Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was my birthday, and I stupidly acquired a second one of these. Found it for a price I couldn't resist and I'm kinda excited

Nothing stupid about that! This is my fav armor. I have multiples of it too. Lol congrats and happy birthday!

Do you have a picture? I'm imagining they'd be an impressive sight to behold. :)

I don't. I really need to take some. I'm missing a couple parts for two of them. I bought pieces that others had gotten rid of, either becuase they parted him out, or mods ect. So I should have said I have one full MIB and two 80% complete versions. But I really don't have any photos of my collections. I should get around and take some. Never been very good at photos of "stuff". Lol I have a really nice DSLR and lenses but I do mostly landscape and sports photos. I'll try to get some photos though. Might not be the best but I'll see what I can do.

I don't. I really need to take some. I'm missing a couple parts for two of them. I bought pieces that others had gotten rid of, either becuase they parted him out, or mods ect. So I should have said I have one full MIB and two 80% complete versions. But I really don't have any photos of my collections. I should get around and take some. Never been very good at photos of "stuff". Lol I have a really nice DSLR and lenses but I do mostly landscape and sports photos. I'll try to get some photos though. Might not be the best but I'll see what I can do.

My pictures tend to be on the naff side, I use my iPhone camera though..., I think your digital SLR will do your collection justice, I'm getting one myself & hope it'll improve my pictures. :) Always great to see people's collections, look forward to seeing yours. :D

My pictures tend to be on the naff side, I use my iPhone camera though..., I think your digital SLR will do your collection justice, I'm getting one myself & hope it'll improve my pictures. :) Always great to see people's collections, look forward to seeing yours. :D

:goodpost: :exactly: Been using an iPhone cam forever too, anyone with a SLR will make our pics look like a dung pile. :lol

I'm not very good at poses either. Lol I'll try to get a few pics tonight. Half my stuff is still in boxes though. As I don't display it all at once as I e got more stuff then display cases. I need like thirty more detlofs. Well maybe not that many. But close. Lol at least for it to look good and not cluttered.

It was my birthday, and I stupidly acquired a second one of these. Found it for a price I couldn't resist and I'm kinda excited

Nothing stupid about getting this or multiples of. This is the one that started my journey to the dark side, lol. One of my favs and one of the best armors.

P.s. Happy B-day!

I know this will have been answered already, but using the mobile version I can't search individual threads (and it ignores VI and 6) so I need to ask :)
I understand this and the IM2 version have different bases and heads etc but is the actual figure itself still the same body? If they are different are there any side by side picture comparisons?
Thanks!

Sorry to dust this thread off after so long, but I wanted some opinions. Just to put it out there, yes it's my money. Yes I'll ultimately make my own decisions. But I like opinions. And sometimes good ones can influence perspective.

Anyway, after all these years this is the one figure I keep looking for. My "grail" if you will. Problem is #1, I'm not sure if the money spent will be worth it for a 4-year-old figure with no one to answer for it if there are any quality issues. #2, if I do get this and a diecast Mark VI gets announced, I'd literally pull a James Vander Beek crying gif.

I guess I'm somewhat caught in limbo with this figure. I want it in my (small) collection. I'm extremely hopefully for a DC Mark VI especially with the DC WM Mark I around the corner. But the longer I wait, the older the Avengers Mark VI gets with no guarantee of a future VI releasing.

Any thoughts? Anybody else dying for a DC Mk6? Anybody absolutely love their Avengers Mk6 and couldn't care less if an updated version is released AND think it's worth $600+ on the secondary market?

For me personally, I couldn't spend that much money on an old figure. For various reasons.. I bought a couple of old Phase 1 figures for reasonable prices to 'complete a figure set', but the quality compared to the 2015 figures just isn't there. If I had paid that sort of coin for them I'd probably be having buyers regret by now. But I know what it is like to want an old figure and hope that a remake will one day come. For me it would be any of the Arnie figures I don't have. If they made a new Tech Noir Terminator, Dutch, or even a clean Uncle Bob, I'd jump on them. If they made any Loki more exciting than the TDW version, I'd jump on that too. When it does come to remakes, Terminators and Iron Man seem to be the popular choice, so maybe we both have a chance..

Back