Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also willing to bet that film critics love to appear intelligent and sophisticated. So much so that when one critic praises a film others tend to follow suit by jumping on the bandwagon.

This is exactly the skepticism and lack of respect I’m talking about. Most of these reviews come out on the same day and do you really think professional journalists think and work like that? And have that little pride in their work? Just because you disagree with most of them (and you’re in every right to) doesn’t make them villains or part of a conspiracy.

This^^ [emoji122] ...there’s an unfortunate wide spread skepticism against knowledge based professionals these days. We, people in general, can like and love whatever we want, disagree with reviews as much as we want, but it doesn’t make us journalists, critics or our opinions ‘reviews’.

Ahh..but "knowledge based professionals" don't always get it right do they? Doctor botched a surgery, chef overcooked a steak, airline pilot crash landed etc. So yes I'd say a critic can get a film wrong as well.

Ahh..but "knowledge based professionals" don't always get it right do they? Doctor botched a surgery, chef overcooked a steak, airline pilot crash landed etc. So yes I'd say a critic can get a film wrong as well.

Of course they can! In someone else’s opinion that is, you or another reviewer or anyone else’s. There’s no definitive answer to if something is good or bad, but there are professional opinions and everyone else’s.

My own work gets reviews. I have gotten loads of professional reviews over time. The opinions vary. Sometimes a lot. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I see a review of my work having a completely different opinion than another one of the same work. Sometimes I feel like they got it sometimes I feel like they missed the point. But I always respect their profession and that it is exactly that. A profession.

Seriously why are you guys discussing TLJ in a thread about the Royal Guards from ROTJ?!

Got my notice. Looking forward to having 2 of them flank Palps.

Back on topic - is the release of this going the same way as ESB Vader i.e. simultaneous release from SS and HK? Is this now a 'thing'?

Too early to say if it's a new trend. I guess we'll able to draw conclusions by the end of the year.

All professionals are paid. That’s why they are professionals.

And please get my point. Just because you respect their profession and their devotion doesn’t mean you have to agree with them.

Overall this discussion can be about these figures as well....we all know that each release has its.....best “headsculpt ever” and “looks like Tom Cruise” folks.

Its even harder to find an objective opinion on these products due to the lack of professional judgements. However most art is subjective by nature.

Good thing we all have each other to tear into each release, over analyze and/or praise or deride.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back on topic - is the release of this going the same way as ESB Vader i.e. simultaneous release from SS and HK? Is this now a 'thing'?
I hope so. I think they are doing this to minimize the resellers in HK and creating a business out of it. It's for the people who want their figures right away and not have to wait 1.5 to 2 months to receive their figures.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s about time they’ve done that. The only part where it could be bad is when the first batch in HK had issues and they fixed them for the Sideshow batch. Now we could be getting the bad ones too.

Other than that though this is a good thing. Less waiting, more enjoying.

Come on, Palpatine. Gonna be displaying royal guards for a bit without Palps

In theory it should be the same amount of waiting we just don’t know about it. Much better, but yeah we will have to deal with the v1/v2 nonsense. Toothless Rey, etc.

In theory it should be the same amount of waiting we just don’t know about it. Much better, but yeah we will have to deal with the v1/v2 nonsense. Toothless Rey, etc.
Why/how could their be two versions of the Royal Guard? It's such a basic figure; so I'm not seeing how they could screw up any batches of them.

Why/how could their be two versions of the Royal Guard? It's such a basic figure; so I'm not seeing how they could screw up any batches of them.

Just mean in general. Going forward for all figures, if the US gets the first batch, we also run the risk of getting early errors that later get fixed.

Famous last words.... :lol

:rotfl Whoops they’re orange.

I wish BBTS would give a bit more of a heads up before charging. Wondering when they will get this.

Back