Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

Name of the company is Hot "Toys", btw.

For one, the scale doesn't match to anything that collectors already have. The price seems prohibitive for what appears to be a Mattel toy. Might not have the quality, but it's the type (size wise) of vehicle you see at Toys r us. I have trouble seeing this selling out tbh.

It doesn't say collectible on Mattel/Toys R Us toys. Even adults are breaking Hot Toys products. Remember Catwoman's goggles to name a few… So how would a child get on… Apart from eating it, or sticking it in their ear, or up their nose.

Also, this never sold out. https://forbiddenplanet.com/84064-batman-hot-toys-vehicles-movie-1989-batmobile/

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

The 89 batmobile is a beauty ! :drool

It's getting crowded over there! If you have the space and the money get another display case like that and split them between those 2 cases. Of course it's just my opinion!:wink1:

Hopefully you will need more space for Batman Returns! :pray:

I agree these pieces take up so much space. It got crowded when I added the 89 Batmobile. I built that case myself it's 6 ft wide and 4ft deep. If I get the bat I'll redo my background and hang the Bat in the same place as the picture and remove the 89 Batmobile and figures.

This is such an easy pass for me. And I thought I was crazy for flexing the Armory with Bruce and Alfred! :lol:slap

Armory does seem like a bargain compared to this. Lol.

This is such an easy pass for me. And I thought I was crazy for flexing the Armory with Bruce and Alfred! :lol:slap

Nah, the package/sets come with a LOT of goodies, so the price is justified.

I went with the Scfi Revoltech The Bat instead (and I have the Hot Wheels The Bat also). It doesn't have Ms. Kyle or the reactor but it's definitely much much cheaper. I have the Revoltech Tumbler as well and I love it.

I was reading the specs on Revoltech's The Bat and saw that it's just under 6 inches long compared to the almost 30 inches in length the Hot Toys version will be. While the Revoltech is much, much cheaper (around $50) I feel like those of us already struggling with the scale issue of the Hot Toys release will have a bigger problem with the Revoltech model.

I must say, though. Revoltech's The Bat seems to pack in some killer details in such a small scale. Kinda makes me want to consider investing in the entire Revoltech line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am struggling with this on many levels. First off owning the tumbler the scale is understandable, but annoying. Secondly is the price of the thing. roughly $800 shipped? Thats pushing it.....i don't care how many LED's are on it. Then lastly the 1/12 figures look like something I would get my son to play with from Toys r Us and gives the whole piece a "cheap" feel and look.

I can't say I won't end up getting it .......but I am scared to death to open this thing up and have it in a million pieces from shipping.

I own a movie masters bat pod so I guess I'm good on a 1/12 batpod!

I can't say I won't end up getting it .......but I am scared to death to open this thing up and have it in a million pieces from shipping.

The chances are very high. The Tumbler was prone to breakages on delivery. Shiny spots all over the bodywork, broken pins and flaps. Faulty LED wiring. Some had dislodged lights or wires. Broken suspension…. Lots of glue marks…

The 89 car came with lots of scuffs, scratches and fine chips…

The Bat-Pod had the least problems. If any… I don't recall any…

Yet look at The Bat…. Long narrow parts, fins, propellors…. Imagine if anything gets dislodged and starts jumping about the box… I honestly don't know but can guarantee, everyone complains about couriers handling.

I wonder what fun and games the Adam West car brings on delivery… It being super glossy.

The chances are very high. The Tumbler was prone to breakages on delivery. Shiny spots all over the bodywork, broken pins and flaps. Faulty LED wiring. Some had dislodged lights or wires. Broken suspension…. Lots of glue marks…

Yet look at The Bat…. Long narrow parts, fins, propellors…. Imagine if anything gets dislodged and starts jumping about the box… I honestly don't know but can guarantee, everyone complains about couriers handling.

if that really is the case then this bat... when it arrives...

ibua2XZKLrsTe7.gif

I really don't understand the point of this release.

1/12 is a no go for me. Just doesn't fit in with what I've got going

eh, you cant really worry about this because anything can break during shipping. I had no problems with the Tumbler or Batpod. Something breaks SSC will take it back or replace if they can.

PO for the regular is $10 less in here compared to SSC, but the one with Selina Kyle costs $230 more! LOL, $230 more for a 1/12 figure that might just be a little better-looking than Mattel moviemasters, and a 1/12 fusion reactor that most likely would be made of hollow plastic.

eh, you cant really worry about this because anything can break during shipping. I had no problems with the Tumbler or Batpod. Something breaks SSC will take it back or replace if they can.

