Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT_T2_SarahConnor_PR06.jpg

Can someone explain what the black tube below the machine gun barrel is?

That's the XM-177 flash hider we were discussing in the other thread. It's the end Sarah has on during the picknick table scene. It swaps out for the suppressor (which is on the gun in that pic)

That's the XM-177 flash hider we were discussing in the other thread. It's the end Sarah has on during the picknick table scene. It swaps out for the suppressor (which is on the gun in that pic)

Ok, so we can probably come very close to converting the Dyson look to the SWAT van look, minus the strap.

T2JDColtCommando-13.jpg

Ok, so presumably, we can swap out the ends of the gun, possibly remove the scope and have the SWAT version of the same machine gun?

T2JDColtCommando-13.jpg

Same assault rifle, yes. That pic is atrocious. Someone who's fired and trained on as many guns as Sarah has "supposedly," shouldn't be squinting her eyes with the trigger pull. I suspect this is the same reason Arnold has sunglasses on. :lol

It's probably just a squint blink as the camera caught it. Tbh i cant remember in the film
Figure looks good, although from a distance back, i don't find it too convincing

Same assault rifle, yes. That pic is atrocious. Someone who's fired and trained on as many guns as Sarah has "supposedly," shouldn't be squinting her eyes with the trigger pull. I suspect this is the same reason Arnold has sunglasses on. :lol

From what I've heard, firing guns for movies and firing them for real are two different experiences.

Why? More often then not, they're real guns. The only difference is that they fire blanks instead of bullets.

Someone mentioned that firing guns one handed like you see in the movies with the level of control people have wouldn't work firing a non-film firearm. Could have been someone talking without a clue, I just raised the question once and that was the response I got, I always thought the only difference was live rounds vs. blanks. The example I'd inquired about was all the weapons Heath Ledger fired one handed in Dark Knight with seemingly no body reaction to the power of the weapon.

It's probably just a squint blink as the camera caught it. Tbh i cant remember in the film
Figure looks good, although from a distance back, i don't find it too convincing

That looks like more than a squint. :lol

Someone mentioned that firing guns one handed like you see in the movies with the level of control people have wouldn't work firing a non-film firearm. Could have been someone talking without a clue, I just raised the question once and that was the response I got, I always thought the only difference was live rounds vs. blanks. The example I'd inquired about was all the weapons Heath Ledger fired one handed in Dark Knight with seemingly no body reaction to the power of the weapon.

There are flash guns which don't use shells but ignite gas for the flash and prop guns like Once Upon A Time In Mexico that are completely non-functional where they add everything later digitally. Also some times they lighten the powder load in the shells for the blanks. But from everything I've read about T2, they were just your standard blanks being utilized by real firearms (except in the case of stunts where they were rubber). The irony here is, with the spring tube being the way it is, there's very little kick to an Armalite compared to other assault rifles so why she's squinting is anyone's guess, and I'm guessing novice.

I would guess her squinting may not even be because of her gun but the light shining on her from the helicopter plus the squibs (i think that's the term for the pyro they use for bullet hits) going off on the van.

I would guess her squinting may not even be because of her gun but the light shining on her from the helicopter plus the squibs (i think that's the term for the pyro they use for bullet hits) going off on the van.

That would be probable if the gun wasn't firing in the still. :lol

That looks like more than a squint. :lol

There are flash guns which don't use shells but ignite gas for the flash and prop guns like Once Upon A Time In Mexico that are completely non-functional where they add everything later digitally. Also some times they lighten the powder load in the shells for the blanks. But from everything I've read about T2, they were just your standard blanks being utilized by real firearms (except in the case of stunts where they were rubber). The irony here is, with the spring tube being the way it is, there's very little kick to an Armalite compared to other assault rifles so why she's squinting is anyone's guess, and I'm guessing novice.

read too many statements but I think in TS they may have actually used airsoft :D

This piece looks really good. This will be my first Hot Toys with the rubber type arm.......will be careful not to stress the rubber out too bad.....nice amount of accessories!

Preordered already. Hard part is the waiting!

In that shot there are shell casings popping out. Not airsoft. Trust me, I'd know.

Oh I trust my weapons expert for sure.. just I can't remember where I read that JC in TS was actually using VFC airsoft but of cause that source could be wrong and I didn't pay enough attention to shells spitting out :p

BTW not sure if you noticed I got my hands on a G&G M416-S but it's some kind of veriant that makes it look almost like a HK416. I got it reasonably cheap too and now just need to mod it more to make it more screenacurate :D

If there are, it's the hat on shots. I really don't get why they would have that feature and not demonstrate it in at least one photo of the alternate ones on her.

cause they know it looks stupid without the hat ;)

BTW thanks for this pic Agen. kinda explains why the cap had to be so high :p
is it just me or isn't the hairpiece a tad too high in thi shot??

cause they know it looks stupid without the hat ;)

I have a feeling people would be even more impressed with the portrait using the parted bangs instead of the current ones, they just look to thick and full over her forhead and don't quite look right, the split ones would probably look more natural and seeing some more of her forhead would probably change how the whole face looks.

Back