Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people were just tricked by Hot Toys photography, studio lighting and photoshop to be honest. It's hard to take a picture of a glossy, pure black figure without numerous light sources. The blue and other magnificent shades people are seeing are from those light sources,

View attachment 177156

When in reality, without those studio lighting it's just as the description states, black and black,

View attachment 177157

yeah It seems like we were tricked by photographer including myself. I am NOT feeling it. I would rather save my money for other IM mark. $339 is not worth it for me anymore. I just hope that you guys still like it and want it, so I can sell in ebay for good price. ;) I think Python black and gold looks more sexier than this all black one. Man I feel like I got tricked like going to the dating site, where real life person look nothing like in photo. lol

Cmon guys, stop complaining! IT IS EXCUSIVE AND HOTTOYS HAS TRICKED US ALL SINCE THE BEGINNING!!! I am still buyin! WOHOOOOO!!!!!

Promo shots are taken under professional lighting, with a profesional camera by a professional photographer :lol nobody tricked anyone!...the toy fare shots were taken with an iPhone under crappy lighting and by someone who more than likely is not a professional

How dense can you guys be man...YA want your hot toys to look like the promo shots?...invest in some lights and a pro camera and learn how to use them and you got yourself promo quality hot toys

I really wish the light ups on this had been red. There is something about movies in general when something goes 'stealth mode', the general lighting effect to illustrate the phase change is red. I've seen a few photoshop'd pics with red lights and it just makes it look even more bad a.

I think red is used more becuase red light does not destroy your night vision, not the way it looks. Since iron man is in a helmet with his vision essential filtered thru a camera that doesn't make a difference.

Before I picked up this hobby I used to really be into getting the latest phones, all the negativity on this figure reminds me everytime there was a new Iphone coming out and hearing all the complaints, " its the same thing" " nothing has changed" blah blah blah but yet they always have huge launches and not to mention most nay sayers still bought it, lol. I seriously think if ssc had shown pics of the way it looks at the exhibition we would all (or most of us) would still be full of ohhhs and ahhhs, its a good looking figure and even though its simple (actually not considering the different shades) its still a very unique Iron man considering the variations that are out there. Cant wait to get it. Just my .02's

Pay $339 now or double later...

I wouldn't suggest canceling it unless it really displeases you

This figure is exactly what I expected it to be like. I am not disappointed in anyway. It could be that I expected it to be black, as in all the colour descriptions of this figure it says Matt black, metallic black and translucent armour.

I don't understand why collectors think there should be hints of blue. The description is pretty clear and the prototype on display is exactly that. The paint app is excellent.

If collectors are moaning about the colour not being what they expect, they should read the product description as it clearly states it is black, nothing about blue. If a decision to purchase was made on the picture alone without reading the product description, then maybe in future additional research should be done before clicking the pre-order button.

i dont think your comment is right, budget stark. people usually read the photos and product description for information before
buying a figure. not just the product description alone! you cant deny that the photos give us the impression that there would
be some kind of blue color reflection on the figure, at least at certain angles.
but when i saw it in the aou show, i just see black color. not any blue reflection after all. and i think i am entitled to feel disappointed!

i dont think your comment is right, budget stark. people usually read the photos and product description for information before
buying a figure. not just the product description alone! you cant deny that the photos give us the impression that there would
be some kind of blue color reflection on the figure, at least at certain angles.
but when i saw it in the aou show, i just see black color. not any blue reflection after all. and i think i am entitled to feel disappointed!

Couldn't agree more! Beside we are talking about a $339 figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I and many other collectors didn't expect there would be any blue colour in this figure. I and the other collectors didn't see what you were seeing. I can 100% say I did NOT expect anything other than a black figure with 3 tones/ shades of black with no element of blue.

The photos may have given you and other collectors that the impression of blue, but it didn't give me or other collectors the impression of anything other than black only.

This is that blue/ gold dress thing again which is about perception and interpretation.

No one is right or wrong, some collectors expected this and that, other collectors expected something different.