It wasn't just the shipping. Hot Toys had them poorly packaged to begin with, sadly. Every 89 car arrived with scratches and scuffs. Then retailers started opening boxes after months inserting clear bags between the car and shield.

The Tumbler suffered the same sort of problem. The car was sliding around the polystyrene. Acting as a polisher to the plastic as it slides about on long journeys. Flaps bouncing about in compartments with broken aerials.

With so many intricate/loose parts on the Bat, what do you honestly expect wont happen?

It wasn't just the shipping. Hot Toys had them poorly packaged to begin with, sadly. Every 89 car arrived with scratches and scuffs. Then retailers started opening boxes after months inserting clear bags between the car and shield.

The Tumbler suffered the same sort of problem. The car was sliding around the polystyrene. Acting as a polisher to the plastic as it slides about on long journeys. Flaps bouncing about in compartments with broken aerials.

With so many intricate/loose parts on the Bat, what do you honestly expect wont happen?

well, if you look at that 89 Batmobile thread that was a poll about "did your 89 Batmobile arrive damaged?" 124 said theirs did, and 90 people said didnt. So, thats not "every" 89 Car. and thats only 214 voters out of hundreds probably maybe even a couple of thousand that bought it.

if it arrives damaged, so be it, you can return it to SSC if you buy it from them and get your money back, or they will send replacements if they can. If you dont buy it from them, and you buy it from eBay, then you might be out of luck.

My point was that anything can arrive damaged. whether from sub-par packing or transit. If people dont want to deal with it, then dont buy it. Yes its a fragile piece, all this stuff is fragile. but its nothing i ever worry about because i buy everything from SSC. I know some people can't that live in different regions, so just find a reputable dealer that will do returns or replacements. If your buying on say eBay, then thats your own decision to deal with that.

Maybe they will work out better packaging for it? we wont really know for over a year. And if it arrives damaged, it goes back. Like i said, my Tumbler is perfectly fine. I got the very first release of the Tumbler and BatPod. No problems. Yes some probably will sustain some wear during transit, its not something you can really protect 100%, they realize their will be damages and prepare for replacements and returns like they do with every release.

cover screws too evident for a model so expensive

Attachments

• up_13.jpg
    up_13.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 10325693_495983530548104_6216849682427676682_n.jpg
    10325693_495983530548104_6216849682427676682_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 263

well, if you look at that 89 Batmobile thread that was a poll about "did your 89 Batmobile arrive damaged?" 124 said theirs did, and 90 people said didnt. So, thats not "every" 89 Car. and thats only 214 voters out of hundreds probably maybe even a couple of thousand that bought it.

if it arrives damaged, so be it, you can return it to SSC if you buy it from them and get your money back, or they will send replacements if they can. If you dont buy it from them, and you buy it from eBay, then you might be out of luck.

My point was that anything can arrive damaged. whether from sub-par packing or transit. If people dont want to deal with it, then dont buy it. Yes its a fragile piece, all this stuff is fragile. but its nothing i ever worry about because i buy everything from SSC. I know some people can't that live in different regions, so just find a reputable dealer that will do returns or replacements. If your buying on say eBay, then thats your own decision to deal with that.

Maybe they will work out better packaging for it? we wont really know for over a year. And if it arrives damaged, it goes back. Like i said, my Tumbler is perfectly fine. I got the very first release of the Tumbler and BatPod. No problems. Yes some probably will sustain some wear during transit, its not something you can really protect 100%, they realize their will be damages and prepare for replacements and returns like they do with every release.

Right. I've got the first release Tumbler and Batpod too, but seeing the unboxing vids of the re-release on youtube, it's clear that Hot Toys improved the packaging further.

In addition to the plastic to prevent the styrofoam from rubbing on the roof, all of the flaps came in better, individual clam-shell packaging. Those side brake flaps came packaged as separate pieces to be attached by the customer, not rigidly already glued in place (and possible to break off in shipping) like with the first release.

The 89 Batmobile release had a lot of unhappy customers because of the rubbing and scratches from the shield during shipping, missing foam padding, etc. But some retailers, and Hot Toys themselves, did what they could to mitigate the problems on the later batches with the plastic bag between the car and shield.

They learn and improve their packaging each time. Every time you order a collectible you risk getting an item with problems anyway. Most of the people anticipating packaging problems are those who wouldn't order it anyway because they don't like the movie, vehicle design, price, or scale of this release (or all of the above).

Back