Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

I really like this, and am sorely tempted to buy one - all that said, I really don't get the Starscream wings & suchlike. It's such a beyond-obscure reference, and not especially interesting. Really bizarre choice of accessories (which will stay in the box for 99% of owners, I'd bet). Including Sideswipe's jetpack would seem obvious by comparison.

Makes me wonder what oddness we'll get with other characters..

Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

I am praying they do a G1 Megatron.

If only HT will hint at more of these and make them in scale with one another, I could see people collecting these.

There is hope that Takara wil redo their Megatron to fit in scale with the MP-10 Prime, and fix some of the issues with the original mold.

This should have allready happened.Including Third party toys,we now have a complete G1 Decepticon team.Megatron is the only one missing.Like i said it doesn't have to be able to transform.Megatron transforms into a small gun so it wouldn't be G1 accurate anyway.

Has anyone seen a good place to preorder this for collectors in the U.S. ?

I'm guessing it gonna be around the $250-300 mark, and god I hope we get the EX. head, that would be sick!!!

If this is hefty with a good amount of diecast, I might buy it. I like the stocky look of it. Very good sculpt.

If this is hefty with a good amount of diecast, I might buy it. I like the stocky look of it. Very good sculpt.

Who said it was diecast? I don't think its diecast at all or it would of stated that.

I'm guessing it gonna be around the $250-300 mark, and god I hope we get the EX. head, that would be sick!!!

The EX head is a must for the wings to make even a little bit of sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The EX head is a must for the wings to make even a little bit of sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree and as soon as this EX. bad boy come out for PO it will be gone fast! Get ready for major crying and whining :lol

Who said it was diecast? I don't think its diecast at all or it would of stated that.

I know it's highly doubtful. But I just wanted to say that diecast would be the thing that pull the trigger. Otherwise, I think the price is too high for a full plastic robot figure.

I know it's highly doubtful. But I just wanted to say that diecast would be the thing that pull the trigger. Otherwise, I think the price is too high for a full plastic robot figure.

is it any different that an IM figure that completely plastic? People paid $300 for a repainted all plastic mark VII. Plus we don't know exactly how much this is gonna be, could be $225 or could be $300, no one knows just yet but either way, looking at the pics this looks like a badass piece that has an amazing paint job and has some real attention to detail, IMO its worth it. Yes it dosent transform but did you really think HT was gonna make a transforming one? And even if they did it would cost ALOT more and a lot less would buy it.

I want this to be put on PO NOW. Please!

I must have this, I need this. Not a doubt, not a single one.

is it any different that an IM figure that completely plastic? People paid $300 for a repainted all plastic mark VII. Plus we don't know exactly how much this is gonna be, could be $225 or could be $300, no one knows just yet but either way, looking at the pics this looks like a badass piece that has an amazing paint job and has some real attention to detail, IMO its worth it. Yes it dosent transform but did you really think HT was gonna make a transforming one? And even if they did it would cost ALOT more and a lot less would buy it.
The second day of SDCC there was a site that had the PO available for $310 US

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Last edited:

In a Hong Kong online shop is for $315 USD = $2400 HKD

And in that same store the Mark 42 is for the same price.. So you probably expect Sideshow will have it for $310 USD..

In a Hong Kong online shop is for $315 USD = $2400 HKD

And in that same store the Mark 42 is for the same price.. So you probably expect Sideshow will have it for $310 USD..
Sorry yeah $315. I'm expecting the same

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Need... Optimus Prime... Nao...

I want this to be put on PO NOW. Please!

I must have this, I need this. Not a doubt, not a single one.

Exactly mate. Day 1 preorder for me and I'm looking forward to seeing others from the line.

Back