Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing this in person at ACGHK and at Secret Base, Joker looks better than the internet pics. It does have a good presence. Currently at Secret Base this is displayed out in the open with no display glass covering it so I really got to look at it up close. The materials for the purple jacket look amazing. The purple really pops ! In fact, all the clothes look great and sharp.

With that said... the sculpt is still not good. Doesn't feel like Joker at all. For people that scream "I see Heath" well... the most courteous thing I can say is it would look like a Heath makeup test for Joker. So it's Heath walking around talking in his normal voice with makeup. The EB still has a better sculpt/expression and again its more noticeable in person. However, apart from the head, HT seems to have everything else in good order. Happy for collectors that get to own this.

I agree the sculpt is missing the mark. I think a fair comparison would be comparing the Episode 4 Luke Skywalker to Mark Hamill. There is likeness here and there but not uncanny resemblance like some figures. However in some of the earlier posts in this thread someone referenced a figure or two that had upgrades made to the headsculpt from the first release proto version. My biggest gripe in the hair. Not about it not being rooted but, the hairline. Hopefully there will be some upgrades though. I decided to get this to go with the Begins 1/4 so I can have two HT 1/4 figures. I do not have the money to drop at the moment on the 2.0 Joker on eBay so it made this one a no brainer for me personally.

I like the way it looks and was never too keen on the Enterbay version (Love their Batman tho) I think everyone should be happy about this.

Hot Toys finally made one, the Enterbay version is going down in price, they will definitely change things about the figure in general before it releases. Besides if you don't like it or the EB version than just hold out. It's only a matter of time before the 1/4 Joker 2.0 is announced. :lol

Yeah I found out earlier today. They must have got a really small number, I feel fortunate to have nabbed one.

you got alot of luck then yes, but i have also luck because a seller from ebay has make a nice deal for the special edition also for me :)

you got alot of luck then yes, but i have also luck because a seller from ebay has make a nice deal for the special edition also for me :)

:) Awesome, glad you were able to find one. Now we just have to wait nearly a year. :lol

There won't be a 2.0...not in quarter scale..

Riiiight. A 2.0 TDK bat suit Batman is inevitable as well. There is a reason they're avoiding anything for the interrogation room look with this Joker. Just like the DX figure they are starting with the Mob boss scene then will do the interrogation room look later. Classic Hot Toys/Apple mentality- never give them everything they wanted in the first release.

After Joker was annonced I got my hands on the QS001. It arrived today. Truly an amazing figure; I have no issues what so ever with it. Makes me even more excited for Joker and the Begins Batman.

631ab37a1b276000f24ce4871f5e13fa.jpg
1e5508f446641b00feae5cecb88cc8c0.jpg

Looks amazing!

I just hope they tweak the Joker a bit to give us a more definitive Joker figure. I know this is going to piss some people off, but I have the EB and it does resemble the Joker a lot more. Dont get me wrong though, I do have the HT preordered. I do love the half and half face sculpt

Looks amazing!

I just hope they tweak the Joker a bit to give us a more definitive Joker figure. I know this is going to piss some people off, but I have the EB and it does resemble the Joker a lot more. Dont get me wrong though, I do have the HT preordered. I do love the half and half face sculpt
agreed, I love my Eb joker, but I wish HT will do a lot better than EB joker

Riiiight. A 2.0 TDK bat suit Batman is inevitable as well. There is a reason they're avoiding anything for the interrogation room look with this Joker. Just like the DX figure they are starting with the Mob boss scene then will do the interrogation room look later. Classic Hot Toys/Apple mentality- never give them everything they wanted in the first release.

The TDK batman included everything you could possible want so there's no need for a 2.0...

For me this is HT finest release from TDK trilogy..in any scale...congrats:duff
Thank you! It was so expensive but I have zero complaints with the figure. It's amazing. I really don't see why they would do a 2.0 because there's nothing to improve on. Everything you could possibly want is here. MAYBE a re-release but even that doesn't seem likely to me. Otherwise we would have gotten other figures like the DX11 produced more. These are limited edition collectibles for a reason.

Some are saying a 1/4 TDK Batman is inevitable but personally I think it's wishful thinking.

The TDK batman included everything you could possible want so there's no need for a 2.0...

So did the first DX, but that didn't stop them doing a 2.0.:lol

The first one was technically a Rises version, not a Dark Knight version. They've got to see the recent increased demand for the 1/4 Batman now and they'll want to cash in again. This is the original HT cash cow, they'll keep revisiting as long as it keeps making them money.

The DX Batman though was for a litany of other reasons than re-release. The oly abs, cross eyed PERS, mis-aligned bat chestplates and deteriorating rubber suit, that DX02 was a hot mess. HT could re-release but I think they have Nolan Batman covered for the 1/4 now for a while. I'd rather see the PS T1 than anything else they have for re-release personally for the next quarter scale offering.

I disagree, the fact this sold out and is still highly wanted means there's a market for it. The fact there's a TDK 1/4 Joker gives x100 more reason for there to be a market for them. The amount of people that will get 1/4 Joker and not have this Batman to go with it, let alone all the people that just flat out missed out on this Batman.

I think most people don't want a re-issue or a new version because they've spent a lot or like the fact that no one else can get it. I'd hope they do another, I'd like one. If anything I would imagine if they did it would be similar to them redoing Batman as the Batman Armoury version.

I disagree, the fact this sold out and is still highly wanted means there's a market for it. The fact there's a TDK 1/4 Joker gives x100 more reason for there to be a market for them. The amount of people that will get 1/4 Joker and not have this Batman to go with it, let alone all the people that just flat out missed out on this Batman.

I think most people don't want a re-issue or a new version because they've spent a lot or like the fact that no one else can get it. I'd hope they do another, I'd like one. If anything I would imagine if they did it would be similar to then redoing Batman as the Batman Armoury version.

1/4 Joker armory when.

21779cf9f3ee35f60c2cc836789b45ca.jpg

Don't quite understand what you mean.

I mean that they did the same body of the DKR Batman with a better head in the Batman Armoury version. They've done Bank Robber Joker and a 2.0, They've done two versions of the 1/6 Joker regular version,redoing Ben Affleck's Batman with Suicide Squad just with a new cape - reissuing and remaking a lot of the Iron Man armours...

What I'm saying is that yes, the 1/4 Batman came with items from the second, however, it's a DKR version. There's already a market for them making more, and with the release of the Joker there'll be even more so, and the fact that they can still say they've not done a DK version means they still have room to or to just flat out re-issue.

Back