1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I used the Game Of Death Bruce Lee body from Enterbay

Enterbay RM x Bruce Lee Game of Death 1 6 Seamless Body 12" Action Figure | eBay
It's a good color match. Works pretty good and is in scale for Luke. I cut off the feet so the boots would fit and used the SS Bespin Luke tank top cause it covered the neck seem better.

I ended up cutting off the neck of the figure cause I didn't want to damage the HT neck and risk not being able to use the PERS. Works pretty well. I have a thread I started for this custom if anybody wants to see more pics.

That's a $160 body.:horror:lol

Does anyone think or know for sure if HT will do a two pack of Luke and Han in Stormtrooper outfits?

Well i'm pretty sure it won't be a two pack and this point lol. But Han i'm sure of.

Thanks. I used the Game Of Death Bruce Lee body from Enterbay
It's a good color match. Works pretty good and is in scale for Luke. I cut off the feet so the boots would fit and used the SS Bespin Luke tank top cause it covered the neck seem better.

I ended up cutting off the neck of the figure cause I didn't want to damage the HT neck and risk not being able to use the PERS. Works pretty well. I have a thread I started for this custom if anybody wants to see more pics.

Well you did incredible work. I was thinking that's what you did based on the wrists of the figure but that had me confused was that the neck was not compatible. Seeing what you did to make the Hot Toys head/neck fit on the Enterbay body took a lot of skill and a lot of guts but the proof is in the pudding; it looks perfect. I have subscribed to your thread. Thank you for sharing.

Hmm, somehow I'm just not feeling the likeness as much here as I am in the farmboy outfit, but it's still an undeniably nice looking figure.

It's the same sculpt. What you're seeing is just differences from a professionaly painted proto to a mass produced piece.

It's the same sculpt. What you're seeing is just differences from a professionaly painted proto to a mass produced piece.

I think what he means is that, for example, a Han sculpt likeness is helped by the context of a black vest over a white long sleeved shirt.:lol

We have definitely come a LONG way from this $300 figure...

ULTIMATE_UNISON_LUKE_SKYWALKER-05.jpg

As usual - :clap:clap:clap

I just followed the link to get a full size image of this.

Luke's hair looks pretty big compared to the face in a few pics, a bit of helmet hair - is it like that in hand, or a trick of the camera lens?

It's like that in hand too.

He looks so damn happy. "Marching into the detention center is exactly what I had in mind. Hooray!" That looks like the same hair from the main Solo sculpt. There was a photo in the first Luke Stormtrooper teaser that looked as though Solo might have a different hair piece.

Sold my SS Han and Luke ST disguise set and used the money to order Luke. Going to miss that set but the value was nose diving fast and I know HT exclusives are have held up pretty well. It also doesn't hurt that this is a good looking figure even if the sculpt came from another figure and I like the fact that a plug is included so you can use the helmet with the figure. I don't much care for the smiling Han pic at all. It's like he first laid eyes on Leia and is giving her his best "Hey baby what's happening smile"! I did order a Han head from the ANH figure that I'm going to use with my HT Storm Trooper.

HanTrooper.jpg
I never really understood why it seemed like so many people were hoping for a smiling Han Solo for this figure; it just doesn't capture the mood he had most of the time on the Death Star. Still, the Sideshow Trooper Han was smiling too - I'm just not sure what that is about.

Also: smiling and sweaty not only will keep the head from being much good on the regular Han, but it also will just be weird.

I never really understood why it seemed like so many people were hoping for a smiling Han Solo for this figure; it just doesn't capture the mood he had most of the time on the Death Star. Still, the Sideshow Trooper Han was smiling too - I'm just not sure what that is about.

Also" smiling and sweaty not only will keep the head from being much good on the regular Han, but it also will just be weird.

I think it was more about hoping it was not a 100% recycled Han portrait as some were slightly underwhelmed by the other or just want another head sculpt option. But yeah, doesn't match his DS vibe. I still think it'd be nice to be able to swap this one and the smuggler one though, so would prefer a different one as long as it's not goofy looking.

View attachment 220410
I never really understood why it seemed like so many people were hoping for a smiling Han Solo ....

Me neither, and this likely proves the point "be careful what you wish for".

I wonder if this head would work better for reg Han and the stern 'blank' head works better for Stormtrooper Han? Maybe that was HTs plan all along so you'd get both.

He's not supposed to be smiling.. he's supposed to be smirking. We can't truly judge this sculpt until we see how it looks with his head cocked :monkey3

Me neither, and this likely proves the point "be careful what you wish for".
Good point.

I wonder if this head would work better for reg Han and the stern 'blank' head works better for Stormtrooper Han? Maybe that was HTs plan all along so you'd get both.
Maybe, but if they are consistent with the sweaty effect like they used on Luke, you may not want to use it on the regular Han.

Also, how certain can we be that this is what we will actually get? The Han and Chewie 2 pack came with pictures of the prototype version as part of the packaging of the box. So if they use images of a prototype sculpt that doesn't reflect the actual product in the box then they certainly can use a picture of a sculpt they may not actually use for the figure as a tease for upcoming stuff in Luke's box.

Back