Hot Toys Snake Predator cometh - - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan, have you ever tried to make some quills? I'm guessing that if anyone can do it, you can.

Nathan has repainted my predator 2 elder also..
He added the quills to him too, looks so awesome!

Hopefully he will add the black quills to my pred 2 snake too :D

Yes, you will have quills on this bad boy. They will go on just before the short dreads. All the quills I've used so far have been from my private stash of AVP Elder Quills.

Nathan, have you ever tried to make some quills? I'm guessing that if anyone can do it, you can.

That is definitely a project I need to figure out. My stash isn't going to last forever, especially with Predatorje buying them all up for his stuff:D.

Besides, I think the quills for some Preds could be a bit thinner, sharper, and slightly curved, rather just bent. I've considered using fine with sanded sharp at one end, but those don't like to keep paint on.

Anybody have an suggestions? I'm open to it.

Something that small would almost have to be injection molded i would think. By the way, your stuff is freaking awesome! If work picks up for me, you may be getting a pm (unless, of course, you want to trade for graphic design services lol)

Ive used Bake & Bend to make quills for the lifesize Busts, dont know if it will work for the smaller quills.....

Attachments

• IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2179.JPG
    IMG_2179.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 4
Yes, you will have quills on this bad boy. They will go on just before the short dreads. All the quills I've used so far have been from my private stash of AVP Elder Quills.

That is definitely a project I need to figure out. My stash isn't going to last forever, especially with Predatorje buying them all up for his stuff:D.

Besides, I think the quills for some Preds could be a bit thinner, sharper, and slightly curved, rather just bent. I've considered using fine with sanded sharp at one end, but those don't like to keep paint on.

Anybody have an suggestions? I'm open to it.

Nathan..have you tried using older techniques like antennas for scale model cars ?..heat up left over "trees" and pull to make thin strips of plastic ?..I made some for my P2 but i need to repaint first..

Rob

Interesting idea. I can see that working, but taking a hell of a lot of time. Any given Pred has at least 40 quills on his face. Another guy told me he used stick pins. They are about the same thickness, if not skinnier, have nice sharp ends on them, they could even be curved slightly like quills should be, but the smooth metal finish may be tricky to get paint to stick to. Perhaps if I sand them and primer them... Hmmm.

I didn't think this project would become such a labor of love, and that has caused it to become a bit over budget on time, so I had to stop working on it for a while to finish a couple other projects. The quills are on now though, but he still needs his dreads.

Her are some final painting pics for you (head and body). Doing hands and feet today, and probably dreads, but those are the last things to go on.

HPIM6083.jpg

HPIM6085.jpg

HPIM6087.jpg

HPIM6093.jpg

HPIM6094.jpg

HPIM6095.jpg

These are still repainted Elder Quills.
HPIM6092.jpg

HPIM6096.jpg

And the best thing about him is he doesn't have any chest or back armor, so all the work I did on his body won't be hidden.

Check your email, Patrick. I have some questions for you.

And the best thing about him is he doesn't have any chest or back armor, so all the work I did on his body won't be hidden.

Check your email, Patrick. I have some questions for you.

Yeah he almost has no armor at all just some waist armor and the shoulder armors and ofcourse the fur lol

i've replied the e-mail :)

Back