Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancel it. Like I did.

Buy a Prime1 statue instead. [emoji23]

That hush Batman line is to die for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anybody else semi salty that they can announce a Liam Neeson approved Qui Gon Jinn like that, but they have the license for over 10 goddamn years and never made a Ra’s?:lol

Anybody else semi salty that they can announce a Liam Neeson approved Qui Gon Jinn like that, but they have the license for over 10 goddamn years and never made a Ra’s?:lol

All these years we thought it be a comic con exclusive lol

As usual when Hot Toys says 'soon'

WLsh4LU.jpg

You are right my friend!! Hot Toys used to be highly sought after ( from when I started collecting years ago) now with the revamps/ 2.0/3.0 adding more and more numbers to runs really starting to kill it for hot toys. A lot of figures aren’t selling out like they used to pretty much to a point where you don’t really have to pre order a product until a month from release now days. It’s a shame really

? Why would it be a shame that Hot Toys figures are not selling out? I can see where that may be a shame for people who work for Hot Toys...but for collectors who wish to buy and enjoy the products wouldn't that be a good thing? If someone's bag is buying up action figures and hoping that they sell out as an "investment" they should probably hire a financial planner who can steer them in a more practical direction than "investing" in...brand new retail action figures...

? Why would it be a shame that Hot Toys figures are not selling out? I can see where that may be a shame for people who work for Hot Toys...but for collectors who wish to buy and enjoy the products wouldn't that be a good thing? If someone's bag is buying up action figures and hoping that they sell out as an "investment" they should probably hire a financial planner who can steer them in a more practical direction than "investing" in...brand new retail action figures...

Umm because it makes them special. It’s nice to buy a collectible and it eventually sales out and it becomes rare and hard to find, it’s nice to know you have something special vs a figure that’s still around a year later that’s being discounted. If I was buying action figures to have action figures I be into the $20 ones. But No I’m buying “High-End collectibles” hence the word collectibles so please don’t shove that need a financial planner down my throat bullsh** because that’s the whole point of collecting to have stuff you think will or have value to possibly sale off when done enjoying it. Not saying it has to hold tremendous value, but if you can get your money back after a few years I think it worth it.

Umm because it makes them special. It’s nice to buy a collectible and it eventually sales out and it becomes rare and hard to find, it’s nice to know you have something special vs a figure that’s still around a year later that’s being discounted. If I was buying action figures to have action figures I be into the $20 ones. But No I’m buying “High-End collectibles” hence the word collectibles so please don’t shove that need a financial planner down my throat bullsh** because that’s the whole point of collecting to have stuff you think will or have value to possibly sale off when done enjoying it. Not saying it has to hold tremendous value, but if you can get your money back after a few years I think it worth it.

Well some friendly advice...if you are speculatively buying Hot Toys figures for their "value" versus personal enjoyment you are setting yourself up for the disappointment that you are apparently already experiencing. They are expensive because of the perceived quality as far as toys go...not because they are rare treasures. You can describe your "whole point" for collecting...as far as resale value and rarity...but don't presume that you can say that that is THE point of collecting because you are wrong. Case in point...I collect because I like looking at cool stuff from other cool things that I like on my shelves. End of story. I don't care who else has it or does not have it because I am collecting for my own enjoyment...not to keep up with anyone else or to scalp anyone else in the future. So I am quite happy with Hot Toys, and my favorite part is waiting until the last minute to decide what to buy because I know it won't sell out. My second favorite part is missing out on a figure and then getting it on the secondary market at retail or less. Maybe you should buy the $20 figures because in some cases due to their lower cost more people buy them up so there is probably a greater chance that your random NECA figure may become rare. No need to get so salty at my suggestion that you find a financial planner because your "investment" plan is obviously not working out based upon your own post...Sounds like this hobby may not be for you anymore.

Well some friendly advice...if you are speculatively buying Hot Toys figures for their "value" versus personal enjoyment you are setting yourself up for the disappointment that you are apparently already experiencing. They are expensive because of the perceived quality as far as toys go...not because they are rare treasures. You can describe your "whole point" for collecting...as far as resale value and rarity...but don't presume that you can say that that is THE point of collecting because you are wrong. Case in point...I collect because I like looking at cool stuff from other cool things that I like on my shelves. End of story. I don't care who else has it or does not have it because I am collecting for my own enjoyment...not to keep up with anyone else or to scalp anyone else in the future. So I am quite happy with Hot Toys, and my favorite part is waiting until the last minute to decide what to buy because I know it won't sell out. My second favorite part is missing out on a figure and then getting it on the secondary market at retail or less. Maybe you should buy the $20 figures because in some cases due to their lower cost more people buy them up so there is probably a greater chance that your random NECA figure may become rare. No need to get so salty at my suggestion that you find a financial planner because your "investment" plan is obviously not working out based upon your own post...Sounds like this hobby may not be for you anymore.

so wait you like getting after market figures for retail? Yet you don’t care what their values are? Wouldnt that mean you don’t care if you get it for retail? Because in the end it’s all about the cool figure on your shelf?? So if it’s cool enough you’ll pay more then retail for it? Oh wait no you want retail so you do care for the value in not getting screwed? But why? Oh so if you sale it possibly you won’t get burned? Oh I got it thanks for the talk bud you make a lot of sense and no I don’t collect for finance future but it’s nice to know hey I didn’t lose retail value which hot Toys been doing to collectors really for years now.

jal76: I buy figures at retail or wait until the market drops, and buy them for less on the secondary market.

hottoyskyle: oh, okay, then you just vindicated my whole reasoning of buying toys for the purpose of selling them at a higher price later.

so wait you like getting after market figures for retail? Yet you don’t care what their values are? Wouldnt that mean you don’t care if you get it for retail? Because in the end it’s all about the cool figure on your shelf?? So if it’s cool enough you’ll pay more then retail for it? Oh wait no you want retail so you do care for the value in not getting screwed? But why? Oh so if you sale it possibly you won’t get burned? Oh I got it thanks for the talk bud you make a lot of sense and no I don’t collect for finance future but it’s nice to know hey I didn’t lose retail value which hot Toys been doing to collectors really for years now.

Uhm...I am not a billionaire...so like most people who don't have a billion dollars to burn through (or actually...even if I did) regardless of how "cool" I think something is, like most people I would prefer to get the item for the lowest price available. Two identical items sitting on a store shelf next to one another...one is $20 more than the other...why would anyone pay more? I guess you would, because you would assume that even though they are identical items you could resell it for more because you paid more for it...? Like the rest of the world I would prefer to keep as much of my money in my wallet as possible.

I'm looking forward to this figure. Hoping it comes out in a couple weeks in Hong Kong, been a long time coming. Longest waiting time for a figure for me so far.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

To be fair, sometimes when I look at some of my rarer items that I own, I do get a little hard-on just at the thought of someone really wanting one also but not being able to anymore because it's sold out.

Might take some photos of them and make a rarehub website so at least those that don't own it can appreciate me having them.

There’s people that resell period if that’s what they want then let them be and don’t be so negative in what they do. Everyone needs money so any extra you can make then make it.

Yep...and resellers should not be negative about companies making enough figures for everyone to buy at retail because it hurts their ability to gouge other collectors who also want the figure by scalping.

And....what'd you know..HT releases the Mark 50 before the DC figures even though it wasn't part of the january 'Upcoming Releases lineup :rotfl

And....what'd you know..HT releases the Mark 50 before the DC figures even though it wasn't part of the january 'Upcoming Releases lineup :rotfl

Yup, called this weeks ago! Iron Man always comes first with them. Their contempt for all things DC is so obvious.

Back