Hot Toys Rumors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you want most

• T1 - Police Station Terminator

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • T2 - Battle Damaged T-800

Votes: 38 12.8%
  • Rocky - Rocky Balboa

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Rambo - John Rambo

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Blade Runner - Rick Deckard

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • Robocop - Robocop

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • BTTF - Marty McFly

Votes: 61 20.5%
  • Star Wars - Anakin Skywalker

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Watchmen - Rorscach

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • Iron Man - Mk.1 Suit

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters
Every other figure on that list has been done either officially, or by talented customizers.

I loved BTTF but have no 1/6 interest in it. Marty selling more than a Arnold Terminator, Rambo or a Iron Man? I don't see it.

Apart from Deckard, all those other franchises have had loads of collectible toys released related to them--many of which in the high end market. Like Ghostbusters, BTTF has a huge cult following, but little in the way of collectibles until recently. And even then, BTTF has model Deloreans, Kubricks, and Minimates. No 6" figures and no 12" figures to appease fans' appetite for collectibles. Even though McFly would just be a civilian in an orange life preserver wearing Nikes, that's a very iconic look of an extremely popular character among people in the 30-40 year old range (i.e., HT collectors), and of a character that hasn't had a single figure that really attempted to get at his likeness. Even Deckard had a couple of unlicensed 1/6th scale figures out there, but not this guy. There are existing HT versions of T1 and T2, Robocop, Rambo, Rocky, and Mark I. Sideshow did Anakin. Rorschach had several DCD figures (including a 13 inch one), but is from a movie that isn't nearly as popular among geeks as BTTF, and is much less desirable than he would have been a couple years ago since we know we're only gonna have 2 more figures from that license--one of which leaks like a faucet--and that's a license where you buy for an ensemble more than for a single figure.

Thus--Mcfly Hot Toys would be a seller IMO. Would it sell more than those other licenses? Maybe not, because the teenage/early 20s NECA crew are gonna buy Terminator, Iron Man, etc. but not BTTF. But it would still sell I would bet. On the order of Godfather anyway.

BTTF is a great movie, but like Platoon (a film I love) I've got no interest whatsoever in owning figures. 200 bucks for a teenage Michael J Fox in 80's duds? Boring. But if they make them and people want them, more power to the fans.

How about a McFly 2-pack Fox and Stoltz

back-to-the-future3.jpg

BTTF is a great movie, but like Platoon (a film I love) I've got no interest whatsoever in owning figures. 200 bucks for a teenage Michael J Fox in 80's duds? Boring. But if they make them and people want them, more power to the fans.

Really? :wink1:

Back-to-the-Future-Original-Poster-Art.jpg

But Platoon has nowhere near the geek interest/support as BTTF. And ultimately, the Platoon guys are just reasonably well known actors wearing fatigues. MJ Fox is distinctive looking in BTTF, even if he isn't wearing Iron Man armor, a Predator mask, a Batman cape, and doesn't have a damaged Terminator eye, light up Ghost Rider flame hair, and a laser cannon popping out of his chest and/or ass.

I think he would prolly outsell Rorschach and Bladerunner, but I don't see him selling more than the others. Rambo is a for sure seller seeing how his figures command a decent aftermarket price and so does Robocop and Rocky.People eat up Arnold Terminators. Anakin would do well as the SS one is garbage now. Iron Man is like printing money.

I have little doubt that Marty and Doc would sell relatively well. Or at least better than Prince of Persia or Clash of the Titans. But it'd have to be one announcement right after another as no body would just want just Marty or just Doc.

That said Marty is no where on my top ten. HT Snake Plisken? Now we're talking!

Marty without a doubt. He is the only one I want in 1:6 and would be a prize in my collection. Although I wouldn't be mad with a few on this list.

I think he would prolly outsell Rorschach and Bladerunner, but I don't see him selling more than the others. Rambo is a for sure seller seeing how his figures command a decent aftermarket price and so does Robocop and Rocky.People eat up Arnold Terminators. Anakin would do well as the SS one is garbage now. Iron Man is like printing money.
:exactly: I agree

I have little doubt that Marty and Doc would sell relatively well. Or at least better than Prince of Persia or Clash of the Titans. But it'd have to be one announcement right after another as no body would just want just Marty or just Doc.
:exactly: I agree

HT should do a 2-pack and force people to buy both. They would. I would. But from Carpenter's film library, R.J. MacReady or FAIL!

I would love for hot toys to make the CROW with brandon lee. With guitar and crow , and necklace.

Rick Deckard (and Roy Batty) would be my most wanted from that list, but a Rambo DX would be pretty cool.

Marty McFly?? LOL

And people bust my nuts for wanting HT JAWS figures...because they're "just people"?!? LOL

BB

Back