Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope HT look beyond the Nolan universe for their next 1/4 DC figure. If the want to do another Joker give us Nicholson in 1/4 scale.

Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman should be considered before anything else Nolan related at this scale.

I would hope HT look beyond the Nolan universe for their next 1/4 DC figure. If the want to do another Joker give us Nicholson in 1/4 scale.

Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman should be considered before anything else Nolan related at this scale.

Ah man a Keaton 1/4 HT would be A W E S O M E

Yes, yes they should if they want to make more money and more people want to get one - i'm not one of those collectors that prizes items on their rarity, I prize them on how good they are.

Well, that wasn't really the thrust of my agreement with Bustajesse's post. I also don't care about rarity.

THIS. THIS.

No other characters portrayed in films (superheroes) are as iconic as these two. These started it all, and are to this day loved by millions and millions.

Why they haven’t produced anything 1/4 for Keaton/Reeve is something I will never understand.

But hey, here’s your $260 6” ****ing rat for you (GOG2)

THIS. THIS.

No other characters portrayed in films (superheroes) are as iconic as these two. These started it all, and are to this day loved by millions and millions.

Why they haven’t produced anything 1/4 for Keaton/Reeve is something I will never understand.

But hey, here’s your $260 6” ****ing rat for you (GOG2)

One reason for not doing Reeve is they no longer have Arnie Kim and he is the only one that can nail the likeness of Reeve. Plus getting the likeness to do Reeve is expensive, which is why Blitzway never tackled it when they had Arnie. As for not doing Keaton in 1/4 scale, my best guess would be there is less demand for it than Nolan's Batman.

Last edited:
I would understand Keaton over Batfleck but Keaton over Nolan?

Good god... The standards back then must have been really low compared to the standards now.

The way we mention Nolan here you could be forgiven for assuming he himself played Batman....if you didn't know better.

Also, would Reeve's likeness really be that expensive? I mean even NECA did a Reeve Superman and they flat out refuse to pay for Jack Nicholson or Peter Weller.

The way we mention Nolan here you could be forgiven for assuming he himself played Batman....if you didn't know better.

Lol lol lol.

Batmania back then was bigger than anything all things considered. No social media, no cellphones, nothing. It was out of this world.

You might not like Burton’s vision of Batman, but for all intents and purposes, Keaton WAS the one that started it all.

Yeah yeah yeah, comics were around before him. But not every one had access to them (third world countries, etc etera).

Keaton Bats? Everyone wanted to go to the theaters to finally see Batman in the silver screen. And it was amazing.

As far as Reeve not getting a figure... it’s just BS. HT is a bizarre ass company. Period.

:lol

Also, would Reeve's likeness really be that expensive?

Well it was too expensive for Blitzway, but I guess they are not as rich as Hot Toys.

I mean even NECA did a Reeve Superman and they flat out refuse to pay for Jack Nicholson or Peter Weller.

Hmm that's interesting and NECA's Reeve sculpt is not bad at all. Maybe since Hot Toys no longer has Arnie, they just don't want to bother trying to sculpt Reeve.:dunno

Last edited:
The Keaton movies were events at the theaters...I still have the comic adaptations they sold

I would like to see some pics of those! I was born in 90' but, the Keaton Batman movies were a big part of my childhood. Those 2 films and the Animated Series started my love of Batman and I still watch them all the time lol.

After Joker was annonced I got my hands on the QS001. It arrived today. Truly an amazing figure; I have no issues what so ever with it. Makes me even more excited for Joker and the Begins Batman.

631ab37a1b276000f24ce4871f5e13fa.jpg
1e5508f446641b00feae5cecb88cc8c0.jpg

Amazing Purchase I got my Sideshow Exclusive QS001 form eBay last month $850 Now Some places are Asking $2,000 prices are skyrocketing because people want the 1/4 Pairs. I don't do this to make money However I feel like a 1/4 Dark Knight with battle damaged cowl, and diorama are inevitable QS001 really gives you everything.

Lol lol lol.

Batmania back then was bigger than anything all things considered. No social media, no cellphones, nothing. It was out of this world.

You might not like Burton’s vision of Batman, but for all intents and purposes, Keaton WAS the one that started it all.

Yeah yeah yeah, comics were around before him. But not every one had access to them (third world countries, etc etera).

Keaton Bats? Everyone wanted to go to the theaters to finally see Batman in the silver screen. And it was amazing.

As far as Reeve not getting a figure... it’s just BS. HT is a bizarre ass company. Period.

Preaching to the choir.

Superman: The Movie is pretty dated in its special effects and the feats that Superman performs (either not particularly impressive for a modern movie audience or the other extreme - too ridiculously absurd - spinning the world backwards and reversing time) but the charm is still there. Many people, myself included, just wish you could transplant Reeve into any new Superman movie and likewise the John Williams theme.

Batman '89...I actually don't think is all that dated - it's a fantasy world, a very particular take on Batman. I think you could make a new film in that world and it'd be acceptable today - for me, more than acceptable; I'd love to see that. And related to what I just posted in the other thread I'd happily watch the Burton Batmobile in action again - or something similar to its aesthetic.

The importance of those movies can't be denied. They were huge. I wasn't around for Superman but I was just old enough to remember the Batman hype and see it in the cinema. For that 7 year old the film didn't disappoint. Sure, now I recognise that the plot is a bit thin, the romance is stupidly over-dramatic at times and they shouldn't have killed the Joker - doesn't matter though. It made its impact both subjectively for me and objectively for blockbuster cinema.

Well it was too expensive for Blitzway, but I guess they are not as rich as Hot Toys.

Hmm that's interesting and NECA's Reeve sculpt is not bad at all. Maybe since Hot Toys no longer has Arnie, they just don't want to bother trying to sculpt Reeve.:dunno

Maybe. But more likely IMO they just don't care that much. They've got current superhero movies and Star Wars, nothing else is important to them anymore.

Amazing Purchase I got my Sideshow Exclusive QS001 form eBay last month $850 Now Some places are Asking $2,000 prices are skyrocketing because people want the 1/4 Pairs. I don't do this to make money However I feel like a 1/4 Dark Knight with battle damaged cowl, and diorama are inevitable QS001 really gives you everything.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Is that $850 USD?

Back