Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that alot of freaks are experiencing problems with this fig. Hope you guys get that straightened out. I just opened mine and everything seems to be good with the faceplate. It's held by one magnet on faceplate and one on the helmet. I didnt check the stand yet, but I'm sure it'll be an easy fix if there's a problem with it. Like others saying, it's a beauty to look at and pictures don't do this justice. I've tried to take a pic using my note 4 camera but no luck.. Definitely need a good dslr to capture this figure and all its glory

f439127c437b06c071f3cd2c0638dd81.jpg

:clap :clap

I'm home and opened up my first one , it's fine . Second one has issues, mainly the base everyone is talking about . I got to be pretty honest, this figure is so over priced. The paint job is nothing special and I feel it devalues the figure . The regular vii was such s great figure compared to this .

I'm home and opened up my first one , it's fine . Second one has issues, mainly the base everyone is talking about . I got to be pretty honest, this figure is so over priced. The paint job is nothing special and I feel it devalues the figure . The regular vii was such s great figure compared to this .

I agree. The hype for this wore off pretty fast. I like it, the mark vii is my favorite armor design (besides mk I) but not sure if I'm going to keep it tho. This is going for a pretty penny right now. Hmmm

I prefer my regular Mark Vii as well. And yeah the price is ridiculous. Slightly ashamed I bought it tbh :lol

Horse poopie!!! For one all these figs are overpriced! 2 How is the paint nothing special and how do you figure it devalues the fig? Its a Stealth Version its supposed to be black..if it came out pink then... yeah then its devalued, because it wasnt supposed to be pink.

Cant wait to see the ebay post. Awesome fig, very unique, hard to find, dont miss out, cleaning out some stuff need the room $510!! lol.:cuckoo:

Just opened mine and I'm also having the issue with the base. Did they include the wrong pole or something?

Its just a sizing issue on the rubber coating, easy fix. Just run an xacto knife along the base of the stem and the first thread where it meets, circle around peel about a mm worth then with your fingernails push the plastic coating down from the thread towards the base of the stem.

Its just a sizing issue on the rubber coating, easy fix. Just run an xacto knife along the base of the stem and the first thread where it meets, circle around peel about a mm worth then with your fingernails push the plastic coating down from the thread towards the base of the stem.

:lol Thanks... I just figured that out myself by comparing it with another similar base pole and noticed there was too much rubber.

I scoff in the general direction of the haters... This guy is as magnificent as I imagined. Having never owned a mark vii before this, my opinion may be skewed, but I still really like it. I can't want to finish my custom rotating display case for him.

Brainiac - Don't cancel. Despite it's minor initial issues, the figure looks fantastic in hand. I realize it's just another Mk VII, but so was Midas. And that figure looks great too, just in a different way. The paint app on Stealth is really detailed with the mattes and the glosses. Pictures don't do it justice. Once you see it in hand, you can really see the shades. The issues can be resolved, and if you liked VII, you'll like this. And if you decide you don't like it, you can still resell for a small profit. People want this figure. Good luck whichever way you decide. It's not up to me to tell you what to like, only to give it a chance. I, for one, don't berate others for their choices on which toys they do or don't like.
Ryan

I scoff in the general direction of the haters... This guy is as magnificent as I imagined. Having never owned a mark vii before this, my opinion may be skewed, but I still really like it. I can't want to finish my custom rotating display case for him.
LOL! Monty Python. Nice...:hi5:
I agree. This figure is awesome! I own the first MKVII, and it's one of my favorites, but a matte black MKVII is just so unique. When I opened the package all I could think of was how metal this figure looks!https://i.imgur.com/Qsp36qK.gifQsp36qK.jpg

This is a good looking figure in person..but I also have the faceplate and stand issues. I can glue the magnet on myself that's not an issue to me, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the stand though. Definitely disappointing with how much this costs...
I hate how gigantic the stand is anyway, might just buy the mk7 avengers generic stand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a good looking figure in person..but I also have the faceplate and stand issues. I can glue the magnet on myself that's not an issue to me, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the stand though. Definitely disappointing with how much this costs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I called Sideshow about the stand. They were apologetic and are sending me a replacement. This is the email I received:
4f8e0a9cda0850f288112ed29d4b6fda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back