Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

Happy for you fans that have been looking forward to this!

It does look VERY awesome. I'm actually surprised that Hot Toys went ahead and made it!

I'm sure a lot of vendors are NOT looking forward to dealing with any breaks,defects, etc. in shipping. Considering what happened to some of the Tumbler and Burton-mobiles, this is NOT going to be a fun piece to deal with when it comes to returns and exchanges.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

whatever you need to tell yourself to justify this :rotfl I'm just saying. This does look like a toy.

Everything we talk about on this site are toys.

Well, some are statues. And some toys do look better and more realistic than others.

Still on the fence on how it will fit with my 1/6th display.

matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

14342453169_85553acffd_c.jpg

Well, some are statues. And some toys do look better and more realistic than others.

a realistic toy is..still a toy :)

anyway..I think sometimes we place a lot of value on our 'collectibles'...but the reality is they are for the most part massed-produced by workers in Asia, not some one-off art that we think they are that would one day end up in Sotherby's.

Back to topic, I don't think this piece offers a lot of 'value' but if you want 'the Bat' on your shelf as far as I know it will either be this or the Revoltech. I would not personally be getting this at $800...maybe if it was $400-500. I would be very interested in a 1/12 Tumbler for $2-300 but if they ever make one it will probably be $4-500.

You already have the Bat! I can see it in the back.

The 89 batmobile is a beauty ! :drool

It's getting crowded over there! If you have the space and the money get another display case like that and split them between those 2 cases. Of course it's just my opinion!:wink1:

Hopefully you will need more space for Batman Returns! :pray:

What a hunk of junk lol.

Forgive my ignorance, but is the scale due to a 1/6 version being incredibly costly to make? What was the original scale of The Bat that was teased long ago?

What happened here? Usually with new spec/picture threads you come back and you've to catch up on 20 plus pages. Yet I come back to an extra page.

The 89 car looks so stunning.

a realistic toy is..still a toy :)

anyway..I think sometimes we place a lot of value on our 'collectibles'...but the reality is they are for the most part massed-produced by workers in Asia, not some one-off art that we think they are that would one day end up in Sotherby's.

Back to topic, I don't think this piece offers a lot of 'value' but if you want 'the Bat' on your shelf as far as I know it will either be this or the Revoltech. I would not personally be getting this at $800...maybe if it was $400-500. I would be very interested in a 1/12 Tumbler for $2-300 but if they ever make one it will probably be $4-500.

Do kids roll $600+ toys across the floor? The last I recall a toy was a playable device that was robust for kids harshness and durance with it. I know most parents wouldn't even shell out £60 for true toys. Let alone 3 to 4 figure prices for these things.

Everything we talk about on this site are toys.

Like a kid's toy :wink1:

And it looks like it will break if you so much as breathe on it.

What happened here? Usually with new spec/picture threads you come back and you've to catch up on 20 plus pages. Yet I come back to an extra page.

The 89 car looks so stunning.

Do kids roll $600+ toys across the floor? The last I recall a toy was a playable device that was robust for kids harshness and durance with it. I know most parents wouldn't even shell out £60 for true toys. Let alone 3 to 4 figure prices for these things.

Name of the company is Hot "Toys", btw.

For one, the scale doesn't match to anything that collectors already have. The price seems prohibitive for what appears to be a Mattel toy. Might not have the quality, but it's the type (size wise) of vehicle you see at Toys r us. I have trouble seeing this selling out tbh.

Name of the company is Hot "Toys", btw.

For one, the scale doesn't match to anything that collectors already have. The price seems prohibitive for what appears to be a Mattel toy. Might not have the quality, but it's the type (size wise) of vehicle you see at Toys r us. I have trouble seeing this selling out tbh.

Bingo, Exactly, good point :lecture :goodpost:

I do feel kind of bad for the sellers that will have to deal with this,

When I first got the '89 Batmobile, I got on my hands and knees and rolled it around on the wooden floor. Get at me vodoun.

They'll probably assess the number of pre-orders from vendors before determining how many to actually make. Considering it won't be released UNTIL OCTOBER 2015 according to retailers, Hot Toys is giving themselves plenty of "fluff time" to make these and perhaps address the quantities that are in demand.

This is a good "test" for Hot Toys is gauge whether a larger vehicle produced by them into an even smaller scale will sell. The Tumbler and Burton-mobile did extremely well...especially considering that they've reissued the Tumbler. Batman "sells" well and the Nolan line has been one that Hot Toys has been making A LOT for so it makes sense that they would at least give "The Bat" a shot. If it does well, they might even produce a Burton Batwing (which I think would do even better) as a companion piece to the Burton-mobile. This can open up another "field" for them to explore and to Hot Toys' credit, they are not afraid to venture out of their standard 1/6 scale figures.

Considering they're trying new things....this makes me think of ONE QUESTION to ask:

WHERE IS THE F'N ALIEN QUEEN FROM "ALIENS"?

One of these days i'm gonna have to pull the trigger on the 89 Bat-mobile.

Considering they're trying new things....this makes me think of ONE QUESTION to ask:

WHERE IS THE F'N ALIEN QUEEN FROM "ALIENS"?

Same place Kyle Reese, kid John Connor, Ripley, the Marines, Returns Batman, Penguin, Catwoman, Elias, John McClane, Hans Gruber, Doc Ock, Clarence Brodicker, Professor X and Magneto are.

Same place Kyle Reese, kid John Connor, Ripley, the Marines, Returns Batman, Penguin, Catwoman, Elias, John McClane, Hans Gruber, Doc Ock, Clarence Brodicker, Professor X and Magneto are.

ANSWER: Because those won't sell as well as anything Nolan Batman. Howard doesn't have his Ferraris' for ignoring the sales formula for success.

Pretty much.

Needz moar Iran Man and Nolen Batman.

Yep......why we need another company to step up and take on the licenses that HT doesn't see as profitable...and do just as nice figures. I know...don't hold yer breath

Back