Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick post regarding switches "falling into the figure". This hasn't happened yet to any of my figures, I did replace an LED in the chest of a Mk. IV. No instructions just small tools, patience and steady hands. These figures were assembled to be taken apart.

Just a quick post regarding switches "falling into the figure". This hasn't happened yet to any of my figures, I did replace an LED in the chest of a Mk. IV. No instructions just small tools, patience and steady hands. These figures were assembled to be taken apart.

There are figures that most definitely aren't made to be taken apart. The DC War Machine/Patriot has a widespread torso switch issue, it cannot be reached without prying off glued parts and doing damage to the figure.

QmwwTMz.jpg

bg9r01C.jpg

qBzdO4y.jpg

FSHa64l.jpg

I guarantee it is. If you look at the labeling below the title it says it is from loontentoys...but the seller name is someone completely different with only a 33 feedback score. This is obviously a scam and you should report it. I have bought many figures from loontentoys and he is actually legit. There are lots of eBay scammers located out in China and once they take your money they disappear. They build up a seller rating by selling cheap trinkets for a couple dollars each and then all of a sudden have a bunch of high price collectibles to sell. They get your money, don't send you anything or even send a box with maybe a cheap hat or something in it so that it shows they shipped something. By the time you complain and ask for your money back they close the account and open up a new one. Ebay will give you your money back but in the end the thiefs keep it as well. Pretty messed up.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

If anybody wants this guy without the scam, I have one for sale/trade in the market place. Sealed, picked it up in a trade this weekend and don't need a second one.

As far as the issue with the face plate, I know of one solution. The magnet is weak. If you have an extra head from the Mk VII or from the workshop accessories,
you could swap the magnet out. I put the face plate from Stealth on the WA head and it locked into place. It's just a weak magnet.
Ryan

I have one (and a regular VII) available in my BST. Stealthy (while looking nice) just won't fit in the collection.

I've got a ironman mk43 stealth cosbaby coming in soon from mandarake. Planning to place this between mk7 stealth and mk43.

I just got a conversion on this from SS. I am a bit worried that its going to be someone's return as this has been waitlisted for so long I forgot all about it and have already bought it somewhere else as I didn't think there was a chance of it converting. Let's hope I don't have the faceplate issue that I had with the one I have already. I guess I will find out on Thursday when it gets here.

What does everyone think about the chances we see a 1/6 stealth mark 43 somewhere down the road ?

No I really don't think we will actually. It is possible however. HT like to milk the sculpts with repaint variants. I personally hate them because they never appeared in the movies. So I don't buy them.

No I really don't think we will actually. It is possible however. HT like to milk the sculpts with repaint variants. I personally hate them because they never appeared in the movies. So I don't buy them.
I always thought you picked up this Stealth figure?

Not into them myself either. I would be opening up a whole new can of worms if I started on the Stealth Suit road lol. Who knows how many of them they could make. I wouldn't be surprised with a 45 Stealth to be honest.

I just got a conversion on this from SS. I am a bit worried that its going to be someone's return as this has been waitlisted for so long I forgot all about it and have already bought it somewhere else as I didn't think there was a chance of it converting. Let's hope I don't have the faceplate issue that I had with the one I have already. I guess I will find out on Thursday when it gets here.

It could be. But they would check to make sure it's good to go. It's not like these are not touched before they go into the box at hot toys.

But it's more likely it's a flex pay customer who either cancelled or didn't have the money. If you set it up on flex and did not bump it up most would have payments due this month.

Congrats on your conversion! I purchased the figure during release but only opened it last month (yes kicking myself for waiting that long) and then I found out I had the face plate issue. I contacted SS but they said they no longer carried replacement parts.

If you happen to have the face plate issue, let me know. I did find a solution to fix mine.

It could be. But they would check to make sure it's good to go. It's not like these are not touched before they go into the box at hot toys.

But it's more likely it's a flex pay customer who either cancelled or didn't have the money. If you set it up on flex and did not bump it up most would have payments due this month.

Let's hope that is the case. It could also be that they got another small shipment of them from somewhere.

Congrats on your conversion! I purchased the figure during release but only opened it last month (yes kicking myself for waiting that long) and then I found out I had the face plate issue. I contacted SS but they said they no longer carried replacement parts.

If you happen to have the face plate issue, let me know. I did find a solution to fix mine.

Thanks. It seems the FP problem is quite common. I had it on my first one but it was an easy fix, just a bit of glue on the magnet and it was good to go. I am more worried about the broken switch issue as that will be impossible to fix and no chance of any replacements. Guess I will find out tomorrow anyway.

View attachment 224335

View attachment 224336

View attachment 224337

View attachment 224338

So this is how I received my figure, no plastic on any limbs and all the protective foam was removed from the figure and was loose in the box. There was no shipper as it probably had the previous owners address label on it. I am pretty disgusted really as it's clearly someone's return. I was going to sell it as I already have one but I can't sell it as new as it obviously isn't. If I return it does anyone know how that would work with customs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back