Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

oh, in regards with that jacket. it can be removed, its just tedious and painstakingly patience draining removing and porting on another figure. :/

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

damn, just checkd my status on package. Looks like I missed the Fed Ex guy. I'm going to try and see if I can pick it up after work

We got this guy yesterday but I'm kinda bummed to read he doesn't have good detailing and looks like an older figure. :(

We got this guy yesterday but I'm kinda bummed to read he doesn't have good detailing and looks like an older figure. :(

Ugh? did you or are going to open this up? Then you will see what's what.

I missed mentioning in my non-pictoral review a few posts up, that the hair, although not quite accurate in colour (ie lacking more blonde highlights, does have a very cool effect: they have applied a coppery effect that makes the hair look wet, really great job by Hot Toys.)

I missed mentioning in my non-pictoral review a few posts up, that the hair, although not quite accurate in colour (ie lacking more blonde highlights, does have a very cool effect: they have applied a coppery effect that makes the hair look wet, really great job by Hot Toys.)

Sweaty haired Cap :hi5:
The lighter metallic streaks were the first thing I noticed when I unboxed. Mine were a little overdone, and my first reaction was someone did a bad hair highlighting job! Then I realized I was holding the figure really close to inspect for defect :rotfl Overall, I'm really happy with the figure. I felt more excited unboxing this figure than my TFA one. That one had a very bad reaction (hunchback of Notre-Dame!) due to the poor assembly of the uniform. No such issue here!

Don't be, it's a wonderful set and you won't be disappointed.
;)

Still need the mask, boots and gloves though
But yeah Hot Toys really could of provided them with this package and then you have the 2 in 1 they were initially planning on releasing. Cant see too many people picking up the Golden Age and this now, they'll just get the spare bits I would suspect :dunno

The fact that he has the bodysuit underneath is good enough for me. The rest of the parts won't be that hard to get, I think. Now the USO version is gonna need to have something extra for me to pass on the Rescue version and get the USO version.

Can someone who already has this please tell me this is just a bad photo :gah:

p1090054.jpg

From kotaku review

Wow! That's terrible. It doesn't even look like Evans. :monkey4

Just finished putting mine together, anyone else who has the figure no the correct way of attaching the knife? Obviously I've tied the string round the shin/ankle area but where are the hooks meant to hook onto? Also which hand are people using to hold the hand gun? Seems neither the relaxed hand nor the one that looks like a trigger hand hold it brilliantly :dunno

Overall happy with the purchase, the guys needs quite a bit of futzing as the body harness sits rather loose rather than as tight as I would of liked (I guess this is for articulation/dynamic posing purposes) so had to do a fair bit of tucking in. The metal helmet is a very nice touch, shame the shield is still plastic though. Jacket is superb as is the tailoring in general. Lastly the box is gorgeous as well, really nice grainy finish to it, makes you feel like you've got a premium collectable :yess:

I'll post some pics once I have him setup with Red Skull.... :impatient:

Just finished putting mine together, anyone else who has the figure no the correct way of attaching the knife? Obviously I've tied the string round the shin/ankle area but where are the hooks meant to hook onto? Also which hand are people using to hold the hand gun? Seems neither the relaxed hand nor the one that looks like a trigger hand hold it brilliantly :dunno

Overall happy with the purchase, the guys needs quite a bit of futzing as the body harness sits rather loose rather than as tight as I would of liked (I guess this is for articulation/dynamic posing purposes) so had to do a fair bit of tucking in. The metal helmet is a very nice touch, shame the shield is still plastic though. Jacket is superb as is the tailoring in general. Lastly the box is gorgeous as well, really nice grainy finish to it, makes you feel like you've got a premium collectable :yess:

I'll post some pics once I have him setup with Red Skull.... :impatient:

The metal hook is pointless if you have it around his leg. I feel like they included the hook for accuracy because it looks like it would attach to the belt or harness like the pistol's holster.

The harness can be tightened by adjusting the 4 little straps near the belt area.
cap4.jpg

Was just fooling around and decided to try this out:
cvdwvtd

The metal hook is pointless if you have it around his leg. I feel like they included the hook for accuracy because it looks like it would attach to the belt or harness like the pistol's holster.

The harness can be tightened by adjusting the 4 little straps near the belt area.
cap4.jpg

Looks good in this pic :hi5:

Just got the g/f to give it a go and it looks a little better now. Thanks :hi5:

Can someone who already has this please tell me this is just a bad photo :gah:

p1090054.jpg

From kotaku review

Holy COW! :horror

Is that a Hasbro headsculpt? :confused:

HT's headsculpts are definitely taking steps backwards.

Johann Schmidt then Nick Fury now this? :slap

I can't believe folks paid $250 and up for this. :cuckoo:

Holy COW! :horror

Is that a Hasbro headsculpt? :confused:

HT's headsculpts are definitely taking steps backwards.

Johann Schmidt then Nick Fury now this? :slap

I can't believe folks paid $250 and up for this. :cuckoo:

I don't care about price, I can afford it. Besides, I'll be posing this thing from the back carrying the shield.

I'll be posing this thing from the back carrying the shield.

Yeah with that headsculpt I don't blame you.

Maybe put a 1/6 scale paper bag over his head, too.

Yeah with that headsculpt I don't blame you.

Maybe put a 1/6 scale paper bag over his head, too.

:rotfl

Sadly, you are mistaken, in hand this is a great sculpt, just like the Fury and Red Skull are IN HAND. Washed out photos do no justice to this figure. Looks great with the other figures in my collection, inside a detlof. Funny how these never look as good outside, unlike HASBRO, they look great in ANY lighting condition:slap :wink1:

You're right, it does look better in person than in pics. That's why we need OMG to take pics already. However, this is F---A---R from HT's best.

Back