Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics! I just got mine as well!

PS - Love all your giants stuff in the background! You have anymore pics of them? HUGE Gmen fan here. :)

Umm maybe ! Lol image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 339
I just called Sideshow and left a message about the face mask and the pole. No one answered, but I'm sure they'll get it. To be safe/thorough,
I also emailed regarding the same thing. Love the figure, just want it to be right.
My next project with it will be to get the red cellophane for the eyes, chest and palms, and to paint the thigh armor I bought.
I bought the open rocket pods from the regular Mk VII and used a small punch and was able to break the glue and separate the open thigh armor
into it's 4 pieces. Now I just need to closely match the 2 black paints as well as the silver for the rockets, and I'll have open rocket pods on the
legs to match the open rockets on the shoulders. (I hope)
Ryan

Thanks buddy!!! Great pics and what an AWESOME display. Digging all those framed magazine covers and LT football. Just magnificent stuff!!!! I grew up on Long Island, relocated to Los Angeles so I miss all my Giants brethren. Luckily, I get all the games via Sunday Ticket. Can't believe all our crazy injuries. Hopefully JPP and Beatty come back strong.

Sorry for derailing this awesome stealth thread. This figure rocks!!!

got mine today , really not a fan of it in hand. It has both the base issue and magnet, however the magnet i believe is just stuck to the other magnet and needs glueing back on. No pictures from me as i have to sell him on to fund personal bills, and there is just too much plastic wrapping to faff around with to get a picture

Sucks to hear that, mate. :duff

Just got mine, fig is awesome :rock

Mask es bueno, stand es no bueno.

:lecture

This is the exact thing I said when I pulled it out of the box for the first time. This is one of the most impressive 1/6 figures I own. So happy I was able to get one.

PS - I threw a collection video up that Gavin should check out. :wink1:

Congrats, fellas! :hi5:

Great pics, Jaymig! :clap

f439127c437b06c071f3cd2c0638dd81.jpg

Just got to unbox my stealth Mk VII and I'm very happy I decided to get one. The stand didn't screw in right out of the box but I was able to fix it by trimming part of the rubber off of the pole that is flush with the base.

Please excuse the cruddy iPhone pic but I had to get one up on the boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today. Love the look of it but the quality is probably the worst of any figure i have bought. I have the stand issue that other are having. I was able to get it together by taking apart the whole base and messing around with the nut that hods the pole in place from underneath. I see others are having the same problem so it's a QC issue that should not have gotten through. Then one leg came out of the socket while i was setting everything up. I barely moved him at all and the leg just popped out. I got it back in but it pops out pretty easy when i move him. I think it will be ok once i get him in the pose i want but just seems like poor quality. One of the wrist shields that go with the repulsor hands snapped off and again i barley touched it. I was able to glue it back together and you can't tell but again poor quality. The head also just popped off as i was adjusting it. It goes back on and seems to stay but comes off way too easy. Honestly the whole figure feels cheap to me. Maybe i just got a bad one. I really like the look so i am going to keep it and once i get him all set up and posed hopefully it will be ok but very disappointed in the quality of this piece.

Got mine today. Love the look of it but the quality is probably the worst of any figure i have bought. I have the stand issue that other are having. I was able to get it together by taking apart the whole base and messing around with the nut that hods the pole in place from underneath. I see others are having the same problem so it's a QC issue that should not have gotten through. Then one leg came out of the socket while i was setting everything up. I barely moved him at all and the leg just popped out. I got it back in but it pops out pretty easy when i move him. I think it will be ok once i get him in the pose i want but just seems like poor quality. One of the wrist shields that go with the repulsor hands snapped off and again i barley touched it. I was able to glue it back together and you can't tell but again poor quality. The head also just popped off as i was adjusting it. It goes back on and seems to stay but comes off way too easy. Honestly the whole figure feels cheap to me. Maybe i just got a bad one. I really like the look so i am going to keep it and once i get him all set up and posed hopefully it will be ok but very disappointed in the quality of this piece.

Lol, agree with you on the stand and the cheap feel (my only other IM was the mk43) so it definitely feels cheaper, But everything else leads me to believe maaaaybe your a little rough or dont know your own strength. leg sockets, heads popping off and the wrist shields breaking all by "barely touching them" :nono but at least you seem to have it sorted out now.:rock2

Opened mine this morning - love the look of it. I too have the faceplate and stand issues. Have emailed Sideshow in the hope that they can replace these for me. Also a little put out that we don't get the bigger outer box with the face plate on like the Asian ones seems to come in.

Great looking figure but for the first time in my collecting Hot Toys, not impressed with the QC.

Lol, agree with you on the stand and the cheap feel (my only other IM was the mk43) so it definitely feels cheaper, But everything else leads me to believe maaaaybe your a little rough or dont know your own strength. leg sockets, heads popping off and the wrist shields breaking all by "barely touching them" :nono but at least you seem to have it sorted out now.:rock2

I would think the same about me being rougher then i think i am being, except i have lots of other Hot Toy figures and other sixth scale figures from other companies and have never had any of them break or fall apart like this one has.

Back