Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I got an email back from SSC about the stand and the face plate. Basically they told me to glue the magnet back in myself and they would send me a $20 coupon and they sent me the instructions on how to trim and screw in the stand. SSC customer service has really started going down hill the last couple of years.
I still love the hell out of thus figure though.

Yeah I got an email back from SSC about the stand and the face plate. Basically they told me to glue the magnet back in myself and they would send me a $20 coupon and they sent me the instructions on how to trim and screw in the stand. SSC customer service has really started going down hill the last couple of years.

yeah, damn them for saving you shipping costs, and themselves time and paper work for what amounts to a pretty simple fix in this hobby...

I'm waiting for a reply after sending pics. My base has the threads exposed like the after photo, yet still doesn't reach the internal threads. And my mask has the magnet and the metal piece attached, but is kind of loose. It only makes contact on the thinnest edge. My Mk VII and the MK VII heads from the workshop accessories all click into place and require deliberate effort to remove the mask. The stealth can be bumped off. We'll see what happens. No matter what though, I'm keeping this figure.
Ryan

yeah, damn them for saving you shipping costs, and themselves time and paper work for what amounts to a pretty simple fix in this hobby...

Wow. Kind of a jerk response.
Kind of uncalled for if you ask me.
I'm just saying they have always been very good about replacing defective parts but lately have turned more to making you jump through hoops or just not really doing anything. These aren't $20/$30 toys. We pay a lot of money for something that isn't just a random problem. They should step up a little more. Especially when it's a problem they claimed yo know about.

Wow. Kind of a jerk response.
Kind of uncalled for if you ask me.
I'm just saying they have always been very good about replacing defective parts but lately have turned more to making you jump through hoops or just not really doing anything. These aren't $20/$30 toys. We pay a lot of money for something that isn't just a random problem. They should step up a little more. Especially when it's a problem they claimed yo know about.

This is always the go to response

nothing in the world is going to arrive perfect, Look at Homes, always defects found on inspection, you pay a hell of a lot more for that...

Weak glue is common out of China, and the ends of those stands are likely dipped in that rubber and HT simply forgot to trim it... very minor issues, plus youre getting a $20 credit? petty

This isn't a SSC product, so there is going to be a limit in what spare parts they have to replace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would want sideshow to come my house and glue the magnet back in the helmet in my presence for the cost of this figure. [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When a customer drops $400 on one of their products and it arrives defective in not one but two places, saving the CS dept time and paper work ranks pretty much dead last on the list of things the customer cares about.

I've had plenty of figures come less then perfect, this includes boxes, figure scuffs/scratches and even loose joints. Now, If somethings arrives missing or broken then it's time to call SS. On the other hand if it's something that needs a little glue or some fiddling then I'll let it slide. Out of the 40 or so figures I've received from SS I've only had to contact them on two occasion. Do what you gotta do to make things right but I'm sure Sideshow keeps track of remorseful or high maintenance customers. And please be clear, this is JUST an open statement but i for one try and limit calling customer service if i can help it.

When a customer drops $400 on one of their products and it arrives defective in not one but two places, saving the CS dept time and paper work ranks pretty much dead last on the list of things the customer cares about.

Id sympathize with any kind of Actual issue, but trimming some rubber is like the easiest fix for everyone,, and gluing magnets? hell I think at this point everyone has had at least one facemask that needed a couple drops. now if a piece was broken or mis assembled where some actual skill at repairing is involved then yeah, totally on board

Id sympathize with any kind of Actual issue, but trimming some rubber is like the easiest fix for everyone,, and gluing magnets? hell I think at this point everyone has had at least one facemask that needed a couple drops. now if a piece was broken or mis assembled where some actual skill at repairing is involved then yeah, totally on board

I don't disagree the fix in this case appears pretty easy, but lord knows how many of the banana hands dudes are going to fudge up trimming that stand. Probably more likely to cut themselves with the razor blades. :lol

:lol Nice pic mang!

I have to go with SSC on this it's an easy two minute fix and you got $20 for it.

:exactly: I have 15 IM figures and i have had to glue on a magnet or something on probably half of them. My magnet has not fell off of my stealth yet but i figure it will eventually.

I trimmed the rubber and still can't get it to go far enough in to thread into the stand..anyone else?

My on/off switch just dropped into the hole on the back. Anyone have similar issue? :horror

bad_switch1.jpg

They don't always have replacement parts, and for a limited release like this they probably don't. When that happens all they can offer is a refund or credit.

SSC absolutely does keep track of "problem" customers. Most all companies do.

My on/off switch just dropped into the hole on the back. Anyone have similar issue? :horror

View attachment 199004

I had that happen on my Iron Patriot. Real pain in the butt. If it is so loose it fell and you can't get to it, that's definitely worthy of a replacement. THey replaced my IP body for the same thing.

Back