Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

• Total voters
Interesting turnout. I am surprised by the results. Only a month or so ago, there was much dissent about the new suit. Shows what a major movie can do for it. Plus there is the 20 S.W.A.T. does not equal 1 BATMAN rule. Hard to beat that.

I'm gonna go with the original suit on this one. I don't like the lighter gray on the upper torso and the legs all being made of the same material. I vastly prefer Medicom's TDK suit based on the pictures we've seen.

Hi guyz. I actually prefer the original suit and that surprised me coz when u see both suits in the movie, somehow either d joker gets more attention or the new suit seems to lack something.

I think it was mentioned a while ago, that the original suit made him more menacing and gave him better screen presence. Now I see that its true IMO.

Remember the first movie was all about creating a sense of fear in the enemy. As for TDK, the new suit was mainly to fight off dogs... big dogs, don't u think so?

Still, its cool and I'm going to get both anyway.

Bump. . .

Just wondering, for those of you who have both the Original and TDK figures, where do you stand now and which one do you like better, as far as the figures themselves go?

And I think the new one is just too detailed. The new cowl looks very goofy especially with Bales funny lip movements when he talks.

ya i love the suit but that cowl, thats why i liked the 1st release shots of the tdk ht one when the mouth was not so small, but then the die hards hated it and wanted it more like the movie one. but if you look a the v1 pre release shots the mouth area was much wider and didnt make him look squish faced like in the joker interrogation scene.

I'm a sucker for details on my toys and the TDK suit is so much more detailed. But I agree that the original costume looked so much more intimidating.

I really like TDK one, both look great but the color and deltas make him stand out as not just any batman.

While the original has it's nostalgic look, I'm gonna have to go with the TDK one. It's more "Batman." With the new suit, he's more agile, faster and can turn his freakin' head which is more in tune with the comic book Batman vs. the older suit where he's just a walking tank.

While the original has it's nostalgic look, I'm gonna have to go with the TDK one. It's more "Batman." With the new suit, he's more agile, faster and can turn his freakin' head which is more in tune with the comic book Batman vs. the older suit where he's just a walking tank.

For my wallet's sake I hope they keep the design for both the suit and the batmobile........highly unlikely I guess.

After seeing Maul's pics it's swung me to TDK suit. It's stellar. So futuristic!

For my wallet's sake I hope they keep the design for both the suit and the batmobile........highly unlikely I guess.

You mean for the next movie? I can't see them modifying the suit anymore than they already have. The box office has proved that tossing nipples on it, or painting it ....silver... is a big fail regardless of how "hot" Val Kilmer's ass looked in it... :yuck. Going with the blue/gray of the comic version isn't realistic and goes against everything they've established with the two movies. With the new mobility, light weight and quick assembly time for costume, it's virtually perfect. As for the Tumbler.......irreplaceable. He has a batmobile that even looks like his MASK! How cool was that?! :rotfl I think it's a neat little modernized throwback to the early Batmobile which had a grill that looked like Batman's mask.

Back