Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On ankle extenders.

ea04670d-11aa-450e-99be-bb3f7d17b0ad_zpsc8fac252.png

It looks good without the jacket on but with the extenders and the jacket, it kind of makes the legs look too long. I think the culprits are the hands, they're a little too big IMO.

It looks good without the jacket on but with the extenders and the jacket, it kind of makes the legs look too long. I think the culprits are the hands, they're a little too big IMO.

I never noticed that about the hands but they are massive, either way he is definitely disproportionate that is for sure.

You can actually get 3 different size or foot pegs, short, medium and long. I took the short pegs off the fig and have put medium pegs on. Amazing how a few millimeters can make a real difference.

DSCF2385_zps7d2132f8.jpg

DSCF2386_zps067ddb27.jpg

DSCF2387_zpsad7c4e7e.jpg

Got my Crow this week. Am I the only one who is totally disappointed by the product we are given?

Heres my negative list:

- lose joints on the arms
- forearms are far too long
- left hand keeps falling off
- clothes are tailored like they were in 200
- boy has wrong proportion
- headsculpt (poor hair!)
- necklace

Positive:

- nice display addon
- the crow
- headsculpt (love the face and expression)

All in all it seems to be a good start for a great Eric Draven. I will definitly mod the hell out of this guy, BUT we shouldnt have to do this at this price. Therefore this figure is a total fail for me and already the worst figure of 2014.
Its getting even worse when you receive this rather "simple" together with War Machine MKII which is a highly complicated figure that has turned out a masterpiece. Pretty disappointing.

Got my Crow this week. Am I the only one who is totally disappointed by the product we are given?

Heres my negative list:

- necklace

Positive:

- nice display addon
- the crow

All in all it seems to be a good start for a great Eric Draven. I will definitly mod the hell out of this guy, BUT we shouldnt have to do this at this price. Therefore this figure is a total fail for me and already the worst figure of 2014.
Its getting even worse when you receive this rather "simple" together with War Machine MKII which is a highly complicated figure that has turned out a masterpiece. Pretty disappointing.

Yes I am a little underwhelmed by this figure, I would probably give it a 2 out of 5. Considering the high standards HT set.

I agree with all your bad points about the figure.

I think they could of given us maybe his shotgun, the figure is really light on accessories as it is.
I also think they should of made the neck and head separate, the shirt he wears shows up the connector too easily and throws the whole look off.
I think the body as a whole feels pretty poorly made, not a HT standard body.

The sculpt though is very good imo and its really the only thing that saves the figure from being a total flop.
Oh and I like the crow you get with the fig.

If HT figs keep going up in price then quality has to go up, at the moment its not imo.

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Thanks turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're definitely not the only one who so disappointed. Personally I think it's one of hot toys all time worst figures. Sure with a lot of heavy modding it's a grail piece and can look amazing but for a hot toys figure straight out of the box to be so bad... I'm actually embarrassed for them.

Heres my negative list:

- necklace

Positive:

- nice display addon
- the crow

:goodpost:

Yeah my first Crow figure had a real loose body but I sent him back and the new one's left hand sometimes falls out with not much pressure. And yes the long arms are also an eyesore.

PS - shells do you have a link for those medium foot pegs?

You're definitely not the only one who so disappointed. Personally I think it's one of hot toys all time worst figures. Sure with a lot of heavy modding it's a grail piece and can look amazing but for a hot toys figure straight out of the box to be so bad... I'm actually embarrassed for them.

I have meanwhile found a pose that compliments this figure. With raised arms the forearms are not that visible. The guitar helps to give the coat a natural fit. However this is not the way I want him to be. Will take some pics tomorow.
Nevertheless: did anyone already switch the body to a Bruce Lee one? What did you do about the forearms? Did you just "frankenstein" the BL body with the Crow forearms that are apparently attatched to the shirt? I am almost tending to just get a different shirt and use some iso-tape to recreate his forearms and belly taping. This might be far easier than transfering the whole forearms/shirt construction and retailor it to not sit that lose... Any ideas/opinions/experiences would be appreciated... :dunno

Pretty frustrating all in all. It really shouldnt be that way. I have about 15 figs on PO from HT this year. Add a few PFs and some other stuff from other companies like 3Zero and some ripoff companies. This was THE item I was looking forward to the most (together with 66 Dynamic Dou). The final product is just frustrating. Its even more frustrating to have it standing next to Sweeney Todd which is an "aged" figure that is flawless and perfect. Perfect! :slap

I have meanwhile found a pose that compliments this figure. With raised arms the forearms are not that visible. The guitar helps to give the coat a natural fit. However this is not the way I want him to be. Will take some pics tomorow.
Nevertheless: did anyone already switch the body to a Bruce Lee one? What did you do about the forearms? Did you just "frankenstein" the BL body with the Crow forearms that are apparently attatched to the shirt? I am almost tending to just get a different shirt and use some iso-tape to recreate his forearms and belly taping. This might be far easier than transfering the whole forearms/shirt construction and retailor it to not sit that lose... Any ideas/opinions/experiences would be appreciated... :dunno

Pretty frustrating all in all. It really shouldnt be that way. I have about 15 figs on PO from HT this year. Add a few PFs and some other stuff from other companies like 3Zero and some ripoff companies. This was THE item I was looking forward to the most (together with 66 Dynamic Dou). The final product is just frustrating. Its even more frustrating to have it standing next to Sweeney Todd which is an "aged" figure that is flawless and perfect. Perfect! :slap

Yes I have that Sweeney Todd fig & that is a great fig for sure, just his barber chair alone is worth the price tag.

here is a link to the medium pegs Sidious:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400335488085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

LOL i am glad to see i am not the only person who would give it a 2/5. Its pretty poor for the price.

Back