Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

You have a very good point, my only thing is that this is after how many years of hot toys marvel figures that we are getting figures whose size varies. look how long it took them to do hulk and Iron Monger. IF the line is successful I think seeing characters of various sizes will happen, it just won't happen now. We might not see a Bumble Bee type character for 4-6 years. I could see them testing the waters with different sized characters in a Soundwave package, include rumble, ravage, and lazer beak and see how that does. Lots of things they could do with this line.

True enough. This is the first time HT is doing this line, so we'll see how it goes. IMO I'm not a fan of the series, since I like my TF to actually transform

Re: Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Ver.) Spec + Pi

When you put it that way it makes more sense. I'd love to see a Unicron for sure.
I thought abkut the size and 12 inches isn't so bad i suppose. It would help me collect more and not have to worry about spacing them. However to be honest i don't see myself getting more than 5 of them Lol well for now

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Don't get me wrong, a one off 18 inch optimus prime would be awesome, but if this is going to be an on going series would you really want to lay done $300+ for a 12 inch bumble bee? If they do, do larger characters, can you imagine how much a 24 inch sized Devastator would cost? lol If this line takes off and they start going at it like Iron Man figures, this series is going to get expensive, but like you I'll only get the big name characters, unless they do the Dinobots, I'll have to get all of them lol

Don't get me wrong, a one off 18 inch optimus prime would be awesome, but if this is going to be an on going series would you really want to lay done $300+ for a 12 inch bumble bee? If they do, do larger characters, can you imagine how much a 24 inch sized Devastator would cost? lol If this line takes off and they start going at it like Iron Man figures, this series is going to get expensive, but like you I'll only get the big name characters, unless they do the Dinobots, I'll have to get all of them lol
Optimus is like 12" and costs 310 roughly. A bumblebee at that cost at 12" would make sense too but from a complexity stand point no. If Optimus is 12" I'd like a smaller Bee at like 9" maybe

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Just saw this today at Anicom. I must say I was very, very impressed by the paint application on this figure. It really gives this boxy 1980's cartoon character some realness. I think transformers G1 fans are gonna love this...don't think anything else on the market comes close in terms of detail and realism.

Excellent! Just what I like to hear.

I really don't know where I would put this guy in my display, but I am seriously contemplating this when its up for PO.

It's G1 Optimus so i am getting it.

BUT the proportions look wrong. MP10 was a third of the price, looked better and transformed. This does have much better paint applications.

I do wish they would have gotten rid of the gimmicky Starscream/Megatron parts and sold this cheaper. I'm sure almost everyone would rather save $40-50 without the useless parts. Starscream version does look better than Megatron one though.

In what areas do you feel that MP-10 looks better? You mentioned proportions.. Is that the main area?

It's G1 Optimus so i am getting it.

BUT the proportions look wrong. MP10 was a third of the price, looked better and transformed. This does have much better paint applications.

I do wish they would have gotten rid of the gimmicky Starscream/Megatron parts and sold this cheaper. I'm sure almost everyone would rather save $40-50 without the useless parts. Starscream version does look better than Megatron one though.

MP10 retailed for $250 when it was first released. The consequent re-release retailed for $300.

Considering this is HT, and they overprice the hell out of everything, this is not all that bad.. If the price ends up in fact being around $310.

Are you talking about the Takara version of MP10? When it came to Toys R Us I got it for much cheaper.. around $150.. probably a little less than that. I think the re-releases had the considerable mark ups. Both MP-10 and TF001 bring different things to the table. Big time G1 Optimus Prime fans should have both in their collections. MP-10 brings a trailer, roller and battle axe to the table. Not to mention the ability to actually transform. Hot Toys TF001 brings size, a base, light up features and a superior paint job. Articulation was fantastic on MP-10 so I don't expect TF001 to beat it in that area but hopefully it matches it. Also I hope that TF001 does not require the base for it to stand sturdy. These things have big flat feet so balance should not be an issue. It's an exciting time for G1 fans.. I cant wait to see Megatron! Maybe they will even beat the Takara/Hasbro Masterpiece line in bringing out a true representation of G1 Megatron.

Are you talking about the Takara version of MP10? When it came to Toys R Us I got it for much cheaper.. around $150.. probably a little less than that. I think the re-releases had the considerable mark ups. Both MP-10 and TF001 bring different things to the table. Big time G1 Optimus Prime fans should have both in their collections. MP-10 brings a trailer, roller and battle axe to the table. Not to mention the ability to actually transform. Hot Toys TF001 brings size, a base, light up features and a superior paint job. Articulation was fantastic on MP-10 so I don't expect TF001 to beat it in that area but hopefully it matches it. Also I hope that TF001 does not require the base for it to stand sturdy. These things have big flat feet so balance should not be an issue. It's an exciting time for G1 fans.. I cant wait to see Megatron! Maybe they will even beat the Takara/Hasbro Masterpiece line in bringing out a true representation of G1 Megatron.

I really looking forward to a G1 megatron, my favorite transformer ever!

Please HT, make Galvatron next... As Takara seems to be taking their sweet time...

Price for this guy definitely threw me off. I could save another $20-30 and get me a Leonidas, Blade, or Samurai Pred.

I'd get three Optimus Primes any day instead of those.

I'd get three Optimus Primes any day instead of those.

2052658_o.gif

Takara's MP Megatron looks cool,but i never liked it as the legs looked too weird for me.It resembles the G1 toy,but far off how G1 Megatron actually looked like.I guess Takara never came up with a better solution when it transforms into a gun.
I hope HT make Megatron next,and we don't need a transformable Megatron as we have the Gun he transforms into with the MP Soundwave and MP-01/MP-04 Optimus figures.

Takara's MP Megatron looks cool,but i never liked it as the legs looked too weird for me.It resembles the G1 toy,but far off how G1 Megatron actually looked like.I guess Takara never came up with a better solution when it transforms into a gun.
I hope HT make Megatron next,and we don't need a transformable Megatron as we have the Gun he transforms into with the MP Soundwave and MP-01/MP-04 Optimus figures.

Yeah that's what I personally didn't like about it, plus I read it's joints get lose quite easily and the arm can't hold the weight of it's fusion cannon.

There is hope that Takara wil redo their Megatron to fit in scale with the MP-10 Prime, and fix some of the issues with the original mold.

I really don't like how the windshield/chest is just painted solid black. That should be translucent plastic and show the inside.

Back