Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

I hope they do better than they did with the t1000 figure of Robert Patrick. He also has subtle features and I don't think HT succeeded in capturing his likeness.

Thats an opinion which isn't being expressed much in the T-1000 thread. Most people seem to be happy with it. I think maybe I agree with you, it could be better.

Hot Toys knows this is going to be a big release....everyone around the world has kinda been waiting for this. Also now knowing its a DX figure they really need to add the fortress of solitude as a figure stand....and i don't mean a cardboard background. Just like with the (correct if wrong) predator maquette where they added a little jungle bit as the figure stand. I'd gladly pay the extra dough if they go the extra mile !!!

Probaly the only movie superman known to moviegoers and he is finally getting the proper figure. Im not a huge supes fan but this is a must buy for me.

Superman the movie is the best superhero movie to date IMO. Kiddies and fanboys can call it dated call it what you like, but IMO score is at least 50% of a movie if not more, and what a score it is.

This is what it will sound like when the UPS guy is out for delivery to my door with the figure.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sjD3ZVS8V6c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sjD3ZVS8V6c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I pay $500.00 for this HT DX 5 SUPERMAN C.R figure if coming with all the goodies!!, be my dream have my C.R SUPERMAN in my collector's room.!!!:)

Even though I hated the TV show, I kinda like this
<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9djfa9CIm3M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9djfa9CIm3M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

VIVA!! C.R SUPERMAN!!!!!:) I'm so happy about this...HT DX5 SUPERMAN C.R , the BEST SUPERMAN all the time!!:)

That's very nicely done.

Man...I STILL cannot quite believe we are getting this from HT. :rock

Even though I hated the TV show, I kinda like this

Tv show? I think you're getting Christopher Reeve (Superman The Movie) mixed up with George Reeves who played Superman in The Adventures of Superman tv series. I'd like a HT George Reeves though but not as much as I'm loving this announcement :rock!!!

Tv show? I think you're getting Christopher Reeve (Superman The Movie) mixed up with George Reeves who played Superman in The Adventures of Superman tv series. I'd like a HT George Reeves though but not as much as I'm loving this announcement :rock!!!

No bud, he meant he hated 'Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Superman' TV show which the above footage of the Superman films has been edited to the music from the intro.

This TV show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZVRm1KcZY
Lois and Clark with Dean Cain and Terry Hatcher :monkey4

That's what those credits are mader to look like.

No bud, he meant he hated 'Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Superman' TV show which the above footage of the Superman films has been edited to the music from the intro.

oh ok. the video wasn't showing up on my iPhone, so i just assumed he was talking about George Reeves since lots of ppl like to but the 's' at the end of CR's name as well.

But I love everything superman...he's my favorite superhero of all! i have all seasons of every show, many figures before mom chunked them to goodwill :( now I only have my mattel superman returns figures left :(

Superman the movie is the best superhero movie to date IMO. Kiddies and fanboys can call it dated call it what you like, but IMO score is at least 50% of a movie if not more, and what a score it is.

If you think the score is 50% of a movie you don't know what a good movie is. A good movie doesn't need any sound, a good movie could be silent and the audience wouldn't skip a beat. Christopher Reeve as Superman is classic, everyone knows that but the movies sucked ass. Part 1 isn't horrid but its maybe a 7/10. Batman Begins is easily one of the best superhero movies ever made. If not the best.

I'd say Superman The Movie is the best comic movie. The movie has the look and feel straight from a comic book.

Batman Begins is easily one of the best superhero movies ever made. If not the best.

Definitely the best superhero film. Hands down.

The Superman films have dated slightly but I still love them, Superman 2 Donner cut esp. But you are right, it is the depiction of the character moreso than the films themselves.

Christopher Reeve IS Superman for many, me included. Grew up with that version. Classic.

The Superman films have dated slightly but I still love them, Superman 2 Donner cut esp. But you are right, it is the depiction of the character moreso than the films themselves.

Christopher Reeve IS Superman for many, me included. Grew up with that version. Classic.

:goodpost::exactly:

agreed! even loving superman more than batman, Batman Begins has the most well made origin story of all. the only problems I have with the Donner Films are that Krypton is like a giant ice ball which is not Krypton to me, and how lex luthor is all about "land, land, land land" and not the owner of metropolis businessman and scientific genius that i know or rather grew up reading.

but even with that said, CR made those Superman films amazing! like snake said, CR IS Superman!!! :clap:clap :rock:rock

Even not liking the films I'll just buy this Christopher Reeve figure and pretend its based off the best possible Superman film. I mean the best possible Superman is at least half the battle anyway.

True dat!

The only flaw with Superman the Movie is the depiction of Luthor as a comic character rather than a more serious villain.

Even not liking the films I'll just buy this Christopher Reeve figure and pretend its based off the best possible Superman film. I mean the best possible Superman is at least half the battle anyway.

well at the moment, CR Superman I and II are the best we have. I'm sorry that you don't like them, but for many of us, CR is the best superman

we do have the upcoming winter of 2012 superman movie with Nolan piggy-backing it though, so we may have a "best possible" film coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back