1/6 Hot Toys - MMS721 - Episode IV: A New Hope - Sandtrooper Sergeant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars was once my religion, but I've fallen from the purer faith.

Can't get very excited even for the OT now, but I may get the Sergeant to go with the old orange pauldron guy...

View attachment 656825

...to recreate the marriage proposal scene...

View attachment 656826

Could go with LOTR too?

2cItkbg.jpg

No shame in buying multiples of figures/characters you really like :monkey3
My focus being OT Imperials, I don't mind having multiple identical figures for example. I collect for myself, don't care whatever others might say. There was someone who was wondering why I would buy a Hot Toys R2-Q5 and R5-J2, if ever made, since I already have the Sideshow versions. Just because. As long as I don't ask him for the money, why wonder about what I'm doing with my collection and $ ;)

My focus being OT Imperials, I don't mind having multiple identical figures for example. I collect for myself, don't care whatever others might say. There was someone who was wondering why I would buy a Hot Toys R2-Q5 and R5-J2, if ever made, since I already have the Sideshow versions. Just because. As long as I don't ask him for the money, why wonder about what I'm doing with my collection and $ ;)
Well said. I just pre ordered 2 Sandtrooper Sergeants,I caved in:blissydespite having the sideshow one. There is never enough troopers:yess:

Well said. I just pre ordered 2 Sandtrooper Sergeants,I caved in:blissydespite having the sideshow one. There is never enough troopers:yess:
I was right there in just about to order a second single Sandie Sergeant, but realized no place to display as already have 2 HT orange pauldron Sandtroopers (and a Marmit), and need space for the, hopefully, upcoming Death Star Trooper too.

Anyone have thoughts on how multiple of these will look next to each other? I'd love to put together a team but I'm a bit worried about how uniform the weathering will be between them.

Anyone have thoughts on how multiple of these will look next to each other? I'd love to put together a team but I'm a bit worried about how uniform the weathering will be between them.
If you give them different weapons and poses,no one cares about the weathering

I ordered two as well, but the weathering would definitely be too uniform for my taste, as HT generally is quite consistent in their paint apps. My plan is to re-weather one of them.

Hmm, one or two?:unsure: The redo of the backpack and unique pauldron says maybe 2.

Not a huge fan of the helmet but HT sandtroopers don't come along very often and once they do, they "move along" pretty quickly from the bargain category to the $$$ category.

Also so happy there will be some more sandie parts available at affordable prices for a little while. That hasn't been the case in some time (and yes I bought a lot of the stormie parts when that out-of-the-blue OT grouping came up at TA a couple of days ago.)

Back