Hot Toys Snake Predator cometh - - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The detail is mind boggling. You are very talented SilentSurfer. The P1 Pred will probably always be my favorite, but the Snake Pred is a close second. Great work!

Dreads went on even better than I imagined. Modified the netting. Just took some pictures which I will post within the hour. Then it's some quick armor touch up, assembly, and Snake is here!

I WANT IT... I WANT IT.... I WANT IT... I WANT IT...

Congrats Predatortje

Don't worry. You got one coming too.

You reall, really want one???LMK :naughty:naughty

Are you planning on 'flipping' the one I'm doing for you? I already got q covered.

The detail is mind boggling. You are very talented SilentSurfer. The P1 Pred will probably always be my favorite, but the Snake Pred is a close second. Great work!

Wait til you see what I'm going to do with Reinhardt's P1. That's right Reinhardt, your P1 is getting close.

Okay, so more like an hour and a half. If you want time to fly right out the airlock, become a customizer. Seriously. Damn!

Anyway, here are some pics for you all for waiting so patiently. Dreads are cut shorter and reinstalled. Some of the larger ones required the embedded wire mod I've seen used on a Lost Pred. Works friggin' perfectly. Check it out.

HPIM6112.jpg

HPIM6114.jpg

HPIM6115.jpg

When I put the netting on him, I was disappointed in how much of my pattern work on the back was covered by the clasping seam of the netting. That wasn't good enough for me, so I cut off the clasp seam, and used tweezers to carefully glue the loose threads together so it looks like there isn't even an opening in the netting. Yes, this is the back of the netting. I also opened up the arm holes to look more like the studio pic below.
HPIM6113.jpg

Body2.jpg

Full build up with armor pics very soon.

Are you planning on 'flipping' the one I'm doing for you? I already got q covered.

Thinking of selling for what i'm going to pay. Just trying to get another piece that I really want. I don't know.....those pics could change a persons mind.:naughty

Nathan that is just incredible, once I win the lottery i'm gonna get them all done!

I cant wait to get mine.... I was lucky enough to see Silent Surfers custom Freddy Krueger with furnace (he was kind enough to bring it to my booth at F&S).... WOW! That thing was AWESOME! If you have a chance to get a custom from him, do it, I just did!

Such an impressive project... how durable is the paint work on the body; how do you prevent the paint from scratching off when posed?

I'm so glad Nathan is willing to do Snake for me, the other predator project he has from me is Hippie (His Staff came with the HT Borg), after that i will send him Ram, Boar Junior (his helmet came with the HT Borg) & Gort.. But that's for later... :D

Such an impressive project... how durable is the paint work on the body; how do you prevent the paint from scratching off when posed?

SS has done a full custom Scar Pred for me and put quills and painted the armor "camo" on one of my P1s. My Scar is in an enclosed case and I have not messed with it too much and there are no problems with the paint.
My P1 is also enclosed, but I have adjusted his stance several times, and the paint is still in tip top shape. One thing that I do b4 I move him is to wash my hands.
My experience with his paints is only positive, and it has held up well.

how durable is the paint work on the body; how do you prevent the paint from scratching off when posed?

The first day or two, the paint hasn't quite set yet, but when it has, it has been my experience that it is very durable. I have painted everything with the same paint, both my own stuff, and for commissions, and I haven't had any complaints yet. However, the joints on Predators can have some tight friction. I'm not sure what the paint used or method is for factory jobs, but once I've customized something, it's not a bad idea, just to be safe, to treat it like a work of art rather than a toy.

Totally painted, fully assembled, working on fur. Snake Pred cometh very soon.

Damn, I'm going to hate letting this one go back home!

Last edited:
Back