Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

• Total voters
Even in the movie DK, he seemed more massive and intimidating in the one scene where he was in the original suit. THAT felt more like Batman to me. He never had the same screen presence afterwards. Just my op.

See I felt the exact opposite. I thought he looked great in the BEGINS suit, but that Dark Knight suit to me was alot more mysterious and intimidating with the shadowed eyes from the sleeker cowl. I mean that scene in the interrogation room? Or the scene with Maroni?

:horror

Hi!

The original suit is the best by far..The new suit looks kinda weird and looses the Batman essence.

I like both a whole lot, but I'd give the edge to the Begins suit, simply because of the neck. He may not have been able to turn his head, but I sure thought that cowl was intimidating!

Both figures look superb. But I voted for the original suit. Less practical in reality but ultimately cooler looking. Someone said before that the new suit looks like some sort of BMX outfit and I agree.

Even in the movie DK, he seemed more massive and intimidating in the one scene where he was in the original suit. THAT felt more like Batman to me. He never had the same screen presence afterwards. Just my op.

Yes, I do agree about more of a presence in the original suit, but I have to say that with the new suit, to me at least, he looks a bit "evilish". Especially in the interrogation part when Batman slams Joker's head onto the table and he gives the Joker the meanest stare that for me was more intimidating and a bit scarier that I do not know if it would have gave that same effect if he had the original. But that's just me.

The old suit looks more animalistic, it's a great Batman Begins suit, symbolising his animal rage at the death of his parents and transformation into a human animal hybrid - the Batman. But the second suit, which is more armoured, more like a suit of armour, is a visual metaphor for his development into a 'Dark Knight' and his struggle to regain his humanity (because it looks more skeletal and is more defined).

All that crap aside, I will prefer the new suit IF it turns out to be darker than the shots we've seen. I don't like the grey. Batman doesn't have shades of grey!

Definetely. Great catch Captain Britain. BEGINS is a "Batman" more based off visceral animal rage. Thus the thick monsterous neck, and the bulk. The Dark Knight suit is very much inspired by Knight like armor. Thus, the development into "The Dark Knight"

But c'mon, he looked intimidating as hell in TDK suit. Not as large, but definetely intimidating. In fact, I think Bale himself looks more intimidating with the weight he DROPPED for The Dark Knight. Makes his face look way more intimidating with those pronounced cheek bones. Like that scene of him walking away from the party all pissed like when he takes out the thug, then disassembles his shotgun military style.

I thought his eyes and face looked much more intimidating in TDK cowl, where as his physique looked more intimidating in the BEGINS suit. I mean, I don't know if it was Bale's acting or the suit itself, but I could never imagined an on screen Batman looking as intimidating as Batman does in a BRIGHTLY light interrogation room. And Bale made Batman look frightening as hell in that scene. Or the image of him in the Batmobile after he slams the Tumbler into the garbage truck, destroying it.

Old school suit! The new one looks like it won't be as posable. Plus, as others have pointed out, the original feels more like the iconic Batman (who goes around in a fabric suit).

You talking about the figure or the actual costume, gdb? Cause the actual costume, TDK suit is way more versatile and comfortable, with more maneuverability. BTW, are you the same gdb who happens to be a die hard Kobe fan like me?

Got a pic of you wearing one?

No, but I got a pic of me on the set with one of the actors. And Bale has mentioned numerous times how much more comfortable and mobile the new suit was. And the costume designer explained this to me as well way before Bale said anything about it.

Smart ass.

:rolleyes:

No, but I got a pic of me on the set with one of the actors. And Bale has mentioned numerous times how much more comfortable and mobile the new suit was. And the costume designer explained this to me as well way before Bale said anything about it.

Smart ass.

:rolleyes:

Can I see these pics? Was Keyser Soze there too? Just messing with you, just bustin some balls! :D

P.S. DC Direct blows...................:monkey3 Kidding again of course.............:cool: or am I? :naughty

I know who you're talking about ...

I might put it up. I met everyone on set, Heath included, but only managed to get a pic with one of them when they were at a break in filming.

And the DC Direct >>> Hot Toys "Grinch"

I know who you're talking about ...

I might put it up. I met everyone on set, Heath included, but only managed to get a pic with one of them when they were at a break in filming.

And the DC Direct >>> Hot Toys "Grinch"

Yeah and what is wrong with the Grinch? Hmmmm? Hmmmm? :D

K fine, the DC head is ........................well ...................semi not bad but you have to admit the overall appearance of the HT Joker is better. Majority can't be wrong, they just can't.

The majority here is Hot Toy fanatics, bro. A bit biased crowd if you ask me. And you're not going to have anyone admit a different product is better given that they just spent $150 on the thing. The DC Direct head sculpt is not average or "semi bad", haha it's easily the best likeness out of ANY The Dark Knight Joker product released yet. And people who aren't biased can spot that immedietely. And probably will remain the best of anything released. The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker. The mouth scar is totally wrong, the eyes are too close, the lines on his face are too deep and too many, and the face paint is wrong, and there is practically no black eye paint. HT has higher quality fabric to their clothes, and abit better on the body, and they have the one accurate knife. But DC Direct has the cheaper price, effective body structure and clothing, and better accessories.

The majority here is Hot Toy fanatics, bro. A bit biased crowd if you ask me. And you're not going to have anyone admit a different product is better given that they just spent $150 on the thing. The DC Direct head sculpt is not average or "semi bad", haha it's easily the best likeness out of ANY The Dark Knight Joker product released yet. And people who aren't biased can spot that immedietely. And probably will remain the best of anything released. The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker. The mouth scar is totally wrong, the eyes are too close, the lines on his face are too deep and too many, and the face paint is wrong, and there is practically no black eye paint. HT has higher quality fabric to their clothes, and abit better on the body, and they have the one accurate knife. But DC Direct has the cheaper price, effective body structure and clothing, and better accessories.

I will agree with you on the paint apps to Jokers face, the HT Joker NEEDS more deep black around his eyes. Once there you will see Ledger, trust me. I respect your points though, i've never really hated the DC version, just don't see how it even touches or better yet comes in a league with HT.

Back