Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will likely be diecast versions of the first two movies' suits. What would be really interesting is quarter-scales, though. Hoping for 1/4 versions of Marks 2-7

Sorry to dust this thread off after so long, but I wanted some opinions. Just to put it out there, yes it's my money. Yes I'll ultimately make my own decisions. But I like opinions. And sometimes good ones can influence perspective.

Anyway, after all these years this is the one figure I keep looking for. My "grail" if you will. Problem is #1, I'm not sure if the money spent will be worth it for a 4-year-old figure with no one to answer for it if there are any quality issues. #2, if I do get this and a diecast Mark VI gets announced, I'd literally pull a James Vander Beek crying gif.

I guess I'm somewhat caught in limbo with this figure. I want it in my (small) collection. I'm extremely hopefully for a DC Mark VI especially with the DC WM Mark I around the corner. But the longer I wait, the older the Avengers Mark VI gets with no guarantee of a future VI releasing.

Any thoughts? Anybody else dying for a DC Mk6? Anybody absolutely love their Avengers Mk6 and couldn't care less if an updated version is released AND think it's worth $600+ on the secondary market?

I think the HPP suits has degraded the market slightly in regards to suits. Even the early ones. Few can be "all in" any more. Now when they have to splash out on 46 suits and counting.
Better to just get the ones you want and like the look of.

A diecast mark 6 is virtually guaranteed at this point. Depends how long your willing to wait. Obviously HT is preoccupied with Civil War right now.

People seem to cling on to the old suits being remade in die-cast and/or in quarter scale a lot... but I dunno, I wouldn't be selling my collection just yet to prepare for it. We've had one older Iron Man and War Machine revisited in die-cast. In the same time we've also had two stealth versions. And the only new quarter scale tease is a palette swap.

I am happy with my older armors I-VII. It was fun hunting them all down in the beginning stages of my collecting (and expensive). I have the mk 3 diecast because the older figure didnt look too good..Got a few nice deals below retail along the way. As far as diecast remakes go, I probably wouldn't bite unless the armors I have starts to degrade, like paint fade. So I'd be in for a mk iv only

I sold my WMMK1 and was going to sell my non faded MKVI but if a diecast does get made Ill move one MKVI with the Avengers. Im also sure most of the original 7 will get remade but how long will it take

Jesus I totally forgot I already had another one . I bought one last month for $350 and thought that was my second one Fudge, where the hell is it then .

Thanks for all the responses.

I want this figure, I just don't think I can actually pull the trigger on one. The price is just too high and there are too many variables that would end up with me not being completely happy for the price I pay. For $600+ I'd want everything perfect; art box, no paint fade, no battery leakage, no loose anything, WITH the brown shipper. Am I asking for too much? Probably :lol

Think I just have to let this one go and enjoy my Mk45 when it comes in while praying for a diecast Avengers Mk6 in the future. (btw, whoever made that fake dc mk6 "leaked" image a few months ago, I hate you :mad:)

I want this figure, I just don't think I can actually pull the trigger on one. The price is just too high and there are too many variables that would end up with me not being completely happy for the price I pay. For $600+ I'd want everything perfect; art box, no paint fade, no battery leakage, no loose anything, WITH the brown shipper. Am I asking for too much? Probably :lol

Think I just have to let this one go and enjoy my Mk45 when it comes in while praying for a diecast Avengers Mk6 in the future. (btw, whoever made that fake dc mk6 "leaked" image a few months ago, I hate you :mad:)

Just do what I did (although I had a MKVI already), buy the Stark head and collar and make your own.

If the avengers is to expensive then just get the normal one. It's cheaper and is more or less the same.

So there is that much price difference between IM2 and Avengers? I think I'd be going the cheaper option. I see Popcultcha have two versions of War Machine 2.0 (IM3 and Avengers I believe?.. I don't have a photographic memory of all the IM/WM releases) and they have one significantly cheaper than the other, and significantly cheaper than the pre-orders of the upcoming 1.0D/C and 3.0 figures), so I suppose it does happen.

Just do what I did (although I had a MKVI already), buy the Stark head and collar and make your own.

Great looking figure!

If the avengers is to expensive then just get the normal one. It's cheaper and is more or less the same.

