Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They only have the normal version on the website, £343 right now. I ordered the exclusive from them though, asked them to send me a Paypal invoice for it. My invoice lists it as "hot toys 1/4 joker, SP with 2 head". HKD 4000, almost £400 + shipping in my currency.

I don't think they put everything on their site. If you look on their Facebook page they posted the four Toyfair exclusives on July 14th with the message "Pm us if u need any of the #hottoys toy fair exclusive 2017". None of those have appeared on their site thus far. I assume it's the same set up with the exclusive Joker.

im going to ask them about it also

Thanks for the info!
I suppose that you also have to take into account the customs charges? (21% in my case)

It's always a possibility but I've never payed a customs charge on the 1/6 figures I've got from them. They don't mark the full value like Sideshow do. Obviously these are bigger and may arouse more suspicion from customs.

It's always a possibility but I've never payed a customs charge on the 1/6 figures I've got from them. They don't mark the full value like Sideshow do. Obviously these are bigger and may arouse more suspicion from customs.

Yeah, thanks to you I think I'll try getting something from them to test the waters - my only apprehension is if a faulty figure arrives and trying to deal with getting it changes from them and how returns and sending would work.

In my opinion the Enterbay 1/4 set is still a better choice. Anyone else agree??

the likeness was better for sure and the 1:1 socks you got were cool too. The uneven legs and sticky paint some had were the only down falls. I still wear those socks, sold the figure though lol. If HT doesn't adjust the likeness and his clown boots, I will be passing on this. For me, likeness is everything. I'd rather have that 1:2 Prime repainted then pay for a whole new sculpt that prolly won't compare to Adam Gu's anyways.

I've never liked the Enterbay head. I guess everybody is seeing something I don't. It just looks weird to me and wrong.

The Hot Toys head isn't perfect but it captures Ledgers Joker so much better imo.

ERS: eyeball rolling system

PERS: parallel eyeball rolling system

I've never liked the Enterbay head. I guess everybody is seeing something I don't. It just looks weird to me and wrong.

The Hot Toys head isn't perfect but it captures Ledgers Joker so much better imo.

I completely agree with you... I do not see The Joker in the Enterbay version at all...

Eh, think both sculpts are weak... but for HT everything from outfit, body, accessories, and packaging are going to look and feel better than EB.

It will be interesting to see what tweaks they'll do to the sculpt,but for me HT really dropped the ball on this.Sure the overall scale of the figure and clothing look nice but no rooted hair,no PERS system,no laughing/grinning alternate head..WHY??? I was really exciting for this release but the final product just ain't good enough. This could have been the 'creme de la creme' of all Jokers..sadly it's just another Joker figure...

It will be interesting to see what tweaks they'll do to the sculpt,but for me HT really dropped the ball on this.Sure the overall scale of the figure and clothing look nice but no rooted hair,no PERS system,no laughing/grinning alternate head..WHY??? I was really exciting for this release but the final product just ain't good enough. This could have been the 'creme de la creme' of all Jokers..sadly it's just another Joker figure...

Why? Simple reason, so that you will also buy the Joker 2.0 quarter scale in the future [emoji16]

But thank goodness for sculpted hair...that was definitely one choice that they certainly got right on this figure...

Eh, think both sculpts are weak... but for HT everything from outfit, body, accessories, and packaging are going to look and feel better than EB.

I'm impressed with the enterbay version (but not so much with HT) and maybe the minority here. after debating whether to get HT version, I decided to pull the triger. although I'm actually hoping HT would do much better given this is a quarter scale, not to mention they already did ledger joker several times before:pray:

After seeing this in person at ACGHK and at Secret Base, Joker looks better than the internet pics. It does have a good presence. Currently at Secret Base this is displayed out in the open with no display glass covering it so I really got to look at it up close. The materials for the purple jacket look amazing. The purple really pops ! In fact, all the clothes look great and sharp.

With that said... the sculpt is still not good. Doesn't feel like Joker at all. For people that scream "I see Heath" well... the most courteous thing I can say is it would look like a Heath makeup test for Joker. So it's Heath walking around talking in his normal voice with makeup. The EB still has a better sculpt/expression and again its more noticeable in person. However, apart from the head, HT seems to have everything else in good order. Happy for collectors that get to own this.

Back