Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

Would it been too bad if they didn't add the lights or the fans or any of that? have it with no moving parts but cut down the price in half or something????

I doubt there would be much difference. Light-up features and working propellers or not, this would still be overpriced.

I've seen RC 1/6 scale Helicopters that are awesomely detailed, $800. AND THEY FLY. Sure, they're no Bat-copters, but they're 1/6 and can really fly. $800.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+Pics

I doubt there would be much difference. Light-up features and working propellers or not, this would still be overpriced.

I've seen RC 1/6 scale Helicopters that are awesomely detailed, $800. AND THEY FLY. Sure, they're no Bat-copters, but they're 1/6 and can really fly. $800.

Agreed. I really want to complete my dark knight collection. But $800+ is just way too much for my wallet to handle.

Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+...

Your collection can still be viewed as "complete", just ignore this release and pretend it didn't happen. Besides,

1. At 1/12, it's not even the right scale
2. It's a sub-line that isn't connected to anything they've done
3. Not a part of the standard MMS # system

You could justify it and save your cash

The completist in me is starting to take your suggestions a lot more seriously considering the price of this thing and the fact that it's not to scale with the rest of their TDK line.

I've said it before... If it were 1/6 and double the price I'd actually justify it as a worthwhile investment in my hobby. But bc of the scale and the hefty price - your explanation seems much more reasonable.

All that said... I still have it on guilt-free PO at big bad toy store... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I would have no problem seeing something that is out of scale as not being a legitimate addition to my collection. Luckily Hot Toys gave people an easy out. I'm curious about the two 6" figures, but I really hope they don't represent the beginning of a new Hot Toys scale. Not when there's still so much 1/6 stuff that I'm waiting for Hot Toys to produce.

Now, that 1/6 1989 Batmobile...39 inches long! Where the heck would I display it?

And why does it cost a hundred bucks or even more to ship it? Does it really weigh that much? The thing would probably break my shelf--if it could fit on my shelf, which it can't.

Still tempted anyway.

Hmmm...I wonder if I would actually think the black Tumbler could be pretty bad-ass looking as well if it had Keaton inside it? That might be a "kitbash" I'd be interested in.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+...

The completist in me is starting to take your suggestions a lot more seriously considering the price of this thing and the fact that it's not to scale with the rest of their TDK line.

I've said it before... If it were 1/6 and double the price I'd actually justify it as a worthwhile investment in my hobby. But bc of the scale and the hefty price - your explanation seems much more reasonable.

All that said... I still have it on guilt-free PO at big bad toy store... ;)

the way i see it, how many figures do you buy every year, 1/6 or 6 inch, or other scales? If you buy a lot, but really want the Bat, then just cut back. It will probably be worth way more once it sells out. So it will be a decent investment and even if you arent looking for value, its a unique piece for any TDK Trilogy collector. So my plan is just to cut back next year on other figures. No more Marvel stuff for me. Just sticking to TDK Trilogy and maybe other Batman if any come out. With all my POs this year, ive spent well above $800. So i just cut back next year and buy The Bat. If you can flex pay, $87 isnt that bad/month, and i have some rewards points built up to get the costs a little lower.

is it worth $800? well the other way I look at it is that comes to about 3-4 Hot Toys figures. I have bought more than that this past year. So i just wont buy as many in 2015 since i think The Bat is a piece I rather have and waited a long time for vs. any other 1/6 figures coming out in the next 2 years.

Re: Hot Toys TDKR 1/12 THE BAT Regular & Deluxe w/ Selina & Bomb (Official Specs+...

It will probably be worth way more once it sells out. So it will be a decent investment and even if you arent looking for value, its a unique piece for any TDK Trilogy collector.

This thing ain't going to be an investment. I hope those that buy it are playing for keeps. The MSRP and shipping price alone will kill any possible investment or increased value that resellers are looking to get. They'll be lucky if they get back what they paid to break even. Look at the Tumbler's (especially the camo) and '89 Batmobile. They're big ticket, expensive items where secondary market prices either break even or sell for less than the original MSRP.

This thing has so much going against it, more than the others.

- exorbitant price
- high shipping cost
- fragility
- wrong scale

Just attempting to list it, package and ship it will be a hassle/headache.

Last edited:

So my plan is just to cut back next year on other figures. No more Marvel stuff for me. Just sticking to TDK Trilogy and maybe other Batman if any come out.

