Hot Toys Snake Predator cometh - - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres a lifesize snake
garage142.jpg

garage179.jpg

I knew I shouldn't of clicked this thread! Just awesome work dude, very incredible talent you have.

Hey Stag,

Have you sent the Elder bust yet. I'm excited to see it in person. Always wanted to do a lifesize one of him. Glad you chose me on that one. Can't wait to get to it.

Hey Stag,

Have you sent the Elder bust yet. I'm excited to see it in person. Always wanted to do a lifesize one of him. Glad you chose me on that one. Can't wait to get to it.

He is in a box and is gonna go out tomorrow, (Friday) right to you man, cant wait to see you work some magic on him man...

Wow awesome work dude...

Ok so this is a Snake Predator.. Where do yall come up with these names for the predators?

Wow awesome work dude...

Ok so this is a Snake Predator.. Where do yall come up with these names for the predators?

If I do a totally original repaint, I usually let somebody on the forum give it a name, like the Na'vi Sapien, or the Sabertooth ones, but in this case, all the honor guard Predators in the movie Predator 2 had names given to them, probably by the effects guys that made them. The artists were given license by Stan Winston's art director to come up with designs and decorations for the individual Predators they worked on. Collectively, the background Preds are known as the Lost Predators because all of the suits disappeared after the movie, never to be seen again. The one I based this repaint on is known as the 'Snake' because his coloring was inspired by rattle snakes and the like. He is also referred to as the 'Rattlesnake' Predator.

Likewise, the Hot Toys figure known as the 'Lost Predator', is actually known as the 'Borg Predator' because the body armor used on him, which actually came from an early Stan Winston project called the Vindicator, looks very much like Star Trek Borg armor.

Anyone have any idea why the Snake's dreads were short? Is it because he is younger than the others or maybe clipped them? Just curious.

It's all about happy customers. I also learn more with each project and try to up my game each time. The only part of this that sucks is not being able to keep all the cool stuff I make. -sigh-

Think of it this way: you're leaving your legacy in the homes and hearts of many collectors here. We all post a lot of pics too. Most of your work has always left a lasting impression on me. I still remember the first time I saw your custom Scar. Made my jaw drop. :D

Keep up the awesome work bro.

HEY NATHAN!
I REALLY LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH MY P2 SNAKE!
I LOVE IT, REALLY EXCITED TO SEE PICS OF MY P2 SNAKE ALL DONE WITH SHORT HAIR :D
YOUR THE BEST!
I'M ALMOST READY TO SENT IN MY OTHER P2 LOST HUNTERS TO YA :d

i swear, hot toys would make a mint off me if they would just make all the lost preds.
since they won't, i'm glad SilentSurfer is around to make even better ones.

off topic - have you had a chance to start on my space jockey kit? looks like you're keeping pretty busy.

Very very busy. Your Space Jockey is about 1 or 2 away now. Might even start it next week.

Anyone have any idea why the Snake's dreads were short? Is it because he is younger than the others or maybe clipped them? Just curious.

My impression is that he's younger. If they had trimmed the dreads, it would be from the ends, and then the tapered look wouldn't remain.

Think of it this way: you're leaving your legacy in the homes and hearts of many collectors here. We all post a lot of pics too. Most of your work has always left a lasting impression on me. I still remember the first time I saw your custom Scar. Made my jaw drop. :D

Keep up the awesome work bro.

Thanks, I will. As a matter of fact, even if HT did the Snake and other Preds, I'd probably still get commissioned to do repaints. No way mass production quality is touching how awesome this thing looks.

Can't wait to get mine... I.....need...MORE PICS!!!!!:D:D

More coming. I had to set this one aside today to do four Superman heads for a Friday deadline, but those are almost done. If I don't have time to get back to Snake tonight, I'll definitely have him near or totally done tomorrow; for sure Saturday.

HEY NATHAN!
I REALLY LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH MY P2 SNAKE!
I LOVE IT, REALLY EXCITED TO SEE PICS OF MY P2 SNAKE ALL DONE WITH SHORT HAIR :D
YOUR THE BEST!
I'M ALMOST READY TO SENT IN MY OTHER P2 LOST HUNTERS TO YA :d

You're more than welcome to, but I still have your Hippie to get to first.

Hey Nathan,

Yeah, my Hippie you will do will rock too!
Can you also add the black quils/hair spikes on the snake?

Totally love the airbrushing you did

Nathan, have you ever tried to make some quills? I'm guessing that if anyone can do it, you can.

Last edited:
Back