Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

If this figure can't fly around the world and turn back time, I'm not buying it. :mad:

It kind of will be mayhem since DCD won't let Sideshow carry most DC licensed items. They passed on Watchmen and that is how Sideshow got them, but DCD will 99.9% carry this. So we don't have good 'ol Sideshow to fall back on. Have to go with DCD distributers.

the funny thing is that as the official US distributor for HT, DCD direct will be getting these from sideshow. :lol

Zod would be a huge seller

I agree man, after Mattel's poopoo version, I'd love to see a proper done Zod. I really don't think there's a need to make other characters like Lois just cuz I don't like Margot Kidder; also Jimmy and Perry aren't priorities either. You put Zod and Supes with the HT superman returns' Jor-El and you'll have a nice shelf display!

Think the three heads would be a must. And heat vision for the stern Supes.

I think if they do something similar like Wesker's light up head, it should work! :hi5:

EDIT: OOPS!!! I forgot Lex Luthor!! Yea I'd take a Hackman Luther complete with wig accessories and a crappy looking kryptonite chain necklace! :lol

So pumped.Can't wait for the proto.How's about DX Jor-El with newly improved Brando sculpt,Crystals,and 2 costumes(white and black)

I'm interested in Superman, Zod, and Luthor, possibly Non and Ursa. Would not waste any of my money on Lois. Not a big Margot Kidder fan.

Looking forward to some Superman proto pics.

matty's NEW reeve will own hot toys version :rotfl

77649-mattels-improved-chris-reeve-12-superman-comparison.jpg

Last edited:

I'd be happier about this if not for the ongoing DX-02 ____ up.

This is a must for me. I'll pose him with Bats in a Worlds Finest pose. This figure was a long time coming, now we'll wait for a Keaton Bats. Am I the only one who'd like to see an Adam West Batman and a Burt Ward Robin? As you might see. I'm a bit of a Batman freak.

Old Grandpa

PS: No problem with my DX-02

I can't wait to see the photos for this piece. Capturing Reeve's likeness is harder than it looks because it has really subtle features. I hope they do better than they did with the t1000 figure of Robert Patrick. He also has subtle features and I don't think HT succeeded in capturing his likeness. I really hope that HT will get it done right. Having said that, I am stoked that this is a DX figure, so we are sure to get the Clark Kent persona.

I plan to get two of this and hopefully they will do Lex Luthor, the 3 kryptonians, Jor El again, and the Evil Superman version, so I can have Clark Kent kick is grimy butt.

I plan to get two of this and hopefully they will do Lex Luthor, the 3 kryptonians, Jor El again, and the Evil Superman version, so I can have Clark Kent kick is grimy butt.

i think you're asking for too much unfortunately :(

i think if HT decides to make more figs, it will only be from the first movie b/c the announcement only says SUPERMAN (1978) movie license so i think we may only see a Lex Luthor and another Jor-El. Even though I'd want Zod, I'm already happy with just a CR Superman and would be just fine if the only other figs they gave us were Lex Luthor and Jor El, but more so Lex.

Zod, Ursa, and Non were in the first film. Therefore they are (presumably) covered by the license.

I held on to my Jor-El hoping that I'd live to see a HT Chris Reeve Superman, having said that, I do hope they do another Jor-El with the proper "S" crest on his outfit, the Superman Returns one is very wrong.

Screw the kryptonians:Otis with the blind guy and dog is where it's at.:rock

One and done. Superman and I am finished with the line (unless HT totally surprises everyone with Zod).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back