Agree, Morphosis. Bottom line is that those of us on the fence with this piece still have a good year and a half to make a final decision on it. I learned just recently - just like you - that my Marvel stuff had to go. I love the detail of the Marvel releases and think that, should I have had the money, space and resources I would have stuck with it. But the reason I started collecting Hot Toys in the first place back in 2008 was because of my affinity for The Dark Knight Trilogy. So I too have recently scaled back my collection of multiple lines and scales to complete my TDK 1:6 collection.

At the end of the day - The Bat is my "grail" vehicle to feature in my collection. Whether 1:12 or 1:6, the craftsmanship and artistic output on this piece alone are enough to make any collection benefit from its inclusion. To me - it's not about the "investment" aspect or "turning it over for profit". If I commit the $900 after shipping to this piece it better be because I want to display it in my collection forever.

Until October 2015... I'm okay with debating over all of this with you fine folks for the time being :)

Is there a good reason for a 1/12 scale vehicle (toy) to be that freaking expensive?

If it was a 1/6 scale version with that price tag or a little higher, i would understand but for a 1/12 scale to have that price tag is head spinning.

It wouldn't be a "little higher" in 1/6. More likely 4X the price, and I'm being optimistic. Did you see the size of the actual prototype? It was delivered inside a freaking crate, unloaded with a forklift.

I know it has a lot of detail and lights and everything.

But with the size and the Size of little batman it really looks like a Kid's toy.

I don't care how realistic Hot Toys made it look but it looks like something from Toys R Us because of how tiny everything is.

it is kind of cute actually :lol poor little thing :rotfl

But with the size and the Size of little batman it really looks like a Kid's toy.

I don't care how realistic Hot Toys made it look but it looks like something from Toys R Us because of how tiny everything is.

LOL. it really does look kinda cute in a way. I still don't see how HT couldn't have released the 1/6 scale version in a disassembled kit/package.

This thing ain't going to be an investment. I hope those that buy it are playing for keeps. The MSRP and shipping price alone will kill any possible investment or increased value that resellers are looking to get. They'll be lucky if they get back what they paid to break even. Look at the Tumbler's (especially the camo) and '89 Batmobile. They're big ticket, expensive items where secondary market prices either break even or sell for less than the original MSRP.

This thing has so much going against it, more than the others.

- exorbitant price
- high shipping cost
- fragility
- wrong scale

Just attempting to list it, package and ship it will be a hassle/headache.

Depends, obviously no one knows if they will or not be worth more down the road. My feeling is once they sell out it will be tough to get cheaper because of shipping costs. Tumblers, bat pods, and 89 batmobiles you usually don't see them lower than retail and then add the shipping. It's going to be expensive no matter. I don't care if they become valuable myself, I collect to keep because I love the films. :)

I would like to see some pics with some 6th scale figures and vehicles next to it.i know it's 12th scale but I remember seeing the 6th scale prototype and it was huge,even at half that size it still should be pretty big.it may not look so strange in a 6th scale collection,but if say the batpod is just as big it will look weird.granted I probly wouldn't display it next to my dx bats but if it's bigger than the tumbler I think it will look good on a shelf with the batpod,tumbler or tumblers(if you have camo version) then the bat.

Cool looking piece with a crazy price. Thankfully I'm neither a completist or into collecting vehicles. Sucks about the scale for those who live in mansions or have aircraft hangers.

It wouldn't be a "little higher" in 1/6. More likely 4X the price, and I'm being optimistic. Did you see the size of the actual prototype? It was delivered inside a freaking crate, unloaded with a forklift.

What's happened to that thing anyway?The last time I saw it was a photograph of an exhibition at Secret Base.Is it still there?

each to his own...the guys that only collect 1:1 probably says the same thing about your 1:6 or even 1:4 :p

in many markets smaller scales are actually way more popular. Just look at the Revoltech Tumbler and the Bat. I actually resisted collecting 1/6 figures for the longest time because they seem more like 'dolls' than 'action figures' which are usually around 1/10-1/12 scale....but now I admit it's harder to go back to smaller scale after seeing the kind of detail afforded in 1/6. Nevertheless in this case the focus is not the figures but the vehicle which I think has plenty details.

each to his own...the guys that only collect 1:1 probably says the same thing about your 1:6 or even 1:4 :p

in many markets smaller scales are actually way more popular. Just look at the Revoltech Tumbler and the Bat. I actually resisted collecting 1/6 figures for the longest time because they seem more like 'dolls' than 'action figures' which are usually around 1/10-1/12 scale....but now I admit it's harder to go back to smaller scale after seeing the kind of detail afforded in 1/6. Nevertheless in this case the focus is not the figures but the vehicle which I think has plenty details.

whatever you need to tell yourself to justify this :rotfl I'm just saying. This does look like a toy.

Back