Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I'm a little suspicious here. If there was no shipper exactly how did they get it to you? Throw a sticker with your address on the actual box? I am sure people are gonna call me a jerk but this seems unlikely to me. Even if the old shipper had another persons address all they would have to do is remove the lable or put another over it and black out the old. Something like that. I know they still have mib never opened figures as I have two on flex that won't get paid off and shipped till the 25th of this month.

Really? I'm a little suspicious here. If there was no shipper exactly how did they get it to you? Throw a sticker with your address on the actual box? I am sure people are gonna call me a jerk but this seems unlikely to me. Even if the old shipper had another persons address all they would have to do is remove the lable or put another over it and black out the old. Something like that. I know they still have mib never opened figures as I have two on flex that won't get paid off and shipped till the 25th of this month.

To be honest I don't care what you think. It obviously came in a box but not the normal HT shipper. Why the hell would I make it up. Any normal person can see the foam should be on the figure and not loose in the box and the protective plastic is missing and there is some torn bits in the box also. I have over 100 HT's figures including this one so I know exactly how they are supposed to be packed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it possible it's the result of a customs search?

I don't think so as normally they seal the box with customs tape so you know it's been opened. There would be no reason for them to remove all the plastic and foam from the figure. It is hard to convey in pictures but I know from experience it's not the way it should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was a waitlist conversion right? I think you have certainly received a return if that is the case. They certainly may have MIB ones set aside for its flexpayers, but they wouldn't be switching returns with those surely.

honestly, i suspected chris case is similar to mine. its not new for sure. i ordered 2 MK42s late, interestingly, SS claimed they are waiting for a new shipment so my orders took a while to come. i paid in full when item arrived at their warehouse (albeit the long beach strike). when i received both sets, instinctively they are not new.

both sets were opened and resealed. one set came without the inner plastic bag. other set had surface scratches on chest piece and other had its left shoulder popped out. i consulted SS and was only told they never shipped returns, but that doesn't mean they never open to check or otherwise. btw, if SS inspects your item, its supposed to have a note or something that its inspected. anyway, i waited too long to order and so had only myself to blame for such things to happen.

I admit I bought it to flip, then got it, loved it, changed my mind. Then many months later I decided to get rid of all my Iron Men except Mark VII. But yeah no one is buying it unless under msrp but that's the case with every Iron Man release since Python.

I wasn't sure I'd keep this one in the long run, but now I am planning on parting with the standard VII- anticipating an almost certain DC re-release and a 1/4 version. In that sense I'll hold onto this one to fill the VII shaped hole in my collection.

I admit I bought it to flip, then got it, loved it, changed my mind. Then many months later I decided to get rid of all my Iron Men except Mark VII. But yeah no one is buying it unless under msrp but that's the case with every Iron Man release since Python.

There are 60 for sale on eBay so if you want to get any attention you have to price it low. I have no plans to sell mine anytime soon.

Glad this isn't going for more! Helps me justify keeping mine! No issues other than the stand. BTW not sure if this was part of the discussion about the stand, but when I put it up against my falcon stand it's shorter! So it's not just an issue with the rubber. The screw itself was either cut off or molded into the pole too deep. Anyway when I switched poles with falcon, this one actually fit into the falcon base easily so if someone has both just switch the poles!

Still lovin mine.. 2015-11-24 18.45.01.jpg

The Mark VII armor has always been my favorite after the VI (general look, use in movies, etc) so i have all the versions and will be keeping them till i die and my wife tosses them in the trash :lol

Back