Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me I was never interested in the gold Midas. I could have ordered it from Sideshow but it did nothing for me. Now this stealth version looks sweet and has a connotation to the old ironman comics that I used to read. So getting this was an easy choice. I know its just a repainted Mark 7 but it's a nice movie/comic repainted Mark 7.

Not just a repaint.

It has translucent parts too.

This may be the first figure I keep sealed, I can see this one being worth something a few years down the road. Though knowing me it will be opened immediately upon arrival. :lol

High bar because of its size?

Size, engineering, design, etc. If you said 7 yrs ago we'd get a stealth ironman, we'd have said cool. If you said a 21" highly detailed hulbuster, ppl would have gone bananas.

Not saying this guy isnt cool, but they made a rough version of this before. In terms of what is req'd for HB, it's a much tougher figure to create.

This may be the first figure I keep sealed, I can see this one being worth something a few years down the road. Though knowing me it will be opened immediately upon arrival. :lol

Just gonna take a peek make sure everything is ok with it... :monkey3

Congrats! Were you on the wait list? Or just excited that you are confirmed to get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I wasn't on wait list. Ordered before it went on WL. Just excited to get this. :D

No I wasn't on wait list. Ordered before it went on WL. Just excited to get this. :D

I know that feeling. I was so excited seeing it for PO.
I used to be a Transformers collector and dealing with the exclusives from the TFCC was so painful. Most everything sold out in under an hour.
So when I saw this available, I was shaking with excitement and had to input my password a few times.

First exclusive for me, I hope it turns out to be a highly sought out item, i don't plan on selling it but just knowing you have something everyone wants is pretty cool.

Forget about exclusivity, demand, or future profit. Just display it when it arrives and appreciate that amazing design. :D

Woulda been more appealing and justifying had it been die-cast. With those translucent bits, it'd have felt much more premium.

Still, keeping my hopes high for a conversion.

If it was diecast it would probably cost around $400 if not more and would result in even more whining... But at least it would have been a good indication that we may see a regular diecast mark vii. Still keeping my hopes up for remakes of 4-7 in diecast.

You will have your answer on the remakes if the Mark II pops up soon after we get the DC Mark III. That would be 3 releases of the exact same armor mark in what like 5 years? The three at least sprinkled in a Battle damage version and not a straight re-release like Mark I and Mark II.

Diecast isn't that great because you're limited with your display. It's too heavy to do anything but standing poses.

Same here. I preordered it when it was just put up for preorder. I was a bit worry over the weekend if the deposit didn't go through. Called Sideshow today and confirmed they charged the deposit on Monday morning. Now, just waiting for the great looking figure...

Forget about exclusivity, demand, or future profit. Just display it when it arrives and appreciate that amazing design. :D
I would agree with that, especially as if the popularity of this holds and so potential resale value in the future as it has with some of the other special editions you will still make a "killing" out of the box long as you don't smash it up. Ok so probably would make more "mint in sealed box" but then your the sorry chap who has stored a box which may as well be empty for however many years.

I say open it otherwise you may as well not keep it and let someone who would love to have it on display take it (as Mr Spock would say, it's fufilling it's purpose that way, it's logical)
Diecast isn't that great because you're limited with your display. It's too heavy to do anything but standing poses.

Yeh I would love an improved Mark VI, especially if acurate to Avengers, but even though I am looking forward to the 3 and 43 die cast part of me would rather a true 2.0 MKVI... not that it will stop me getting it if it is ever released love that model.

Back