Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap. Just got an email from SSC. My number came up on the waitlist. Didn't see that coming.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Would like to also add myself to the list of people who just got converted from the waitlist. I ordered at around 12pm est June 1st.

Also just got converted from the wait list to an active order. I am so stoked. This will be my first Iron Man and my first Hot Toy.

After the replacement parts arrive, to make sure they aren't defective either. Otherwise they charge you for them, which I'm not sure how they do that with parts. Almost tempted to keep the damaged body just to see what they'd charge for the body :lol

But I'm thrilled I won't be stick with a defective figure. I'd hate to miss out on this by something like that totally out of my control when other people that ordered just like I did got ones just fine.

Cool, thanks for the answer. I have some QC problems mine as well and I'm new to dealing with SS. I've bought 4 Hot Toys figures, and two have had problem so far. :(

Not only that, I didn't get charged for my first FLEXpay payments today... and it's due. Weird. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Mine came, and it's got QC issues. >_> One side of a... back ankle cover was popped off, easy fix... but on the other leg, the pieces don't align. I *think* I can pop the pieces back in alignment, but I'm a bit nervous about manhandling it.

tonyleg.jpg

It's also DEFINITELY got one missing screw cover and one that doesn't seem to have been on when the fig was painted (it's red, but it's just red plastic and sticks out a fair amount)

tonybutt.jpg

This is my first Hot Toys, too. Sucks to have something wrong - even small things - out of the box. Exactly when does one decide it's worth complaining over? I mean, this isn't some action figure I got at Wal-Mart, but I assume the process is annoying and probably involves getting the whole fig replaced...

I have to admit, I'm pretty annoyed that something that would have been so EASY for them to fix was missed, and that now it's my problem it most likely will be very hard to fix. Getting it right the first time is the way to go, man.

My 1st I'm had a problem. In short no help just send it back for a refund. This is why you see me talking about eat crow. I fix the problem myself. _____ that I would never buy one again. Not more then 10 mine this went up forsale.

WTF, I totally missed the boat on these, when did sideshow get this up for order. I don't remember getting an e-mail, I was following this thread for a while and it did'nt look like they were getting these and I was not gunna pay evilbay prices:( Guess I will have to follow these things more carefully:monkey2 It was not a must have figure for me but still:gah:

Cool, thanks for the answer. I have some QC problems mine as well and I'm new to dealing with SS. I've bought 4 Hot Toys figures, and two have had problem so far. :(

Not only that, I didn't get charged for my first FLEXpay payments today... and it's due. Weird. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Flex pays usually aren't on time :lol Usually a day or so later. Occassionally on time though.

WTF, I totally missed the boat on these, when did sideshow get this up for order. I don't remember getting an e-mail, I was following this thread for a while and it did'nt look like they were getting these and I was not gunna pay evilbay prices:( Guess I will have to follow these things more carefully:monkey2 It was not a must have figure for me but still:gah:

They sent out emails to those that signed up and even had it in last week's newsletter. Don't know what more they could have done for you. You gotta pay attention too :lol

My 1st I'm had a problem. In short no help just send it back for a refund. This is why you see me talking about eat crow. I fix the problem myself. _____ that I would never buy one again. Not more then 10 mine this went up forsale.

I'm not swearing off HT yet, but I do think that if it was my company and problems like this were happening I'd take a really close look at my line. Because it seems like an easy thing to address, that has a really negative impact on how people perceive the company.

I contacted SS about it, they asked for pics (which I forgot to attach on first email). So we'll see. Hopefully all will be well, cause I can't wait to take photos of this dude.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Seriously, you've put my mind at ease like, three times now tonight, I appreciate it. Thanks for answering my questions. :hi5:

No problem. Sideshow likes to take people's money. Sometimes they just take their time :lol I always plan on having the funds there for Flex Pays, but never rely on it to happen the day its supposed to. They always seem to get backed up whenever there is a holiday and they are closed for a day, so they're probably still catching up from Memorial Day.

Yeah, I sent pictures with my initial email to SS and it went smoothly (so far). I hope it works out for me as well.

Duh, lol, I forgot it was a holiday recently. Yeah, I made sure to have enough money set aside from my FLEXpays before the weekend. I don't want any trouble with these beuts.

I quit Mattel over their b/s, and HT is nowhere near that bad, so I don't think I'll quit any time soon. I just started after all, lol.

Back