001 isn't. I am not the best poser so I am not sure I would be able to replicate the pose of the PF on my QS001. Plus I have done the height "mod" on my QS001 as well, so it wouldn't be as accurate as a stock one.

I think these new 1/4 are gonna be bigger than the first Batman 1/4

Thank you! It was so expensive but I have zero complaints with the figure. It's amazing. I really don't see why they would do a 2.0 because there's nothing to improve on. Everything you could possibly want is here. MAYBE a re-release but even that doesn't seem likely to me. Otherwise we would have gotten other figures like the DX11 produced more. These are limited edition collectibles for a reason.

Some are saying a 1/4 TDK Batman is inevitable but personally I think it's wishful thinking.
Congrats on the figure! And I totally agree on everything you said,a re-release of the QS001 won't happen,the mere fact it's quarter scale kind of drives it home,HT are really only just getting started with the quarter scale line,they won't be going back and re-releasing another Nolan Bats,sure in 1/6 it's been done,but that's 1/6,it's waaaaaaaay to early in their 1/4 line to be re-releasing.
Anyway,enough on that,I ordered the 1/4 Ledger Joker today,I'm happy as hell [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

You must be new to joker threads. Some of these guys spend up to 8K to have a miniature Heath to whack off to.

Edit:

It has started.
Haha laughed so hard at the "8K to have a miniature Heath to whack off to" so true.

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Taking leap of faith and just ordered the exclusive version from Sideshow. Had to cancel my plans to get Hoth Leia and K-2SO, they better tweak that ugly hair sculpt and make adjustments on final product.

TDK is one of my favorite interpretations of The Joker. Oh man, this is a must. G'aaahhhh this looks so good.

Are you guys going with the Exclusive or Regular ?
Exclusive for sure. I'm quite fond of the alternative head; the paint job looks really well done and I see the likeness to Ledger more in it.

Plus any exclusive or deluxe Ledger Joker is going to retain a higher value once the supply runs dry.

Exclusive for me to. I know many hate it as it wasn't in the movie but I love the alternate head. It's pretty unique and I'm all for HT trying new things

Back