Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergeant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergant

Most had the higher brow but some did not.
7de5f0beace4e6b49e3d8115cab20da7.png

923bfc858ad9faaa43bc689280461421.png

f74799d00528047929d4bdb5c2a8ed3c.png

Most had the higher brow but some did not.
7de5f0beace4e6b49e3d8115cab20da7.png

923bfc858ad9faaa43bc689280461421.png

f74799d00528047929d4bdb5c2a8ed3c.png

Seems like the reverse to me. In each of those photos it's one with the raised shape ^, and the rest are straight (but with the gap for the stunt). Even in the "Look, sir. Droids." shot it looks straight across (but with stunt gap).

Essentially to me it's this normal (1st) vs raised (2nd). I guess the HT one is probably closer to the normal one, or somewhere in between.

:lol I'm just remembering what the sandtrooper experts on the board pointed out when the first one came out.

Totally accurate or not to any actual actor in the film, I do like the raised brow as one more item of difference between stormtroopers and sandtroopers. After all, they're really basically the same compared to the differences with snow and scouts.

The really high raised brow was specific to that individual trooper, just like the ring stain on the pauldron, they're just reusing the mold, simple as that.

Yeah, would have been better to straighten out a bit for variety, but they are maximizing profits with little effort. I used this helmet to have stunt Stormies and I contemplated straightening the brow, but I didn't want to screw it up.

Here's a nice close up shot of the helmet. I like the weathering on this guy.SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Toys-44.jpg

I never thought we'd see the "look sir, droids!" fellow from Hot Toys. :lol

These announcements open up a whole new dimension of possible figures... and increase the likelihood of bankruptcy. :lol

I need a black pauldron HT Sandie and I'll be done with the Tatooine squad

Nice to see that they have changed the weathering from the Squad Leader.

Nice to see that they have changed the weathering from the Squad Leader.

The funny thing is the HT Squad Leaders I own have quite different weathering too. The same model, but one is much less pronounced.

BTW the thread should be renamed, there is a missing "e" in Sergeant in the title: Hot Toys Sandtrooper Sergeant

Back