I would never defend hot toys because i think are waaaaay overpriced, overproduced and lacking in variety lately (as I PO yet another IM :slap) but i still think this will look awesome but if someone wanted (or expected) a more blue color i can understand being disappointed. I like matte black on stealth aircraft, motorcycles and some custom cars so this figure is perfect for me it is not for everyone.

I planning on sticking this in a Shield display I have with Fury, Coulson, BW, Hawkeye and Stealth cap. So the dark colors should complement the rest of the team nicely. Love it or hate it you have to admit it is unique.

It is unique and expensive with no special features except the stickers LOL but yeah....I agree, it will be nice there.
But for whoever seen this guy in the Hongkong event, can you tell me please if the chest plate is transparent or just another solid black plastic?
I did not notice about the blue color but only hoping for transparent chest plate because it will feel kinda "different" due to the price.

Well, for peeps who feel disappointed and have not order, better order MK43 1/4 because the details are awesome and the price if we can compare to this stealth, is cheaper to the max!
I would never defend hot toys because i think are waaaaay overpriced, overproduced and lacking in variety lately (as I PO yet another IM :slap) but i still think this will look awesome but if someone wanted (or expected) a more blue color i can understand being disappointed. I like matte black on stealth aircraft, motorcycles and some custom cars so this figure is perfect for me it is not for everyone.

I planning on sticking this in a Shield display I have with Fury, Coulson, BW, Hawkeye and Stealth cap. So the dark colors should complement the rest of the team nicely. Love it or hate it you have to admit it is unique.

Fundamentally we have all seen it now and if you think this is worth $339 then good but if you don't then fine. Even in Budget Starks video he states it is very dark. People need to think about how that will show up in their displays. If people are trying to defend light reflection, poor phones etc then that is fine but the fact of the matter is with better cameras or using filters it is not going to change what this figure really looks like and what it will look like in most people's displays.

I am simply disappointed by the look of the figure and will not force myself to like it because I have been a hard core IM fan since I was a kid reading the comic 30 years ago. It makes me want my PO'd Mk 43 more and more eager to see the Mk45.

I did not see blue. Sorry. And, there are people that do not read the description. Or don't understand it.

And, as has been stated over and over in every thread, it does not matter how the prototype looks. It can change. Usually does. Of course they are going to make the product look it's very very best in the ad. It's like seeing a car commercial and being upset the car does not in fact fly or jump houses or tow the space shuttle. Or burgers not looking as good.

I get people may have assumed things. But that's not deceptive by hot toys. They straight up said, it's black on black.

If the production figures looks more glossy should we all slam hologram AI for deceptive photos? I don't think so.

I did see some blue but mainly due to the background being blue too. I expected black and am loving what i have seen in the exhibition. Those that complain about it not having blue tints are just upset because they did not read the description and assume the protos are what the figure is or will be.

Fundamentally we have all seen it now and if you think this is worth $339 then good but if you don't then fine. Even in Budget Starks video he states it is very dark. People need to think about how that will show up in their displays. If people are trying to defend light reflection, poor phones etc then that is fine but the fact of the matter is with better cameras or using filters it is not going to change what this figure really looks like and what it will look like in most people's displays.

I am simply disappointed by the look of the figure and will not force myself to like it because I have been a hard core IM fan since I was a kid reading the comic 30 years ago. It makes me want my PO'd Mk 43 more and more eager to see the Mk45.

If your display has no lighting your doing it wrong.

This discussion reminds of the drama created by the white and gold dress.... or black and blue dress for others....

It is unique and expensive with no special features except the stickers LOL but yeah....I agree, it will be nice there.
But for whoever seen this guy in the Hongkong event, can you tell me please if the chest plate is transparent or just another solid black plastic?
I did not notice about the blue color but only hoping for transparent chest plate because it will feel kinda "different" due to the price.

Well, for peeps who feel disappointed and have not order, better order MK43 1/4 because the details are awesome and the price if we can compare to this stealth, is cheaper to the max!

Chest armour and rear leg flaps are dark translucent. Similar to car window tints.

Back