Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure they did have Python
ToyHQ put Python up as an early preorder when it was first teased but round the time it went up on SS I seem to remember it vanished off their site and I don't remember them mentioning it again (same with Joker and Pred) so unlike Peacemaker I don't think they got any (which I have actually seen one on display in Liverpool FP listed as a Slideshow Ex).

I was just asking, please don't take this as me saying they should. I honestly have no idea, they're just the two big retailers that seem to carry Hot Toys in those countries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, I didn't know for a fact if they did, I checked pop and I didn't see it there. From what I understood this was to mainly be released on a limited scale at all of HT stops in asia coming up. Because SS is such a big wholesaler for HT they got some too. Everyone else was @ssed out as far as I heard.

It's interesting that some people think this is dark blue, when it's really black with reflective metallic finish.

The surrounding light/background in the images are toward the blue end for dramatic lighting. It's a black figure. This shot, of the batch, comes closer to showing what you get.

MMS-282-Iron-Man-Stealth-12.jpg

So does anyone think they'll expand the run amount if they're pounded with order numbers that exceed the run by a large amount?

IMO no, HT dosent usually ever do that, not to say its not possible but I highly doubt it.
Yeh and if they ever do its not something they are likely to ever reveal... If they did it would probably be only a small increase but I would doubt it, would detract from the 'limited' nature especially when they have a good few months production lead time.

Yeh and if they ever do its not something they are likely to ever reveal... If they did it would probably be only a small increase but I would doubt it, would detract from the 'limited' nature especially when they have a good few months production lead time.

Yeah these repaints are easy to sell for them if they make em limited and helps keep collectors like us spending that money lol. Which seems to be working very very well.

So does anyone think they'll expand the run amount if they're pounded with order numbers that exceed the run by a large amount?

I think yes, for example the mk21 midas in the past... well not exactly same but you get the idea when HT sees huge demand

wait, HT expanded the amount of the midas they made??? Can you send a link to this info please?

It's not something they disclose but it happened and I experienced it with the Mark VI Promo and Midas. So they for example say it's limited to 500 for a show, they will have 500 to be bought at the show. But they will also have a pre-order from for the same exclusive for those who miss out on the first 500. First batch of Midas was released at Singapore Toy Convention in September and the pre-orders were released in January-February the following year.

They had a set production number for the Midas and they pre determined how many to sell at the convention. So I don't think they made more.

I think yes, for example the mk21 midas in the past... well not exactly same but you get the idea when HT sees huge demand
:goodpost:

It's not something they disclose but it happened and I experienced it with the Mark VI Promo and Midas. So they for example say it's limited to 500 for a show, they will have 500 to be bought at the show. But they will also have a pre-order from for the same exclusive for those who miss out on the first 500. First batch of Midas was released at Singapore Toy Convention in September and the pre-orders were released in January-February the following year.

:exactly::goodpost:

This figure's logistics bear a strong resemblance to Midas, it has been promoted quite some time before it is actually due to ship and it does not have an announced limited edition quantity, just the description "This MOVIE PROMO EDITION collectible figure will only be available exclusively in select markets".
With the speed it went to wait list after announcement, I initially supposed this figure was going to be like Python, and therefore shipping very soon after the announcement, not least because AoU releases in April/May.. so as a 'movie promo' this figure's release date is lagging the movie, by a noticeable margin.. therefore with the lead time involved, imho there is room for HT to expand the production run, Midas was available in greater numbers than originally expected by collectors, but only through limited outlets at RRP.

Admittedly, there is still the possibility that this figure could be like the MK VII BD Movie Promo figure, but I have the feeling that it was a genuinely limited production run on the unique base, that was really responsible for that figure's rarity.. and Stealth does not have a diorama base.. just my 2 cents.

any conversions yet ? :pray:

Won't be any now until closer to the release date.

If it is like most others, including what I remember reading in the Python and similar threads, we may (may, not necessarily) see the odd one every now and then over the next few weeks / months as the over eager who don't mind loosing or can transfer an NRD decide its not for them or would rather have something else... whether then there is a bulk number of cancellations closer to the date really can't be assumed and taken for granted.

I am assuming I wont be getting one, I will save up on the side a pot of money which will cover the cost if I randomly do nearer the time but I am expecting to be spending it on something else like a late order of an AoU figure or something from Civil War / BvS.

They had a set production number for the Midas and they pre determined how many to sell at the convention. So I don't think they made more.

Not true. They did make more after the convention, Midas was an example.

They set a certain number of ready stock to be sold at the convention.
That number was pre-determined.

What's not pre-determined was the total number of Midas produced.

Here's my receipt for the Midas I bought at the convention. Check the time stamp.

IMG_20150330_205524.jpg

6:26 PM.

They set a certain number of Midas to be sold at the convention. They were sold out within 2 hours after the convention opened.
Afterwards, they distributed pre-order forms for those who were in the line and did not get one.
The Midas however was to be collected in about 6 months from the convention time (a pre-order).

So everybody who wanted one get one. Not everybody got it right away because they only have a limited number sold at the convention but that doesn't mean the Midas was only limited to that number.
I came in late due to work and still got one.

This Stealth Iron Man will be available for pre-order at the Asian tour. Each tour in every country will last for about 3 weeks. There will be plenty available I'm sure.

I was just asking, please don't take this as me saying they should. I honestly have no idea, they're just the two big retailers that seem to carry Hot Toys in those countries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been told that Popcultcha purchase their stock from Australian wholesaler Ikon, who in turn purchase their stock from Sideshow. Ikon do not purchase direct from HT. This is why it always takes longer for Popcultcha to receive their stock as it is always after Sideshow and they don't get theirs until 4 to 6 weeks after it is released in HK.

Popcultcha don't stock Sideshow exclusives, they won't get this figure to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been told that Popcultcha purchase their stock from Australian wholesaler Ikon, who in turn purchase their stock from Sideshow. Ikon do not purchase direct from HT. This is why it always takes longer for Popcultcha to receive their stock as it is always after Sideshow and they don't get theirs until 4 to 6 weeks after it is released in HK.
Popcultcha don't stock Sideshow exclusives, they won't get this figure to sell.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That seems ridiculous :lol

For me I was never interested in the gold Midas. I could have ordered it from Sideshow but it did nothing for me. Now this stealth version looks sweet and has a connotation to the old ironman comics that I used to read. So getting this was an easy choice. I know its just a repainted Mark 7 but it's a nice movie/comic repainted Mark 7.

Back