Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

• Total voters
Oh it's definetely in the league with HT. Fan approval vouches for this. I mean the thing is released for $80 - $90, and it goes for HT Joker prices and beyond. Pound for Pound, in addittion to price consideration, it's probably better. Why would one pay for a $150 body and clothing? The clothes aren't that much better anyway to justify the price or the HT one being the better figure. It just doesn't. And I'm not biased against HT, cause their BEGINS Batman and The Dark Knight Batman, next to the DC Direct Joker, are the best mass released figure forms of the respected movie based characters. HT's just didn't get their sculpt right. Could've been such a great figure too. And it doesn't just need black around his eyes, I'm sure that would help alot, but it isn't the only problem with the thing. I mean how does one justify wanting to pay $150 for a movie based figure that doesn't resemble the character apart from his clothing? Just look how much better the DC Direct face looks to the Hot Toys one. And once again, I'm not bashing, because HT's Batman figures SPANK the in house product of DC's Batman related movie figures.

Heath Ledger's The Dark Knight Joker
dsc06803copyrg9.jpg

v.s.

Jim Carrey's The Grinch w/ TDK inspired clown makeup ???
ht_joker23.jpg

the old suit looks chunky and cumbersome. i like the new suit. its more high-tech. why does everyone keep saying "it's too busy"? i hate that. "busy". what is that supposed to mean? it has more detail yeah but it's not "busy". maybe if it had lights and moving parts it could be labeled "busy". one person uses that word and then a bunch of sheep need to follow suit i guess.:rolleyes:

And I was someone who banged the drum for Hot Toys Joker when I saw the proto. Then the finished product? Yuck.

Add a simple small chain you can find at Michaels or something, and viola ... looks like Heath Ledger's Joker lept off the screen and into your living room or desk.

jokecp1.jpg

Just look at the face comparisons of the HT Joker and the DC Direct one ... then to my signature. Which one looks more like the movie Joker? It's obvious.

I like them both. Since I ordered both, I think once I have them in front me I'll be able to make a choice. However based on the pics I've seen, I say the original suit!

DC direct Joker sucks balls.

End of discussion.

^

Mad customer endlessly defending an inferior product because he's emberassed he spent $150 on a movie related product that doesn't even resemble character from the movie.

It's okay man, I'd put up a front too to makeup for the fact I got hosed out of money.

:naughty

The majority here is Hot Toy fanatics, bro. A bit biased crowd if you ask me. And you're not going to have anyone admit a different product is better given that they just spent $150 on the thing. The DC Direct head sculpt is not average or "semi bad", haha it's easily the best likeness out of ANY The Dark Knight Joker product released yet. And people who aren't biased can spot that immedietely. And probably will remain the best of anything released. The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker. The mouth scar is totally wrong, the eyes are too close, the lines on his face are too deep and too many, and the face paint is wrong, and there is practically no black eye paint. HT has higher quality fabric to their clothes, and abit better on the body, and they have the one accurate knife. But DC Direct has the cheaper price, effective body structure and clothing, and better accessories.

Some good points but:

The HT face sculpt doesn't resemble Heath at all or TDK Joker...

You seem to be stating this as a fact rather than an opinion. I find that to be biased & fanatical especially since you have gone out of your way to post this in a vote thread regarding HT Batmans.

Please stop thread crapping and discuss your love of the DC Joker for the 500th time in another thread. Thank you.

Well people sucked me into this one, no? Go back and re-read. I didn't start talking about the comparison till I was baited. I'm just defending my opinion, from alot of people. I'm defending my stance against a pro - HT can't do any wrong crowd, who need to defend their expensive purchase for a less than stellar product.

As much as I like the new suit, and even though I'm getting both, I voted Original. It looked a little strange to me in TDK, even though it is exactly the same. But I do prefer the BB version.

As much as I like the new suit, and even though I'm getting both, I voted Original. It looked a little strange to me in TDK, even though it is exactly the same. But I do prefer the BB version.
I think I know what you mean, cos the cowl looked pretty different to me...

I agree with Just a Freak about the Hot toys joker headsculpt looking nothing like Heath Ledgers joker. At the same time however I don't think DCD figure looks that much better to get a figure thats out of scale with everything else I have and whose clothing is inferior. I'm hoping for a Version 2 from Hot toys that will get the head right - not a guarantee, considering version 2 Superman still didn't look like Routh but I have a feeling they'd find it easier getting an accurate Heath ledger joker. There are no perfect TDK joker figs out there right now - DCD has a better face but the hair still looks wrong - I'm counting on Hot toys to do him justice in the end.

both....they are awesome in their own rights. however, if you have to get one just get the new one as you'll be able to find the original one cheaper later.

I picked TDK suit. Why? Well right now, it just makes a better display figure. It works with the Joker, Batmobile, and Batpod. Joker never faced Batman in the BB suit, so right now, BB Batman is really a stand alone display. If we had a Scarecrow or Ra's or somebody to go with him, that would be different, but right now TDK suit would make the better choice.

And I do think I'm starting to like TDK suit better than the BB suit in terms of looks.

I picked TDK suit. Why? Well right now, it just makes a better display figure. It works with the Joker, Batmobile, and Batpod. Joker never faced Batman in the BB suit, so right now, BB Batman is really a stand alone display. If we had a Scarecrow or Ra's or somebody to go with him, that would be different, but right now TDK suit would make the better choice..

A sound rationale. I voted on looks alone though and that meant the original suit for me.

Back