Hot Toys Snake Predator cometh - - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Predator is it?

It's the one that says 'Bad Mother____er' on it!

Enjoy!

HPIM6149.jpg

HPIM6134.jpg

HPIM6124.jpg

HPIM6146.jpg

HPIM6160.jpg

HPIM6141.jpg

HPIM6120.jpg

That is unreal Nathan! Talk about an amazing custom. My only minor comments are the lack of paint on the wrist joints, and the showing of the left shoulder joint.

I imagine if you painted the wrist joints, they would peel with moving his hand though. And I know there is nothing you can really do with the shoulder.

With what you had to work with, simply UNREAL!!!!

Yeah, I hate the shoulder joints too. And that's exactly why I didn't paint the wrist and ankly pegs.

A couple extra notes: Predatorje had already made those forearm wraps, and I think he did a great job, so I didn't bother replacing them. I did though give the armor a full repaint to be closer to the studio shots. I removed the strap from the knee pads, and they are glued to the netting. The fur was made by going to the fabric store, getting a strip of plush blanket with running horses printed on it, finding the right section of mottled colors to use from that, rolling the edges under, and there you go.

BTW, Predatorje, the shoulder fur is not glued on. I weaved the string through the netting to keep it in place. The string should have some kind of little bones along it, so when you get it back, you can just pull the string off of the back of the fur, thread some bones onto it, and glue the end back to the fur.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hate the shoulder joints too. And that's exactly why I didn't paint the wrist and ankly pegs.

A couple extra notes: Predatortje had already made those forearm wraps, and I think he did a great job, so I didn't bother replacing them. I did though give the armor a full repaint to be closer to the studio shots. I removed the strap from the knee pads, and they are glued to the netting. The fur was made by going to the fabric store, getting a strip of plush blanket with running horses printed on it, finding the right section of mottled colors to use from that, rolling the edges under, and there you go.

BTW, Predatortje, the shoulder fur is not glued on. I weaved the string through the netting to keep it in place. The string should have some kind of little bones along it, so when you get it back, you can just pull the string off of the back of the fur, thread some bones onto it, and glue the end back to the fur.

Hey Nathan,
Thanks about the forarm wraps :)
Thnx for the armor repaint! it looks excellent!
And i'll add some bones to the string it looks really cool!

You are very welcome. You've been an excellent and patient customer. Thanks.

Good stuff Nathan. Soooo, are you going to repaint your Elder Predator 2 and Lostie?

I've already repainted my Gray Back (that's the P2 Elder's name according to the director: see special features on DVD), but I want to replace his body with a P1 repainted. Since it is the original suit, according to Stan Winston, with new appliances and paint job anyway, and the chest rig I'm using for the better shoulder cannon placement and movement is from the P1 anyway, I figure both P1 and Gray Back should be pretty much identical in body.

Last edited:

A couple extra notes: Predatorje had already made those forearm wraps, and I think he did a great job, so I didn't bother replacing them. I did though give the armor a full repaint to be closer to the studio shots. I removed the strap from the knee pads, and they are glued to the netting. The fur was made by going to the fabric store, getting a strip of plush blanket with running horses printed on it, finding the right section of mottled colors to use from that, rolling the edges under, and there you go.

BTW, Predatorje, the shoulder fur is not glued on. I weaved the string through the netting to keep it in place. The string should have some kind of little bones along it, so when you get it back, you can just pull the string off of the back of the fur, thread some bones onto it, and glue the end back to the fur.

You are very welcome. You've been an excellent and patient customer. Thanks.

I've already repainted my Gray Back (that's the P2 Elder's name according to the director: see special features on DVD), but I want to replace his body with a P1 repainted. Since it is the original suit, according to Stan Winston, with new appliances and paint job anyway, and the chest rig I'm using for the better shoulder cannon placement and movement is from the P1 anyway, I figure both P1 and Gray Back should be pretty much identical in body.

Hey Nathan,
Sound like a nice job you will do on your pred 2 elder.
I'm excited to see what you will do to my Hippie :D

have you tried to make the stuff on his belts look more accurate? he definitely had more bones/trophies than the figure.
and how hard would it be to get a working targeting laser on the cannon?

i really need to quit looking at this topic. it fills my heart with sadness that ht won't make more lost clan preds. even if they did, they wouldn't look as nice as this one.

edit - looks like that borg up there needs a dread mod.

Hey Prefused The work on the shoulder cannon for the p2 elder is not hard.
just buy a predator 1 armor set with helmet
heat the helmet a bit and get everything out of the helmet, wires and the targeting system.
Then just wire it to the top of the shoulder cannon and put something around the led light and your done.
Aslo change the belt for the p2 elder on the right chest, it's not the same as the p1 belt and i also glued the left arm armor to the left arm shoulder armor

Yeah, the mods Predatorje did to his Elder armor with the lit targetting on the cannon was well done.

have you tried to make the stuff on his belts look more accurate? he definitely had more bones/trophies than the figure.

edit - looks like that borg up there needs a dread mod.

As soon as I swap the body on my Elder, I'll be focussing on that stuff. I did see in the movie that he has some kind of sheath for the sword, adn he also has what looks like a bundle of ribs, or something on his right him.

And, yes, Borg needs a wire job in the dreads.

Is the armor on the rt shoulder custom? I can't tell for sure.

It's just the armor from the righ shoulder of the P2 without the 'wing' looking thing over it. I glued it to the shoulder after painting.

Back