Honestly, because I really like the Avengers art box. I'm just one of those guys who likes things that may not necessarily matter to others. Iron Man 2 was an okay movie, but Avengers is what brought the Mark VI up a level in my eyes. So there's that also. Maybe that doesn't make sense but that's just how I am.

So there is that much price difference between IM2 and Avengers? I think I'd be going the cheaper option. I see Popcultcha have two versions of War Machine 2.0 (IM3 and Avengers I believe?.. I don't have a photographic memory of all the IM/WM releases) and they have one significantly cheaper than the other, and significantly cheaper than the pre-orders of the upcoming 1.0D/C and 3.0 figures), so I suppose it does happen.

The Avengers version was a special edition made in small numbers.
The IM2 one was made in larger numbers and came with a bunch of BD parts to swap in. Damaged chest, a separate arm with damage, some leg panels, and a busted up faceplate.
It's a far better figure in terms of looks and options.
It still looks great. Get it if you can.

Great looking figure!

Honestly, because I really like the Avengers art box. I'm just one of those guys who likes things that may not necessarily matter to others. Iron Man 2 was an okay movie, but Avengers is what brought the Mark VI up a level in my eyes. So there's that also. Maybe that doesn't make sense but that's just how I am.

I get what your saying. If it's a choice between avengers version and im2 version I can totally see that. But that's not really it, is it? It's between not getting it Becuase you don't want to spend that much money..or getting it. If your not willing to spend the extra for the box them it's clearly not worth it. But there's a middle ground. Get an identical figure for less money with a different box.

I'm a mostly MIB collector so packaging means a great deal to me. But what film the figures box is licensed under isn't that big a deal. The figure in the avengers box is a repackaged iron man 2 figure..so either way your buying the same figure. More or less. (Some minor differences but it's essentially the same)...anyway..it's not an all or nothing thing. There are options.

Do you display your figure in the box or on the box? Just curious. Also, I think the iron man 2 box is a lot better looking anyway.

I get what your saying. If it's a choice between avengers version and im2 version I can totally see that. But that's not really it, is it? It's between not getting it Becuase you don't want to spend that much money..or getting it. If your not willing to spend the extra for the box them it's clearly not worth it. But there's a middle ground. Get an identical figure for less money with a different box.

I'm a mostly MIB collector so packaging means a great deal to me. But what film the figures box is licensed under isn't that big a deal. The figure in the avengers box is a repackaged iron man 2 figure..so either way your buying the same figure. More or less. (Some minor differences but it's essentially the same)...anyway..it's not an all or nothing thing. There are options.

Do you display your figure in the box or on the box? Just curious. Also, I think the iron man 2 box is a lot better looking anyway.

Just recently moved into a house so we're still getting settled in. I'll be purchasing a detolf but at the moment all I have is the AoU WM so I'm waiting for the Mk45 I have on preorder before I really worry about displaying. But yes, I do plan to display with the art boxes. Imo they're just as much of the art as the figures themselves.

Yes, the license the figure is under shouldn't matter. But as I said, that's just kind of how I am. I've considered the IM2 Mk6, because hey, it's a Mk6. But I'm an extremely picky consumer. If I'm not completely happy with something, I'd rather save all of that money instead of putting some of it into something I'll be somewhat happy with. Of course this doesn't hold true in all instances in life. But with regards to a toy, yes, I'd rather only put my money into something I'm completely happy with.

I do appreciate your perspective though.

I guess with the announcement of the DC Mk VI, people are clearing out their older versions. I just scored a very clean, mint looking Avengers Mk VI (MMS171) for $305 on ebay. Can't wait to see it in person.
Ryan

I guess with the announcement of the DC Mk VI, people are clearing out their older versions. I just scored a very clean, mint looking Avengers Mk VI (MMS171) for $305 on ebay. Can't wait to see it in person.
Ryan

$305, in my opinion, is too much. I've seen them as low as $240 on craigslist...

$305, in my opinion, is too much. I've seen them as low as $240 on craigslist...

I gotta go with this. At this point $305 is too much when the DC will be a little more but will be superior and no panty issues.

It's not bad. No fade, clean box, all accessories. I've already PO'd the new diecast, but I'm still trying to collect them all. (or as many as I can) Now I'll have the IM2 version and the Avengers version. Just filling in holes.
Ryan

Back