Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you love the figure as it is & want people to be hyped. We get it.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure you do...

You should be hyped for this otherwise you're a potato. Also it's great as-is and doesn't need any changes.

Hype train is departing now.

PS - sorry for being excited for a figure on a thread for its release, I'll rejoin the ranks of hating on it. Sorry, sir.

You should be hyped for this otherwise you're a potato. Also it's great as-is and doesn't need any changes.

PS - sorry for being excited for a figure on a thread for its release, I'll rejoin the ranks of hating on it. Sorry, sir.

maxresdefault-2.jpg

I agree, the sculpt doesn't need any changes. It's almost flawless.

PS - I accept you apology

View attachment 446478

I agree, the sculpt doesn't need any changes. It's almost flawless.

PS - I accept you apology

How can you post that picture of it and think it's flawless?? It clearly needs to be retouched in numerous places and that image just highlights that fact...

Edit: Especially regarding the hair, looks off in that picture.

Can't believe neither this or the other two DC figures displayed in a coming soon pic back in January still haven't released. Howard must love trolling us lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if a Marvel figure releases next that wasn't even in that picture.

It’s definitely a nice figure. It’s not Adam Gu 2.0 good sculpt wise but it’s solid & will be desirable for many collectors, evidenced by it being sold out everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. This sculpt is crap, almost on a par with the battled damaged batman vs superman affleck sculpt. Why is it so hard for hot toys to give us the "come on, hit me, hit me" sculpt? If they did that, I'd buy this 1/4 scale figure in a New York second. (oh yeah, they'd have to change the base too, because that looks ridiculous as well)

Can't believe neither this or the other two DC figures displayed in a coming soon pic back in January still haven't released. Howard must love trolling us lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if a Marvel figure releases next that wasn't even in that picture.

That does happen. Used to annoy the ever living **** out of me. I say 'used to' because there hasn't been anything from Hot Toys that I've been eagerly anticipating since BD Robocop. Sure, I bought the Diecast Iron Man Mark IV as my sole representation of that character but I wasn't exactly like this waiting for it

And a new Iron Man is released every 10 minutes so I don't know how anyone gets 'hyped' for those anyway.

Ditching this figure was a good move for me.

That Prime1 Bernejo Joke is coming out. That piece fits the Joker card quite bit better than this HT figure for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree. This sculpt is crap, almost on a par with the battled damaged batman vs superman affleck sculpt. Why is it so hard for hot toys to give us the "come on, hit me, hit me" sculpt? If they did that, I'd buy this 1/4 scale figure in a New York second. (oh yeah, they'd have to change the base too, because that looks ridiculous as well)

The sculpt now doesn’t even carry any sense of personality it’s blah!!! At least the dx11 had that slight smirk like he was chewing the inside his lip which gave it that ledger personality!!!

Let’s call a spade a spade here; HT have never succeeded in a decent Ledger likeness.

That’s true. But the Dx01 and Dx11 in some way carried the spirit of the joker which may not look exactly like heath but it helped with that issue. This 1/4 sculpt is so blah it doesn’t even carry the spirits of joker too me. I don’t know it’s hard for me to explain :/

The police joker actually looks pretty close to ledger

I still think the bank robber joker 2.0 is hot toys best effort at the joker headsculpt.
I don’t like the dx11 at all.
I can’t wait to get this tho, hopefully with the absence of any updates since the original Proto we saw 2 years ago it will have undergone some changes, im pretty sure it will.
Im glad I got in early and pre ordered the exclusive, can see secondary market prices on this being extortionate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prototype for the laughing DX11 head was perfect, but the final product was way too soft and glossy - especially around his eyelids.

The prototype for the laughing DX11 head was perfect, but the final product was way too soft and glossy - especially around his eyelids.

I REALLY would want a laughing head sculpt for this 1/4 Joker too; this figure direly needs multiple sculpts in my opinion.

I REALLY would want a laughing head sculpt for this 1/4 Joker too; this figure direly needs multiple sculpts in my opinion.

AlwAys thought the “repainted” sculpt was a cheap way out on hot Toys part. Fully agreed hot Toys should have mAde another headsculpt with come expression. Possibly the “hit-me” expression or something that shows a little bit of teeth. Oh well it is what it is and damn it’s taking a long time for this to release!!!!!

Back