1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm.
what if that body is big like MMS238 should have?
some more frankenstein job could be done.

Like every proto I see, it has good angles and bad angles. It really is the bare bones "I've been waiting for you" moment. It seems like HT has only seen the preview themselves. Soon we will see what else could be included with this. I've been wanting an old Arnold in my collection so I doubt I'll pass on it, but I'd like more included with it.

If the HT BD Police Shootout is still available at SS, this one will be hanging around for a long time! Great effort. Glad HT is putting this out. But I don't think it is for my collection.

I will pick up TG figures from the NECA line.

The head sculpt looks pretty good. I think it captures Arnolds age very well in 2015. If the price is really good than I'll buy. He doesn't come with much so the price should be below $219.

Looks fantastic here:

10492133_10152910588662344_3996437320370662688_n.jpg

And here:

10616721_10152910589217344_9132030371530973519_n.jpg

As expected from Hot Toys they'll probably pull off what they did with the DX10 and DX13 by giving us a full BD release down the road.

Reusing the same old stand though? Really?

Thought this was an all-in-one head and neck at first - but it was just photoshop in some of the pics. This one could have done without the ball-joint head so as to properly sculpt the neck to his age like the Jack Nicholson Joker figures.

But speaking of the neck look how thick it is - aswell as the whole body. Even more annoying in retrospect that MMS238 got some inappropriate recycled body which was too small to properly represent Arnie at his biggest in T1. They make the extra effort for what will likely be a disposable film while the classic film gets the 'on a budget' approach.

Anyway, overall I think this looks good. The face does look off in some shots and better in others. The sculpting of the battle-damage looks cool but I have no idea how accurate it is. The clothes look cool, accessories pretty damn light as others have observed.

Hair colour is what Arnie's hair looked like in the desert scenes of T2 - sometimes I wonder if they make his hair too dark on the T2 figures. It looks well sculpted but I don't know how accurate the shape is, I never do till the in-hand pics start coming in. I almost hope it's wrong because then it'd make it doubly annoying that they never get it quite right on the classic films.

Any Arnie figure tempts me truth be told but I'm not sure if I'll go ahead with anything from this film.

Back