Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on the Mark VI the first go round because I honestly prefer the Mark IV, however I do like the Mark VI armor...but I was NOT willing to pay the whopping prices on ebay approaching and over $300 bucks, so when SideShow put this one up...I POUNCED!!

I know it doesn't come with all of the battle damage pieces and awesome base but it's all good. I'll more than likely keep my Mark IV displayed on my Iron man shelf and put the Mark VI in my HT Avengers display along with the new version of Cap, Thor, and HULK....and they'll be battling the awesome HT Loki...

Not picking up Fury, or BW or HE....the characters are cool and all but not HT money cool...LOL...at least to me anyway.

I've got visions of my Avengers display being Mark VI IM on the left in flight (hover), V2 Thor hammer in the air calling down lightning, Cap holding his shield up over his head if I can get him in that pose, War Machine just standing there lookin bad ass...yeah I know he wasn't in Avengers...but that's how I roll...then standing behind them all will be HULK...HUUUULLLLK!!!! Not that you guys all wanted to know this...but I felt like sharing...lol:yess:

I know it doesn't come with all of the battle damage pieces and awesome base but it's all good.
I noticed that it's also missing the head with the removable faceplate and several of his hands. You can essentially do any hand gesture you need with what they give you, but still. Doesn't look quite as good with the articulated fingers when you're trying to do some poses.

I noticed that it's also missing the head with the removable faceplate and several of his hands. You can essentially do any hand gesture you need with what they give you, but still. Doesn't look quite as good with the articulated fingers when you're trying to do some poses.

You get the articulated fingers and you get the fists, which is honestly all I need. I really like the look of the articulated fingers when I want an open splayed hand using the repulsor (I use them all the time now for my Mark IV), and the fists will be great for posing too...those are actually the only hands I have used on my Mark IV.

If the color isn't completely off with the reds, I may be able to use the hands from Mar IV on Mark VI Avengers edition if I wanted too...

I decided to pass on this and the suit-up gantry for the Mark VII. Gambling that it will have battle damage and the TS removable faceplate as the original Mark VI release had.

I look at it like this $211 ship and in my hands (about a hour from now I will meet the UPS guy at Jack in the box (I see him there everyday at 8:30 give or take and this day I will ask for my items (I have some Over night stuff coming anyway)).

I wanted this to be my 1st IM item but went with the Mark 2. Still later on if I fine a BD one I will jump on it.

Sad part is I had to eat some crow on this item. I found out about 10 minutes after I told SS I would never by another IM from them again (See Mark 2 post). This was on sale (I was on the phone with them at the time).

I decided to pass on this and the suit-up gantry for the Mark VII. Gambling that it will have battle damage and the TS removable faceplate as the original Mark VI release had.
I hope not! HT needs to stop taking the cheap way out re-releasing those half-assed head sculpts and come up with something new.

I know this is a odd questions and off topic in its own little way. But do you guys that own a IM or any flying toy fly him/them/it around as they would fly in the movie/tv show etc?

I made a sound box for my Mark2 that has the sounds from all the movies (IM 1/2) on it and yes I fly it around sometimes. When no one is home, or everyone is gone that works for me.

I know this is a odd questions and off topic in its own little way. But do you guys that own a IM or any flying toy fly him/them/it around as they would fly in the movie/tv show etc?

I made a sound box for my Mark2 that has the sounds from all the movies (IM 1/2) on it and yes I fly it around sometimes. When no one is home, or everyone is gone that works for me.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgq-K2oYLo[/ame]

The other
I passed on this one. So tempting, but at the same time I rather save up for the Suit-up Gantry or the Mark VII depending on what it comes with.
Any input guys and gals?

One will not sell out fast. The other is not out yet. This is in stock now.

The other

One will not sell out fast. The other is not out yet. This is in stock now.

Good point but since I do not own an iron man and only want one for my collection, I have a feeling Mark VII is going to look awesome and be the one for me. IMHO
Plus since the only PO I have is Bespin Luke I can save $$ for a while.

Ad is ridiculously expensive! That's why they have 20 Reeves superman still plunging the back storage, maybe on actual sideshow product but their HT is retarded

Really? because they are always cheaper then when I order direct from sideshow. maybe I'll take a look at Phoenix and see how it compares.

placed my 2 payment for this Iron Mark VI Avengers version / Mark VI july / Mark 1 august :yess: and for $189.99 Mark VI is good deal :wink1:

i'm expecting mine next tuesday , my first figure from the avengers movie and propably not my last :rolleyes:

Another Dimension here in town is about $20 bucks cheaper than SSC and are a sideshow retailer. They are in Kensington, so it's a bit of a drive for me but I can get jimmy's shwarwma after!

really?...I emailed them first in my quest of the avengers and they told me that their prices are about $20 higher than SS retail.
And then I remembered usually we have to pay taxes for buying stuff domestically...I've been buying all my figures online from Japan so I completely forgot we're suppose to pay taxes.

Ad is ridiculously expensive! That's why they have 20 Reeves superman still plunging the back storage, maybe on actual sideshow product but their HT is retarded
Wow...20 supermans in the back, must be because there's less demand for DC products even though it was a great scuplt.
They told me they usually sell out of Hot Toys figures right after the release. Sounded like they only ordered a little extra over what their customers PO.

Oh and my Mark VI is stuck in Fedex 'Clearance Delay'. Looks like I really won't be getting a delivery attempt until tomorrow, and I won't be in to sign for him then.
*Sigh* And I was getting so excited about less than 24hr delivery.

Back