Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got excited when I saw you have this for sale. Went to the post thinking you are selling it for a decent price for us forum members instead of the jacked up Ebay prices, etc.

Its been sold out for over a year, I hate to break it to you but "jacked up eBay prices" are retail price on this figure now. Hell I traded mine 5 months ago for an Iron Monger straight across. Thats how exclusives go.

In case anyone was interested in what a Mark VI would roughly look like as a Secret Project.....
1173694_10201855711942774_1515038450_n.jpg

Got excited when I saw you have this for sale. Went to the post thinking you are selling it for a decent price for us forum members instead of the jacked up Ebay prices, etc.

Even if he had a deal for forum members a 26 count poster is not worthy:cuckoo:

First off selling 101: You always start at a higher price as potential buyers will try to negotiate for a lower price,so expect that. Second I still started it at a lower than ebay price and payed all paypal and shipping fees. Third I sold it for a considerable less amount and even gave the buyer an extra amount off for dealing with a new seller on here mmkay?

And fourth
ibpIspKsT9XUYO.gif

First off selling 101: You always start at a higher price as potential buyers will try to negotiate for a lower price,so expect that. Second I still started it at a lower than ebay price and payed all paypal and shipping fees. Third I sold it for a considerable less amount and even gave the buyer an extra amount off for dealing with a new seller on here mmkay?

And fourth
ibpIspKsT9XUYO.gif

Don't let the noobs get to you.
If you could have gotten $1000 for it, then good luck to you.
I bought 5 of the MKVII.
My EX is on display in my detolf and i *might* open another one to sit in the HOA). If the time comes and i am short of cash, i KNOW those figures were a good investment and will sell in a matter of hours or days for at least what i paid for them, and possibly more.
So don't feel bad that the market shifted and you got a good price for your figure.
It's just business.

The difference is, that if he were to do a deal for "us members" of the site as you put it, it would likely be for long term members that he has had positive interaction with over the years rather than someone who has only joined recently and posted a handful of times.

True, but then again I only post when necessary. You can have someone who has been a member for a few years but only have maybe 100 posts. Doesn't mean that person hasn't been reading the boards.

True, but then again I only post when necessary. You can have someone who has been a member for a few years but only have maybe 100 posts. Doesn't mean that person hasn't been reading the boards.

A large post count is no guarantee of post quality.
But if you have only been here a month or two, don't expect an established member to do you some kind of magic deal.
I've only been reading this forum as long as i have been a member.
Post count doesn't equal reliability.
Generally it's like anywhere else. You get to know people based on what they say and how they act, and will deal with them on that basis. And a good feedback score is also a bonus.
I have no idea why some people on the forum expect cheap deals on figures that are severely limited and whose market value has risen after initial sales.
I have a few figures sealed in their shippers and would never even consider selling them for original retail if i needed to shift them fast for the cash.

the one i have on display is fine, the one i left in box is pink...i had this happen with the original release as well, same exact thing. the one on display was fine (eventually did turn just not totally pinkish) but the one in box turned with in a year and a half.

im well aware of the issue, so im not shocked...just a little disappointed it took such a short amount of time.

the one i have on display is fine, the one i left in box is pink...i had this happen with the original release as well, same exact thing. the one on display was fine (eventually did turn just not totally pinkish) but the one in box turned with in a year and a half.

im well aware of the issue, so im not shocked...just a little disappointed it took such a short amount of time.
I bought two MISB IM2 MKVIs from a seller in china a month back, and they are both slightly pink too.
They could do with me opening them and painting them.
But they are MISB...
So i'd rather leave them sealed and when i come to sell them, i'll deal with it then as the buyer would prefer.

Maybe I'll sell mine on before the panties go pink, only had it a couple of months but with the Mark VII coming tomorrow not sure i need both anyway.

Maybe I'll sell mine on before the panties go pink, only had it a couple of months but with the Mark VII coming tomorrow not sure i need both anyway.

Just keep it. They are two totally different armours.
It's the one he used to kick Thor's arse!
And save the helicarrier.
Well worth having in your collection.

I bought two MISB IM2 MKVIs from a seller in china a month back, and they are both slightly pink too.
They could do with me opening them and painting them.
But they are MISB...
So i'd rather leave them sealed and when i come to sell them, i'll deal with it then as the buyer would prefer.

Same here dude. MKIV and VI are MISB. Frustrating. I still haven't built up the courage to correct the one on display with the tamiya clear red.

Back