Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4c1e62dc821b06c78d29e33abd93275e.jpg

Picked up this bad boy today. Gotta head to work now. No time to play around with it.
Congrats on a damage free box lol

Finally home from work! Tried to install figure stand but the pole doesn't seem to be tightening at all.

Seems like a challenge to get my money back out of this guy after eBay fees. The price really dropped on it lately. You guys think it will go back up this winter? Cool figure but just doesn't wow me.

I was thinking about selling mine too because now I'm only collecting hpp armors. Such a cool figure tho. Might keep it just do pair with the stealth mk 3. Decisions decisions

Does anyone have a solution on that stupid figure stand? I dunno what else to do with it other than keeping it in the box and saving that pole part as an extra in the near future.

It was discussed here I believe. I think the main issue is hole size is to small. So if you cut it larger it should work. There was a detailed walk through a while back. If you dig the thread you can find it

It was discussed here I believe. I think the main issue is hole size is to small. So if you cut it larger it should work. There was a detailed walk through a while back. If you dig the thread you can find it
I think in the long run, its better to just get a custom stand. Right now, I'm just displaying it on a crouch holder.

Entirely up to you. But it's not unstable or anything. There's just a bit to much material on some of the stands if I recall. I have not opened one of mine yet. The other is fine. But from what I read it's not a big deal to fix. But a custom stand is always nice.

Entirely up to you. But it's not unstable or anything. There's just a bit to much material on some of the stands if I recall. I have not opened one of mine yet. The other is fine. But from what I read it's not a big deal to fix. But a custom stand is always nice.
Kinda eyeing on Stoney's Stands right now. They look impressive.

I agree, those are nice. I've got some custom ones (different company I think) to hold some of my props and models, not any for my figures though. If you do pick one up I'd be interested in what you think of them and how they look with the figures.

I agree, those are nice. I've got some custom ones (different company I think) to hold some of my props and models, not any for my figures though. If you do pick one up I'd be interested in what you think of them and how they look with the figures.
Sure...will probably make a separate thread on it. Unless there already is one around...

Seems like a challenge to get my money back out of this guy after eBay fees. The price really dropped on it lately. You guys think it will go back up this winter? Cool figure but just doesn't wow me.

I doubt it. eBay continually has listings of this figure week after week. I think a good amount of purchases were strictly for the intention to flip so the market is going to be saturated for quite some time. I haven't even opened mine and was originally waiting for the right time to sell. I think we both passed that window of opportunity. I would expect there to be slightly more listed during winter. There's no telling when the supply of this figure dries up on eBay.

I doubt it. eBay continually has listings of this figure week after week. I think a good amount of purchases were strictly for the intention to flip so the market is going to be saturated for quite some time. I haven't even opened mine and was originally waiting for the right time to sell. I think we both passed that window of opportunity. I would expect there to be slightly more listed during winter. There's no telling when the supply of this figure dries up on eBay.

A lot of HT figures are suffering from this. The general resale prices on many figures are way down and the hold outs for more money are not selling. In my case the newer HT are soo much better I'll just wait for a better version and I cant buy past plastic IM anymore after owning the 42/43, IP and WM plus many of the old HS are looking dated and who wants to pay $300+ for a figure with a dated HS. I think the HT bubble burst. Now when I buy I make sure it's something I want and won't resell for a while because I probably won't make my money back and because of this my collection is small.

I just opened mine and have the faceplate issue. Was there a fix for this outside of getting it replaced by Sideshow? What about those who just recently opened a sealed one currently/now? Are we basically SOL?

Back