Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back this is a figure I regret not buying at the time. It came out right around the time I first started buying figures but wasn’t really collecting Marvel stuff. It still looks really good though I think and it’s a cool look. Something unique compared to the other Cap offerings.

I wish I started collecting back then I knew about hot toys I just didn't have any room for them. I started at BvS Batman and Deadpool. So I have all the ones I want after that and the rest are pre ordered. Now I have to back track on all the older ones I missed out on

so nice to see ol’ Cap again!! still one of, if not THE favourite Hot Toys fig!!
8E2A844D-7C7A-400D-A050-5BBC4C9AB1C2.jpeg
F7BF0713-3637-4731-80B9-74086566A162.jpeg
E7D5D8D2-2969-4439-946A-C3AF8CCE19E0.jpeg

some fine sandpaper... some paint... i also put it in the dirt, and just rubbed it in there... not too harshly... just took my time!!

Man you got some set of balls to do that to a $200+ (at the time) figure! Definitely awesome and braver than me!

And another retro pickup for me but also been futzing around with the AFS clothing set forever - I don't have the ***** to do distress work on my HT and love the HT Rescue Cap.
But - the AFS rescue clothing set is worth having just in case the original HT jacket has the dreaded peeling problem. Not that the AFS set is that cheap or wouldn't peel either.:dunno

But, - if I am ever gonna finish getting another kitbash Cap together - these are quick shots of a WIP and just messing around. So yeah, Cap's head looks awful and I don't even remember what body this is - it might be the old Han Solo body I was playing around with, can't tell until I get the clothes off again. Was kind of thinking of having an "open jacket version..."

But anyway, overall,
like experienced customizers have said, by the time you are done putting a decent figure together, you'll pay as much as for a new HT, more or less.:horror

Just some comments:
1) Love the Rescue Cap HT.:clap
2) IMO the AFS set is very good:clap. No included rifle. Pegs needed for included shoes. Slight color differences - the HT overall seems to have more of a tinge of green and more weathered re the pants and straps. AFS jacket unzips, but it's not a real zipper stop, it's just stiffened at the bottom of the zipper so you can unzip and re-zip. HT helmet is heavier tho both are metal.
3) Slight differences in the way the jacket is constructed but really very close.
4) Didn't have fit problems with the AFS set whatever body this is.....
5) Re the AFS set, takes a while to clip the straps to the belt.
6) IMO the AFS set is a great set if you are prepared to futz. It's not like you can say, oh, the HT clothes are way way better, because the AFS set is pretty good. Although the HT helmet is far heavier.:dunno

Actually the HT Cap is holding the AFS shield in these shots.
HT Rescue Cap on the left (with AFS shield)::love (PS. No way this Steve Rogers sculpt will fit a helmet re the hair, without sanding down or other)

FirstAvenger1.jpg

FirstAvenger2.jpg

FirstAvenger3.jpg

FirstAvengers_back.jpg

FirstAvengers_detail.jpg

Some of the AFS set accessories:

FirstAvengers_stuff.jpg

Those pics are awesome rhboyd!

I might pick up a cap body soon, (I only have AoU version) can anyone tell me ..

Is this the same body as The First Avenger MMS 156? With single jointed elbows etc.

And are the thigh expanders glued on or molded on? (on this or the TFA body)?

I bought the AFS set and an original rescue cap HT body plus a rescue cap sculpt from Username.

Can’t wait for the body to get here to put it all together. I love this look for cap.

Those pics are awesome rhboyd!

I might pick up a cap body soon, (I only have AoU version) can anyone tell me ..

Is this the same body as The First Avenger MMS 156? With single jointed elbows etc.

And are the thigh expanders glued on or molded on? (on this or the TFA body)?

Here's a link to an ebay auction for the Rescue body (with part of the costume included). From what I can tell, it looks the same as the TFA Cap body with single jointed elbows and thigh expanders (on TFA Cap, they're not molded on- it's either glued or attached). It does have the longer ankle pegs, while TFA Cap initially came with shorter ones.

Here's a link to an ebay auction for the Rescue body (with part of the costume included). From what I can tell, it looks the same as the TFA Cap body with single jointed elbows and thigh expanders (on TFA Cap, they're not molded on- it's either glued or attached). It does have the longer ankle pegs, while TFA Cap initially came with shorter ones.

TFA Cap initially came with shorter ones? So a later batch included longer ones?
I remember him seeming short the way IM2 Widow was too tall. (I think I remember that) HT took a while to sort the scales out.

The neck looks like it has painted skin texture, but the arms don't, right?

One last question -- the ZC TOYS body* looks like an exact copy of Cap's first body except screws are in different places. And 1/3 the price. Does that seem right?

* https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-Male-Muscular-Action-Figure-Doll-ZC-TOYS-Broad-Shoulder-Body-Model-/292712462245?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

TFA Cap initially came with shorter ones? So a later batch included longer ones?
I remember him seeming short the way IM2 Widow was too tall. (I think I remember that) HT took a while to sort the scales out.

The neck looks like it has painted skin texture, but the arms don't, right?

One last question -- the ZC TOYS body* looks like an exact copy of Cap's first body except screws are in different places. And 1/3 the price. Does that seem right?

* https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-Male-Muscular-Action-Figure-Doll-ZC-TOYS-Broad-Shoulder-Body-Model-/292712462245?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Yeah, TFA Cap initially had short ankle pegs, and I believe that some later batches had an extra set of longer ankle pegs included.

On TFA Cap, the arms are unpainted, and the neck has some light painting on it.

There are a lot of knockoff third party bodies that sell for considerably less than HT bodies, so that's about right. From my experience though, HT bodies are worth the higher price tag.

Yeah, TFA Cap initially had short ankle pegs, and I believe that some later batches had an extra set of longer ankle pegs included.

There are a lot of knockoff third party bodies that sell for considerably less than HT bodies, so that's about right. From my experience though, HT bodies are worth the higher price tag.

*Sadly* that's been my experience too. My uber-cheap bodies work for quick cell shots/experimenting. Haven't tried a Phicen yet tho $$$$.

My first Phicen will be a seamless female medium bust "athletic" for the USO dancer outfit (think made by Flirty Girl co., a while back). Even that outfit will need work to be more SA. Pairing the planned "USO" kitbash with this Cap for display w. some small WW2 posters.

Yeah. Hmm.

but ... folks were just saying a few pages back their Rescue Cap's ankles were loose and he had trouble standing on his own. My $16 USD narrow shoulder ttm-18 clone stands up fine. :dunno

(ETA: I know HT still has a more reliable track record than random ebay seller with something that looks like a ht clone, I just wonder about say, ZC TOYS vs HT. Is the difference really so big? Do ZC bodies just shatter if you hold them too tight? Sorry I'm kinda derailing here)

This is my Rescue Cap
Body from the winter soldier Cap
Head is from ebay (had to shave the hair to fit the helmet)
2zxuoe9.jpg

Back