Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope they tweak the Joker a bit to give us a more definitive Joker figure. I know this is going to piss some people off, but I have the EB and it does resemble the Joker a lot more. Dont get me wrong though, I do have the HT preordered. I do love the half and half face sculpt

Resembles Ledger a lot more to.

13781667_609901012513224_3949839158312833431_n.jpg

agreed, I love my Eb joker, but I wish HT will do a lot better than EB joker

We all do, but I don't think Yulli is very good at capturing Ledger's Likeness. I think her Cop Joker is the only product sculpt that has any likeness to Ledger.

They're probably tweaking the sculpt now.

They need to do more than tweak it, so many things are off with it. Having said that I plan on buying this Joker because the quality will be such better than EBs. If they don't fix the sculpt I will bash my EB sculpt on the Mob version one.

Thank you! It was so expensive but I have zero complaints with the figure. It's amazing. I really don't see why they would do a 2.0 because there's nothing to improve on. Everything you could possibly want is here.

Believe me as much as people loved that figure there were so many people bashing the hell out of it, so I would say there is a fare bit to improve on, regardless I am glad your happy with it.

Last edited:
I disagree, the fact this sold out and is still highly wanted means there's a market for it. The fact there's a TDK 1/4 Joker gives x100 more reason for there to be a market for them. The amount of people that will get 1/4 Joker and not have this Batman to go with it, let alone all the people that just flat out missed out on this Batman.

I think most people don't want a re-issue or a new version because they've spent a lot or like the fact that no one else can get it. I'd hope they do another, I'd like one. If anything I would imagine if they did it would be similar to them redoing Batman as the Batman Armoury version.

Sometimes, people are just going to miss out on things. Hot Toys isn't going to rerelease a figure just because they make something new. With the BB Batman coming out they wouldn't bother with a TDK Batman so soon. It would be at least a couple of years. By then Joker will be sold out. Should they then go back and remake Joker again?

QS001 was available at a lot of places for retail for quite awhile. There wasn't really any reason someone couldn't have picked it up at the time. I had two but ended up selling them since I had no Joker or Bane to go with them. Had I known they would make a Joker I would have kept them, but I didn't so I won't bother getting them again and won't bother with Joker.

I'm getting both this and the Begins Batman figure but I hope that's the end of 1/4 Nolan stuff. Please no re-issuing old figures.

Do something new in that scale. Nicholson Joker, Keaton Batman, Batfleck, Reeve or Cavill Superman, Wonder Woman for example.

Or something non DC or Marvel. Terminator 1 or 2, Rambo, Rocky. If I could choose anything it would be a 1/4 John McClane from the first Die Hard movie but don't expext it to ever happen.

I'm just so skeptical of a reissue because Hot Toys almost never does that even if a sold out figure is still in demand no?

They do it all the time, the Predators and now the Aliens with Ripley, but l doubt they will reissue a 1\4 scale TDK suit Batman.

I hope that's the case at least for a few years. They can't constantly re-release figures because of new collectors, and I'm new to it myself having missed the DX11 Joker and many other great figures. There is still the secondary market for the QS001 and the Begins figure is coming. Okay it's not from the same movie but it's Bale Batman. Good enough for me especially as I much prefer the Begins suit.

They really need to do a 1/4 scale Bane..... My collection feels incomplete with that guy
I'm curious to see how deep they would go into the trilogy in 1/4, especially considering 1/4 is still definitely not as popular as 1/6.

I think the 2 Batman's and Joker are a given but everybody else it's hard to say. I think the only other character I could see them doing would be Bane. He's probably the only other character I would buy too because of how expensive these guys are.

Edit: I think it's more likely that we would see a 1/4 Ben Affleck Batman before we see any more TDK stuff too.

Sometimes, people are just going to miss out on things. Hot Toys isn't going to rerelease a figure just because they make something new. With the BB Batman coming out they wouldn't bother with a TDK Batman so soon. It would be at least a couple of years. By then Joker will be sold out. Should they then go back and remake Joker again?

:lecture

1/4th Bane?? I wanna see a highly detailed 1/4th Harvey Dent. Imagine the detail on the sculpt and paint along with a well tailored suit.

For the ones that have them, the original release was when HT was playing around with that crappy semi-transparent material for the HS. A lot of detail was lost and the paint looked kinda bad too. A new 1/4th version is actually warranted. That would look way more visually interesting then Bane.

1/4th Bane?? I wanna see a highly detailed 1/4th Harvey Dent. Imagine the detail on the sculpt and paint along with a well tailored suit.

For the ones that have them, the original release was when HT was playing around with that crappy semi-transparent material for the HS. A lot of detail was lost and the paint looked kinda bad too. A new 1/4th version is actually warranted. That would look way more visually interesting then Bane.
A Two Face would be cool but at the end of the day he's just a guy in a burned business suit. Not sure if I could justify the price point for that unless it was significantly cheaper. He wouldn't have many accessories either.

A new 1/6 is definitely warranted but 1/4 doesn't seem necessary.

A Two Face would be cool but at the end of the day he's just a guy in a burned business suit. Not sure if I could justify the price point for that unless it was significantly cheaper. He wouldn't have many accessories either.

A new 1/6 is definitely warranted but 1/4 doesn't seem necessary.

Same here. Bane is huge. Hopefully they fix his size with a 1/4. Massive!

QS001 was available at a lot of places for retail for quite awhile. There wasn't really any reason someone couldn't have picked it up at the time. I had two but ended up selling them since I had no Joker or Bane to go with them. Had I known they would make a Joker I would have kept them, but I didn't so I won't bother getting them again and won't bother with Joker.

Considering how "shmeh" this one is? Yes. Yes, they should.

Back