Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

Sadly, you are mistaken, in hand this is a great sculpt, just like the Fury and Red Skull are IN HAND. Washed out photos do no justice to this figure.

OMG takes "washed out" pics? :rotfl

ce31ffb0.jpg

425572_10150550355182344_58690437343_9123986_782126155_n.jpg

The finished product looks inferior to the prototype. With HT, it used to be the other way around. :violin

lowered-expectations.jpg

It's great you can still enjoy the figure, though. :wink1:

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

I mean, people should really keep in mind that these are larger than the actual product. Yeah, you've lost some quality between proto and production, but at that ACTUAL scale it's really not a big difference. In fact, I prefer the final Red Skull & Nick Fury to the protos personally. To each their own however.

In the case of Fury, the paint apps on the beard and mouth are noticeably poorer on the production piece.

This Evans sculpt looks like vinyl, IMO.
And with the exception of the shield and the helmet, this could be any kitbashed military solider.

But hey, if folks want to pay steak prices for beef jerky . . . then be my guest! :peace

I got mine and think it is a great figure. I don't care what the nitpickers are saying.
1343262681.jpg

To me the production head looks more realistic. The beard is too smooth but the face and head look more natural then the prototype.

ce31ffb0.jpg

The finished product looks inferior to the prototype. With HT, it used to be the other way around. :violin

lowered-expectations.jpg

To me the production head looks more realistic. The beard is too smooth but the face and head look more natural then the prototype.

I agree with this. SLJ's skin does have pore texture but not sandpaper like the proto. Regardless, this is why I avoid looking at proto pics for long periods. I'd rather stare at my in hand product :p

Last edited:

ce31ffb0.jpg

lowered-expectations.jpg

G.F. I was refering to the exterior picture posted of Rescue Captain, not OMG's he makes all HS shine.:wave

Got mine today. I think it's pretty cool overall.

2012-07-25192440.jpg
2012-07-25192556.jpg
2012-07-25192816.jpg
2012-07-25200334.jpg
2012-07-25200423.jpg
2012-07-25200657.jpg
2012-07-25200108.jpg
2012-07-25200303.jpg

Just unboxed mine... very happy with him. :rock
004-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

he looks much better in person.

damn...what a stunning figure.....so confused which one to get now...DX 12, this Cap or the Batpod?! and all of them at (approximately) the same price point!! :panic::panic::panic:

damn...what a stunning figure.....so confused which one to get now...DX 12, this Cap or the Batpod?! and all of them at (approximately) the same price point!! :panic::panic::panic:

Same dilemma :lol

But since i still dont have a Batman, im going for DX12 + Batpod

im so tempted to get this since i hav Red Skull on PO :lol

Why not all 3? The ones that you just named will only go up in price guaranteed.

Same dilemma :lol

But since i still dont have a Batman, im going for DX12 + Batpod

im so tempted to get this since i hav Red Skull on PO :lol

I already have the DX 09 and the TFA Cap, but I loved the TDKR film and the WWII look of Cap (it's like a WIP costume) and ideally, would love to get both! But budget constraints meant that I could only get one :(

Why not all 3? The ones that you just named will only go up in price guaranteed.

I know! Which makes the decision all the more difficult...I wish I could get all 3...but I only wanna spend $250 on the next figure..so would have to choose one of 'em :gah:

I already have the DX 09 and the TFA Cap, but I loved the TDKR film and the WWII look of Cap (it's like a WIP costume) and ideally, would love to get both! But budget constraints meant that I could only get one :(

I know! Which makes the decision all the more difficult...I wish I could get all 3...but I only wanna spend $250 on the next figure..so would have to choose one of 'em :gah:

Then sucks to be you! Jk:peace I know what you mean. I had to cancel Red Skull for now since Fury was shipping soon and Rescue Cap is a Ex. and same goes for Lt Falcon and I had to get them.

The metal hook is pointless if you have it around his leg. I feel like they included the hook for accuracy because it looks like it would attach to the belt or harness like the pistol's holster.

The harness can be tightened by adjusting the 4 little straps near the belt area.
cap4.jpg

Holy moly! That pic of him looks like my cousin in Oklahoma! :horror

So you have a cousin that doesn't look like Chris Evans either?

LOL LOL

So true.

Back