Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergeant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The funny thing is the HT Squad Leaders I own have quite different weathering too. The same model, but one is much less pronounced.

BTW the thread should be renamed, there is a missing "e" in Sergeant in the title: Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergeant

Odd that. I have 2 Sandie squadleaders from very different stores. (1 uk, another from a store in Belgium) and the weathering seems to follow the same pattern on both. But naturally, if they are hand painted variations must occur.

The funny thing is the HT Squad Leaders I own have quite different weathering too. The same model, but one is much less pronounced.

BTW the thread should be renamed, there is a missing "e" in Sergeant in the title: Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergeant

Mine are different aswell, the same basic pattern but different highlights.

Odd that. I have 2 Sandie squadleaders from very different stores. (1 uk, another from a store in Belgium) and the weathering seems to follow the same pattern on both. But naturally, if they are hand painted variations must occur.

Hot Toys Sandtrooper Orange Pauldron 24.jpg

Hot Toys Sandtrooper Orange Pauldron 23.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergant

Have there been any pics of the backpack for this figure? Five different backpacks were made for the sandtroopers and am curious if one of the others was used for this figure.

I just wish they would change the helmet so the brow isn't exactly the same as the previous sandtrooper.

That helmet is so much more striking and menacing then the hero helmet. I hope we get a regular stormtrooper with the stunt helmet.

So...anyone have an idea when we will see this guy?

long after they have milked the rogue one cow. They need to strike while the iron is hot with rogue one. They could bring this guy out whenever they like and people will buy him. Plus, longer they wait the more they can charge.

long after they have milked the rogue one cow. They need to strike while the iron is hot with rogue one. They could bring this guy out whenever they like and people will buy him. Plus, longer they wait the more they can charge.

Worse still if you are in the UK. Our prices are rising uncontrollably with these figures. They are increasing by £10 - £20 a month on pre orders to the point where my limit is being hit. I really want some of the OT figures revealed at SDCC but I might be priced out by the time they are available.

Yeah I'm in the uk and feeling the burn. Going from saying yes to everything to having to be very selective. A year ago I'd be all over the full rogue one line up, now I'm thinking I can't get any.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Worse still if you are in the UK. Our prices are rising uncontrollably with these figures. They are increasing by £10 - £20 a month on pre orders to the point where my limit is being hit. I really want some of the OT figures revealed at SDCC but I might be priced out by the time they are available.

I agree with this 100%, Brexit and the plunging pound has totally destroyed this hobby for us in the UK. I'm just glad I got most of what I wanted before sterling crashed. Before I might have considered some of the SDCC offerings, now I'm only in for Yoda and R2 from HT and Snowspeeder Luke from Sideshow; I won't be buying any secondary characters and future 'instant buys' are pretty much limited to Jedi Luke if and when HT make one. At this rate things that I would have bought without hesitation like a HT Bespin Han or Emperor's Royal Guard are not going to be bought by me; I already have a Stormtrooper Han kit bashed from a spacetrooper and a Jnix sculpt.

It's hard to think what else I'd buy without hesitation - probably one of the Venkman's that's coming out, depending on which one has the better sculpt; I'd also get a licensed Daniel Craig Bond if Big Chief do one and its any good. But I won't be buying any random stuff at all - no Cumberbatch Doctor Strange, or Affleck Batman - which i might otherwise have shelled out for because they look like fun figures; likewise Muhammad Ali, a figure I've always wanted - now it's just too random given how much it will probably cost.

Then again I love what I do have, and maybe the pound will bounce back one day; I guess being forced to cut down also allows you to enjoy your existing collection more without forever thinking about what you don't have.

The orange pauldron Sandtrooper is still available in a few places just below £200.

Just give me two of these already! Come on HT!

Yeah I'm in the uk and feeling the burn. Going from saying yes to everything to having to be very selective. A year ago I'd be all over the full rogue one line up, now I'm thinking I can't get any.

I agree with this 100%, Brexit and the plunging pound has totally destroyed this hobby for us in the UK. I'm just glad I got most of what I wanted before sterling crashed. Before I might have considered some of the SDCC offerings, now I'm only in for Yoda and R2 from HT and Snowspeeder Luke from Sideshow; I won't be buying any secondary characters and future 'instant buys' are pretty much limited to Jedi Luke if and when HT make one. At this rate things that I would have bought without hesitation like a HT Bespin Han or Emperor's Royal Guard are not going to be bought by me; I already have a Stormtrooper Han kit bashed from a spacetrooper and a Jnix sculpt.

It's hard to think what else I'd buy without hesitation - probably one of the Venkman's that's coming out, depending on which one has the better sculpt; I'd also get a licensed Daniel Craig Bond if Big Chief do one and its any good. But I won't be buying any random stuff at all - no Cumberbatch Doctor Strange, or Affleck Batman - which i might otherwise have shelled out for because they look like fun figures; likewise Muhammad Ali, a figure I've always wanted - now it's just too random given how much it will probably cost.

Then again I love what I do have, and maybe the pound will bounce back one day; I guess being forced to cut down also allows you to enjoy your existing collection more without forever thinking about what you don't have.

Agreed fully.

I wanted to complete the Bounty Hunter line up but at £225 for 4LOM I just cannot justify it. Especially when Bossk cost me £87 less than 2 years ago.

Yoda is now pre ordering at £220 when he was £180 a few months ago.

Painful :gah:

Back